Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-AndAction!_2K9 - [Pics] [PC/PS3] [FINAL]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-AndAction!_2K9 - [Pics] [PC/PS3] [FINAL]

NAME: CTF-AndAction!_2K9

VERSION: 1.0

COMPATIBILITY: UT3 2.1 [possibly vanilla]

DESCRIPTION:
    SUMMARY:

Intense! fast action close quarters arena style capture the flag is back! & better than ever.. located in the heart of futuristic; "Action! City" now complete with fully functioning AI support, a working remixed soundtrack including stingers sound cues, custom textures, and more. Don't Blink.
    DETAILS:

Arena style Capture The Flag at it's most brutal, taking place in ActionCity! One of Unreal's technology centers of the not so distant future. Remade and enhanced for UT3 this small fast pace action map has a fitting name, in the first installment (UT99) despite the fact that it had no sound track, crippled AI, and poor lighting the map was a huge success, virtually every popular US (East. West. & Central) server running generic custom CTF maps included CTF-AndAction in their map rotation.
    AUTHORS NOTES:
    • Includes more of my >trademark< Custom textures.
    • Includes Custom Music Track: Superfist (remixed by Sneh)
    • Meticulous unique custom lighting (264 lights total)
    • Unique Stinger set (sound cues)
    • Detailed virtual city setting
    • Highly optimized & extensively tested AI set with circular flow spawns (pseudo reverse positioning) and reverse defense points to keep things flowing (note this map is not reversed) instead a compromise and is neither reversed nor classic play style, it is a unique one of a kind, many hours and play sessions went into testing different variations with the AI to reduce the issues with bot jumpiness and camping. ((Works incredibly well with Instagib))
    • Despite the simplicity of this release, development and detail have not been overlooked.
    • Small download 10.4 MB (ideal for limited bandwidth / slow connections)
    COMMENTS: I wasn't sure if i would officially release this map, after encouragement from my LAN match team mates i decided i would, also some of you have seen the line "fine tuning for release" in my sig for months, the main hitch holding me up was actually obtaining permission to use Sneh's music, - ((your in for a treat if you like superfist)) i was finally able to hook up with Sneh (no easy task considering he is not responding to PM's or email from this site, he is very busy with his personal life, but doing good, we'll look forward to his continued work when he has more time ) and obtain his permission. - Back to the map, nothing exceptionally fancy, but not too shabby either, this is intim's favorite map, he always frag about 400 frags on this one in 5 minute on insta.

SCREENSHOTS:

CREDITS:
    • Epic! for this awesome technology.
    • All of my testers; T-NiTro, iGniTe, Intimidator, GunrGurl, & Gussy.
    • Sneh! kickass SuperFist remix.
    • Intimidator (encourage us to test this map for dozens of hours)
    • My family for their patience
    • The UOF crew: Bl!tz~, Stevelois, Odedge, Sebastien-Nova, Lord Porksword, Zerglings, Diesalot & Anyone else I missed.
    • My friend HO0815XX
    • Poppersia PS/3 cook, testing, & troubleshoot
    • Me

PC - DOWNLOAD:
    • MEDIAFIRE - DOWNLOAD

PS/3 - DOWNLOAD:

Mirror:

http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...ion%21_2K9.rar

Comment

Looks superb
      very polished and plays great

when you want the PS3 version cooking let me know

Comment

@Skillz: Your mirror works great ! Full dl-speed

Comment

Originally posted by poppersia View Post
          Looks superb
          very polished and plays great

when you want the PS3 version cooking let me know
          Excellent! sounds good, i want you to look at this;

UT3 Mods Get Custom Sound Support

And take the time to learn it, it wouldn't do justice to omit the sound track on this map.... we can as a last resort but i'd like you to take the time to try to learn to use the new PS/3 custom sound support if its not too much trouble bro.

P.S. glad to hear the map plays great, thanks for the input.

Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
          @Skillz: Your mirror works great ! Full dl-speed
          Is the mediafire mirror slow again? - good thing its a small file any way.

Comment

I would have to say your summary and details cover this map well. It is fast action but so much fun, A true test of skill . The background city looks AWESOME (real 3D instead of just a straight line of generic buildings) The arena is very nice. I like your custom textures they look clean, there is a very nice balance of trim and eye candy without going over the top.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK Thank You

Comment

wow....another kick **** one!
              thx for your work

Comment

Look like another map to to have great fun with

Now, I'll add it to the list. THX for your work mate

Comment

Great one I'll download this one for sure.

Comment

I've tested your map..... it's another >original 1XTreme<
                    I like the clean mapstructure. It's optimally for 1on1 matches !
                    Good work !

Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
                    Is the mediafire mirror slow again? - good thing its a small file any way.
                    Yes, runs mostly for me in dialup-modem speed.

Greetz !

Comment

The Map looks amazing and is very fun. It has epic gameplay and is insane to try to cap because of the pace. Textures are awesome it is the best arena map I have ever played. Gussie is right The background is AMAZING the buildings and and the moon are awesome.

Comment

just tryed ur last baby and congratz ; thats the simplest layout i ve seen so far and believe me simplest here doesnt mean not fun....u just have proove that simple things are often the more fun !
                        i like your epured, colored & very unique style ; it s so refreshing to play on such an arena in the actual jungle of surdetailed maps...this one is really 100% gaming action to me

the background (towers & moon) is "marvel'ish"

the pillar in the center of the map is usefull; kick **** action in "allweapon" mode and pure stress in instagib....haha i was liquid at the end of the match

5/5 here....simple....efficient, thx for ur work bro

Comment

Well bro,

I'm not aware of the UT99 version of this map nor the Football one but...

I must say that before playing, when I read the map description in your thread, it sound very interesting.

After, when I & look at the "layout" ingame, well... TBH, I didn't thought I would have fun playing in a square box with nothing else than few stock building around me to look at (if I get the time to do so lol).

Dude, you very surprise me !

I'm more a visual player than an arena / hardcore player (not hard to guest when you see my list of top picks) and while this map as nothing visually complex or super detailed it as everything it need to make it look nice & the gameplay is simply mad !!!

Also, your sounds are truly awesome. It fit's perfectly !

Visually speaking, some things could had been made to make it look even nicer but anyway. I'm the 1% of those who think that it can always be better & are willing to take there time to push it further. It's cool at it is & 99% of gamers will be please with this current state which is nice. If your interested to publish another version, let me know, I can give you some suggestions.

Brief, it's a awesome map mate & I like it that much to add it to my top picks ! THX for your work bro

Comment

Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
                            I would have to say your summary and details cover this map well. It is fast action but so much fun, A true test of skill . The background city looks AWESOME (real 3D instead of just a straight line of generic buildings) The arena is very nice. I like your custom textures they look clean, there is a very nice balance of trim and eye candy without going over the top.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK Thank You
                            Very well said!

I'm glad you like the intense action! - Yes we know 5 vs. 5 humans against bots set to inhuman on instagib R-US. I'm glad you like the texture work, subtle trim and the detailed City skyline, maybe fair to say - on one hand; while this map isn't intended to be over the top, its definitely not a sloppy slam job or by someone who hasn't had many hours of experience on the editor.

Your most welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
                              wow....another kick **** one!
                              thx for your work
                              Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                              Look like another map to to have great fun with

Now, I'll add it to the list. THX for your work mate
                              Originally posted by Zerglings View Post
                              Great one I'll download this one for sure.
                              Thx mates! - you UOF dudes area a good bunch!

Comment

Working...
                              X