No announcement yet.

MapMixer 3.01 [FINAL] [Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to say you did a very good job allowing us to edit bots accuracy and other stats.
    UT3 became my no1 off-line shooter

However, i have one bug to report. When i set the duel match and add my Reaper bot with custom stats, sometimes the demoman appears instead of reaper.
    I have tried with different bots, and same problem reapears.

This is not a major issue for me, since i usually only play duel, but it is tricky for people that like to make maplist with custom bots.
    Any chance for a fix?

Comment

Originally posted by Designer0101 View Post
      I wanted to say you did a very good job allowing us to edit bots accuracy and other stats.
      UT3 became my no1 off-line shooter

However, i have one bug to report. When i set the duel match and add my Reaper bot with custom stats, sometimes the demoman appears instead of reaper.
      I have tried with different bots, and same problem reapears.

This is not a major issue for me, since i usually only play duel, but it is tricky for people that like to make maplist with custom bots.
      Any chance for a fix?
      Thanks. I'm glad people are still using and enjoying MapMixer - and UT3 for that matter.

Regarding your problem. Have you enabled Settings->Player-"Always Load Custom Characters" ?

Comment

As a matter of fact, i haven't. I will enable it and report how things came along.

I have a suggestion for a mapmixer feature:
        Is it possible to make your statistics displayed at the end of every match?(like accuracy percentage, most weapon used etc,)
        It would be a really nice feature, so you can see in which aspects of game you are making errors the most thus improving it for online battles.

Comment

Originally posted by Designer0101 View Post
          As a matter of fact, i haven't. I will enable it and report how things came along.
          Most likely the that would be it. I've been asked the same question a zillion times

I have a suggestion for a mapmixer feature:
          Is it possible to make your statistics displayed at the end of every match?(like accuracy percentage, most weapon used etc,)
          It would be a really nice feature, so you can see in which aspects of game you are making errors the most thus improving it for online battles.
          This was a feature that I had planned. Unfortunately, I haven't touched MapMixer in just over a year. I just don't have the time for it now unfortunately.

Comment

Yup, that was it. Sorry if you are being asked same question, i couldn't find a documentation about your mod(website is down, as well as moddb profile)

It is great as it is.I am pretty sure there is a mutator that adds this feature.
            Fiddling the bot slider, i managed to make a solid one.
            However i noticed that link gun second firing mode is not affected that much with editing accuracy.(the stinger gun problem is solved), It actually waves for some time around you, and then it locks on again on you.
            Like it is hardcoded.

Comment

Hey sinx - long time no see! Been out of UT3 for a couple of years or more now myself. Don't think I've had a chance to try MM Final before so can't wait to try it once I get UT3 working again. When something broke on my old version of MM it was enough to put me off playing the game altogether (how can anyone put up with the default interface once they have known MM?). Anyway, great to see you got it finished.
              Hope you're keeping well,
              TW

Comment

Originally posted by TimbreWolf View Post
                Hey sinx - long time no see! Been out of UT3 for a couple of years or more now myself. Don't think I've had a chance to try MM Final before so can't wait to try it once I get UT3 working again. When something broke on my old version of MM it was enough to put me off playing the game altogether (how can anyone put up with the default interface once they have known MM?). Anyway, great to see you got it finished.
                Hope you're keeping well,
                TW
                Hey TimbreWolf. Yeah, I've been away from UT3 and mapmixer for some time now. I load it up ever now and again to remind myself. Huge amount of work it was and I hardly touch it now - life's funny like that. I had such big plans to extend it further as well.

I'm doing well thanks - busy with work etc. Agree that the stock interface never did it for me but still have a huge respect for the game, even after all this time.

Reminds me I actually have a minor version of mm for ut3 kicking around with an important bug fix. Seems I never got around to releasing it. I suppose I should someday.

Comment

Absolute great modification.
                  And indeed a much better interface.
                  @sinx, many thanks for this and i hope you do release that update someday

Comment

You have to love MapMixer, it definitely turns UT3 into a better experience.

However, the level screenshots of some (very awesome) custom maps are not shown, this includes DM-Cipe, DM-Edge, DM-Eluded, DM-Glaciel and DM-Gardenia as some examples. I've checked MapMixer's MapDatabase.ini and compared the level shot links to the ones in the maps' ini-files, but they were correct. Somewhen earlier in this thread it was stated that only textures and not materials are supported by MapMixer, but is there no way to fix this?

Comment

Installed yesterday. Awesome improvement to the game!! No bugs found after toying with it for 8 hours.
                      I love it!

Tnx a bunch.

Comment

In my honest opinion, this mod saved UT3. Thank you so much for this mod!

Comment

Epic, if you guys are working on or are ever going to work on a new UT, would you just hire Sinx to please??

Comment

How can you make this mod work? I installed it but nothing happened :c.

Comment

There shoud be a readme file. MapMixer comes with a map file. This has to be set as LocalMap atleast.

UTEngine.ini
                              Code:
                              [URL]
                              LocalMap=UTFrontEnd_MapMixer.ut3

Comment

You need to change the original menu map by the map mixer one, it's done by modifying a line in one of the .ini
                                It's something like utfrontend.ut3 that needs to be replaced by mapmixerfrontend.ut3
                                I don't remember from the top of my head exactly what it was and where it was but I'm 100% confident it's stated somewhere in the readme or on in one of the moddb pages.

Edit : Beat me to it, and with the exact thing on top of that

Comment

Working...
                                X