Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MapMixer 3.01 [FINAL] [Pics]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    My Docs > My Games > Unreal Tournament 3 > UTGame > Logs > Launch.txt
    ..........................


    the error:
    Code:
    Log: Failed to parse modifier data store reference - Source '<CurrentGame:ServerName>' DataStoreTag 'CurrentGame' DataStoreValue 'ServerName'
    seems to precede any time the awards get disabled, but is not present when they're allowed...

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
      My Docs > My Games > Unreal Tournament 3 > UTGame > Logs > Launch.txt
      ..........................


      the error:
      Code:
      Log: Failed to parse modifier data store reference - Source '<CurrentGame:ServerName>' DataStoreTag 'CurrentGame' DataStoreValue 'ServerName'
      seems to precede any time the awards get disabled, but is not present when they're allowed...
      Thanks for that. I'll have a look when I get some time. It could be a trigger.

      I've been working casually on a couple of fixes for mm 3.0 (will release 3.01) and I'll spend some time looking at this one.

      Edit: Yeah, looks like it does trigger the Cheat Detection after the first map. That's a real bummer but I'll see if there is anything that can be done, though it may be totally out of my hands.

      Comment


        #48
        In the default UT3 interface my map preview pic shows up fine, but not in mapmixer, wtf?

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by »TheHitMan« View Post
          In the default UT3 interface my map preview pic shows up fine, but not in mapmixer, wtf?
          Most often this occurs because map authors are using a Material as their Preview Image. MapMixer only supports Textures. Materials are often use to create 'slideshows'.

          If that isn't the case then you need to:

          1. Check your Log file and you'll see a warning message for the failed texture load.
          2. Check the reference is correct for you map in UTMapMixer_MapDatabase.ini. You shouldn't edit this by hand - but it's just a point to check.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by sinx View Post
            Most often this occurs because map authors are using a Material as their Preview Image. MapMixer only supports Textures. Materials are often use to create 'slideshows'.
            Yes, I do that too in my maps. Is it possible to implement this in mapmixer ?

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by sinx View Post
              Most often this occurs because map authors are using a Material as their Preview Image. MapMixer only supports Textures. Materials are often use to create 'slideshows'.
              Any plans of fixing it? Some maps, like the MSUC Phase 2 (I think) "Best Graphics in Map" winner "Araja ][" deserve it.

              Comment


                #52
                I'm using a texture for the preview. Like I said it shows up fine in the default UT3 menu, but not mapmixer. I'm not doing anything different than the maps which previews do show up.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Speechless. Installing. Going to play UT3 until I throw up.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by Fuzz2k7 View Post
                    Speechless. Installing. Going to play UT3 until I throw up.
                    Dude that's hazardous to your health!

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Funny, I always feel better after throwing up a good meal.

                      This was great thou. So many options. Best part is being able to save all kinds of configurations.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by Whom massacre you View Post
                        Any plans of fixing it? Some maps, like the MSUC Phase 2 (I think) "Best Graphics in Map" winner "Araja ][" deserve it.
                        MapMixer is internally designed to cache and draw Texture2D classes. I originally made this decision due to 2 things. [A] All Epic maps used Textures; and [B] I had some issues drawing a Material to the Canvas (which I have now worked out).

                        To support Materials would require some re-working of some internals of mapmixer, such as my image cache class, which means a little bit of work :C. I've just spent 120 hours playing Dragon Age and along with Mass Effect 2 coming out, and my list of other games, I don't have a lot of free time lately. Though I do currently have a MapMixer 3.01b, which contains a couple of fixes.

                        Originally posted by »TheHitMan« View Post
                        I'm using a texture for the preview. Like I said it shows up fine in the default UT3 menu, but not mapmixer. I'm not doing anything different than the maps which previews do show up.
                        I know this is becoming very clichéd and I really need to think up something more original but 'Check your log file'. :P

                        Originally posted by Fuzz2k7 View Post
                        Funny, I always feel better after throwing up a good meal.
                        I just love random.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          I did check the log file, I did not recieve any errors of any kind after loading the map, so I dont know what to tell ya.

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by »TheHitMan« View Post
                            I did check the log file, I did not recieve any errors of any kind after loading the map, so I dont know what to tell ya.
                            Did you go through a process of changing the name or location of the preview image at any point? If so, MapMixer's own cache of map info (ie UTMapMixer_MapDatabase.ini) will need to be refreshed. Do the following:

                            1. Select the map in either the maps tab of the Quick Session Menu or the Available Maps list (right) in the Map List editor in the Advanced Session Menu.
                            2. Press F5.
                            3. Select 'Basic' from the Dialog that then appears.
                            4. You may need to close and re-open the current menu to see the change.

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Okay well deleting the mapmixer map database ini helped. Shows up now.

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by »TheHitMan« View Post
                                Okay well deleting the mapmixer map database ini helped. Shows up now.
                                You didn't have to delete the whole file - just follow my instructions above.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X