DM-Aly

Map name: Aly
    Game type: DM / TDM
    Version: 1.0
    Players: 2 - 6
    Requirements: UT3 + patch 2.1 + Titan Pack
    Released: 9 December 2009
    Homepage

Note that I release a SE version which is a much more polished version. I leave this old version available since some may like it anyway. Grab the SE directly here.

Story / Histoire:

Long ago, the inhabitants of this quiet & serene place mysteriously disappeared ? The subsequent population reconstruct through the remaining architectures. However, this population also disappeared leaving no clue, no message, no trace ? Nobody has any answer, it suggests that all these people were kidnapped by a unknown higher power, Aliens perhaps ? Welcome to Aly ...

Il y a très longtemps, les habitants de ce lieu tranquille & serein sont mystérieusement disparus ? La population subséquente a reconstruit au travers des architectures en place. Néanmoins, cette population à elle aussi disparue ne laissant aucun indice, aucun message, aucune trace ? Personne n'a de réponse, c'est à croire que toutes ces personnes ont été enlevées pas une force supérieure inconnue, par des Aliens peut-être ? Bienvenue à Aly...

Screenshots:

[screenshot]http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/2706/dmalyfinal01.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/107/dmalyfinal06.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/2935/dmalyfinal02.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2350/dmalyfinal03.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/7493/dmalyfinal04.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/8783/dmalyfinal05.jpg[/screenshot]

Downloads:

PC from Strategy Informer - mirror
    PC from UT-Files (direct download) - mirror
    PC from ut-X.net - mirror
    PS3 from MediaFire
    PS3 from Game-maps - mirror

Video:

Video on Youtube (THX to Terror_Force )

Installation:

PC

Extract the archive into :

"My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps" directory. If this folder is not currently on your system, you can safely create it. The archive contains :

DM-Aly.ini
    DM-Aly.txt
    DM-Aly.ut3
    DM-Aly_LOC_int.upk

PS3

DM-Aly_PS3.txt
    USERDATA.JAM

Copy the USERDATA.JAM file to a data card and insert that into the PS3 console.

What as been done for final 1.0:

- Add blocking volume outside the RL building first floor so when player pass on the narrow mesh they don't hang on the mesh on the wall.
    - Polished the hole on the first floor in the RL building. I forget that in RC1.
    - Tweak the blocking volume in the RL building ground level so now you can hide behind the empty baskets.
    - Add few trims here & there.
    - I've been able to replace the stock wood material with mine on all assets where the stock one didn't look good.
    - I notice some leafs passing trough the rocks when you pass in the narrow corridor to reach the Sniper weapon base. It's fixed.
    - Adjust the small waterfall sounds a bit near the Shock weapon base.
    - Adjust water volume velocity of the Udamage pool.
    - Tweak path nodes around the Udamage pool so bots have less difficulties to get out from the pool.
    - Tweak all the post precessing volume & physic volume for the non playable area.
    - Optimize the map a bit not only about proper material but also by culling some mesh.
    - Lot's of little things here & there not worth mentioning.

Comments:

This is my third map. Since the 2 previous one as took me months to build, I wanted to make a simple & nice atmospheric map with just a bit of deco. No complicated mesh work & such, just the minimum to make it look, sound & feel pleasing. I'm getting a minimum of 75 FPS playing against 3 bots with my rig in 1680x1050 everything set to max.

OCZ 600 Watt
    Asus P5N-D (NF750i)
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.0 GHz/1333/6M)
    4 GB OCZ Reaper (DDR2 800 Mhz CAS 3.4.4.15)
    Saphire Radeon HD4870 1 GB with Catalyst 9.10
    Segeate 500 GB 32 MB
    WinXP SP3 with all latest updates

Credits:

Consult the included text file.

Glad to see it's final, will download now and play it tomorrow!

Unless it's a completely different map than from the last version.... awesome work, I love it and I'm already looking forward for your next map

Comment

Well, it supposed to be better if you look at the change list

I'm happy you like it & many THX for beta testing, you where very helpful

It's funny for me to release Nano in October & this one in December, it's so close for me since between Station 12 & Nano many months as past lol

Comment

Tell me about it, my last map took me a year to make and this time it took only 3 months :P

Comment

Looks really nice steve and plays well too
          Well done mate and thank you very much. One more to keep

Comment

Originally posted by TIPPER View Post
            Looks really nice steve and plays well too
            Well done mate and thank you very much. One more to keep
            Wow dude, already played it ! Your fast mate

Happy to know it's a part of your collection

Comment

Nice work mate this going to be in my list of maps to keep on my External HDD.

Thanks bro

Comment

Glad to see you are able to make a very nice map in a relatively short amount of time!

The final version turned out really nice. Lighting has been improved a lot since the beta and the final touches you have made since the RC1 are nice (mainly the new wood texture).

A very fun map that has solid visuals and a cool theme. Good job man!

Comment

Originally posted by Zerglings View Post
                  Nice work mate this going to be in my list of maps to keep on my External HDD.

Thanks bro
                  Your very welcome mate

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
                    Glad to see you are able to make a very nice map in a relatively short amount of time!

The final version turned out really nice. Lighting has been improved a lot since the beta and the final touches you have made since the RC1 are nice (mainly the new wood texture).

A very fun map that has solid visuals and a cool theme. Good job man!
                    Yeah, 3 months of work is **** fast for me LOL

I wanted to add a "sofa" just for you in the RL basement but I thought that it would be "a little" out of place

I know it's not perfect & there are other small things I would had like to do but I don't have the knowledge to make them & since the current state is decent while not perfect, I feel the need to work on something else. But anyway, I'm happy you notice the changes dude & that you like it

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                      I wanted to add a "sofa" just for you in the RL basement but I thought that it would be "a little" out of place
                      I knew there was something that felt out of place, that was my sofa. Ohh well.

I know it's not perfect & there are other small things I would had like to do but I don't have the knowledge to make them & since the current state is decent while not perfect, I feel the need to work on something else. But anyway, I'm happy you notice the changes dude & that you like it
                      As long as you learned something new, got some more practice as other things and ended up making a map "worth playing' (which obviously you did), then it's time to move on to the next map.

Comment

Excellent work!

The #2 screen looks surreal.

As others have said - good to see that you are able to complete a project in a reasonable amount of time, there is no end to polishing these babies trust me i know & we've talked about this before and as i said - i like you am picky (almost to a fault at times) so for me its almost therapeutic to complete something with out thinking every single last detail must be perfect..... sometimes if we don't have this awareness we may even 'over-work' our projects by trying too hard. - personally i'd still rather be conscientious than sloppy though.

Double thumbs up on this one Steve. - Its all about the balance.

Comment

Mirrors:

PC
                          http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...ile=DM-Aly.rar

PS3
                          http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...DM-Aly_PS3.rar

Comment

Gratz on hitting a final!
                            Downloading now!

Comment

héhé....congratz bro ; it looks **** good; and i think u did the best choice with the "instant" kill outside...it s more easy to understand now haha...outside= death....no deal...it make things more clear
                              i like really that bluish fog u used to "link" the sea & the mountains base....superb
                              good choice on the music track( i played it with music on for first time ) it add a nice "serenity" feeling to the place
                              excellent gameplay on top visuals= one keeper more
                              thx for your work my friend

Comment

Working...
                              X