Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
    I've tested your map..... it's another >original 1XTreme<
    I like the clean mapstructure. It's optimally for 1on1 matches !
    Good work !

Yes, runs mostly for me in dialup-modem speed.

Greetz !
    Sweet! glad you like it. Yeah it works good on 1on1 or 2on2, - perfect for that, - don't be fooled though its no slouch with more players, it gets even more intense with 5 vs. 5 instagib.

Has that Mediafire always been slow like this for you? i wonder if its your location or what the deal is because its blazing fast for me, i look at the stats there are 20+ downloads for this mirror today alone it has to be working better for others?

Comment

Originally posted by T-NiTro[MK] View Post
      The Map looks amazing and is very fun. It has epic gameplay and is insane to try to cap because of the pace. Textures are awesome it is the best arena map I have ever played. Gussie is right The background is AMAZING the buildings and and the moon are awesome.
      Dude you pulled more flags on this map than anyone else in history! good thing someone is always there for your pickup and the last second save. Usually when i start the monster kills is when i hear the cap sound especially vs. inhuman AI, they need pinned down or forget it.

Glad you like it T. = Look forward to some gaming with you soon. 0 i've noticed your frag count is much higher and your not just focusing on running the flag like a mad fiend but also doing as much killing along the way there and back as possible, your learning to freelance and play where your most needed and be a highly effective UT3 killing machine, your accuracy, moves, and now finally instincts are becoming lethal young Skywalker. Keep up the good work!

P.S. I got the rough BSP done for CTF-Maelstrom.

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
        just tryed ur last baby and congratz ; thats the simplest layout i ve seen so far and believe me simplest here doesnt mean not fun....u just have proove that simple things are often the more fun !
        i like your epured, colored & very unique style ; it s so refreshing to play on such an arena in the actual jungle of surdetailed maps...this one is really 100% gaming action to me

the background (towers & moon) is "marvel'ish"

the pillar in the center of the map is usefull; kick **** action in "allweapon" mode and pure stress in instagib....haha i was liquid at the end of the match

5/5 here....simple....efficient, thx for ur work bro
        Nice! Glad to hear you like this one bro .. and yes its true that sometimes simple is good, i tend to agree that we need refreshing play environments, as they say "variety is the spice of life"

Glad you like the city-scape sky, i could have just used a skysphere and left it at that, but with my logic i figured this map with its elegant simplicity needed something additional. - This same mentality is also why i put so much into the AI development on this map, believe me i tried dozens of different configurations, the bots either camped, excessive flag defense, calisthenics, jumpiness, not taking the enemy flag enough, etc. It's all been ironed out on this one.

Hey you want to talk about a rush, play it against inhuman bots 2 vs 2 one on your team, (try it on instagib with that AI setting) as i said in a former post it gets even crazier when you ad more human players vs AI. - You need the center column and lots of fast dodging and running backwards, one neat thing about the AI in UT3 is the bots (while they have their faults) they do respond like people and are less accurate if they're being fire at, they also turn on aim-bot at a flag runner just like people do (i can make the flag shot kill better because i try my hardest)

Thx for the great feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
          Well bro,

I'm not aware of the UT99 version of this map nor the Football one but...

I must say that before playing, when I read the map description in your thread, it sound very interesting.

After, when I & look at the "layout" ingame, well... TBH, I didn't thought I would have fun playing in a square box with nothing else than few stock building around me to look at (if I get the time to do so lol).

Dude, you very surprise me !

I'm more a visual player than an arena / hardcore player (not hard to guest when you see my list of top picks) and while this map as nothing visually complex or super detailed it as everything it need to make it look nice & the gameplay is simply mad !!!

Also, your sounds are truly awesome. It fit's perfectly !

Visually speaking, some things could had been made to make it look even nicer but anyway. I'm the 1% of those who think that it can always be better & are willing to take there time to push it further. It's cool at it is & 99% of gamers will be please with this current state which is nice. If your interested to publish another version, let me know, I can give you some suggestions.

Brief, it's a awesome map mate & I like it that much to add it to my top picks ! THX for your work bro
          Thanks Stevelois! - one thing i've come to expect and appreciate about you is that you say how you feel, - a respect worthy characteristic.

Hey, one of these days for grins and kicks i'll post screens of the original. hahaha. (you'll get a good kick out of it) OK any way glad to hear your pleasantly surprised! - One thing as i said before is that i have to draw the line somewhere, i'm actually quite picky like you (i'm picky to a fault) its therapy for me not to try to do everything perfect sometimes, plus the time thing, we only have so much of it.

I would definitely release an update at some point, only after releasing CTF-RainBase though, i've put that map off for a good while. (you know me, as long as i am able i intend to fully support my maps, changes, enhancements, bug fixes etc.) We'll talk more about that later.

Visually there were a few minor things i wasn't satisfied with, this map is leaps and bounds past its predecessor though so i figure i have to draw the line somewhere. I put a great deal of effort into the AI for the playability aspect, believe me on a map setting like this subtle spawn placement modification and direction changes make substantial results, weapon placement also play an important secondary role, but its the spawn location, direction & pathing that determine more than anything how the AI will behave.

P.S. hey those may be may be stock buildings but... their very: well placed, inverted/combined together, sized, & custom textured stock buildings at least.

Thanks for the great input.

Comment

Yeah bro, someday, when you'll be ready for an updated version, I'll help for sure if I can.

Don't worry, I notice you light the building well & you use there placement also well. I already look at them a long time ago & I know they are a couple of them you can use several time since there faces aren't all the same depending on the building so it give you some loose when you duplicate them & light them a certain way I said that because it's stock assets instead of custom buildings or BSP made buildings.

Agreed, the AI need lot's of playtesting & tweaking. So I know it can be something not to easy to setup, particularly in this kind of setup. The bots do the job very well in my matches so it confirm you made a great job mate

Looking forward your next baby now bro

Comment

Fun map 1XTreme. Love the look and sounds and more importantly love the crazy chaotic gameplay. Good work glad you released it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
                Has that Mediafire always been slow like this for you?
                Sorry, yes !
                Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
                i wonder if its your location or what the deal is because its blazing fast for me, i look at the stats there are 20+ downloads for this mirror today alone it has to be working better for others?
                I don't know, if it has to do with my location or my provider. Filefront is often also slow as hell. Don't worry

Comment

Originally posted by TONY[-TOC-] View Post
                  Fun map 1XTreme. Love the look and sounds and more importantly love the crazy chaotic gameplay. Good work glad you released it.
                  Glad you like it Tony! Thx for downloading & thx for taking time to comment.

Comment

Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
                    Sorry, yes !
                    I don't know, if it has to do with my location or my provider. Filefront is often also slow as hell. Don't worry
                    Hmmm..... well at least with Mediafire they won't delete content.

OK well thx for letting us know its filefront as well, i intend to avoid them any way for obvious reasons.

Comment

AMAZING!! I remember ANDA from UT99 =) I had countless fun on it, one of the most played iCTF maps. I will sure download your fantastic remake as soon as it's available for PS3.

OT. What am i'm reading in your sig.?? EternalCave??? *drool* My favorit UT99 CTF map. I can't wait for your version.

Thank you for your support to the UT3 community with your great maps.

Comment

http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1501

Added to site.

Objections if i add to a mappack in the future?

Comment

Mirror published on Strategy Informer - http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/u...map/34057.html

Comment

I remember going into server in UT99 and playing this map on instagib. You want to talk about fun 10 sometimes 12 people servers full. Man now that was some actions. Helluva of map to try and cap on.

ETA
                            Maelstrom, is another map that will be a treat full of hard battles. To bad the 2004 version of this map was so crappy. Nothing like the original in UT99. I look forward to the finished 1XTreme Maelstrom version.

Comment

yeah

nice job on the map man Monster Kill Monster KIll MONSTER KILL. yeah thats about all you hear from intims computer.. nicely done excellent job.

Comment

Thanks again Skillz.

Originally posted by zunnie View Post
                                http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1501

Added to site.

Objections if i add to a mappack in the future?
                                Thanks for the mirror zunnie; no objections here only a suggestion for a "classic / remake" mappack.

Comment

Working...
                                X