No announcement yet.

MapMixer 3.01 [FINAL] [Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get it now. i should use the [UTGame_UTDeathmatch MapMixer_DataGroup_GameType] in the tUTMapMixer.ini to enter the gametype or gamemode right?

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal4Eva View Post
      I get it now. i should use the [UTGame_UTDeathmatch MapMixer_DataGroup_GameType] in the tUTMapMixer.ini to enter the gametype or gamemode right?
      Well you could use that as a base, though you'd want to check all the supported URL game rules for the gametype and add them appropriately.

A major problem with some custom gametypes that the community have made is that authors don't often include the more basic fundamental game rules as URL parameters, which is fundamentally a bad choice from the perspective of the paradigm of UT. These URL options would normally and should be analysed in the InitGame() function of that game class. What often happens instead is that authors hide-away these more important game rules internally and don't expose them as URL parameters. So if you're in luck, then the author of your gametype has correctly exposed the more important core game rules as URL parameters and you can easily add them to the [x_x MapMixer_DataGroup_GameType] section, as indicated above.

Comment

I know this is very old but, is this still working?

The files for MODDB don't work at all, sorry but I want this mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Strogglet15 View Post
          I know this is very old but, is this still working?

The files for MODDB don't work at all, sorry but I want this mod.
          The files from MODDB are the official distribution. What are you having trouble with?

Comment

sinx, just curious if you might be interested in helping out with the GUI/menus for an upcoming multiplayer old school arena FPS made with UDK? We have a few talented individuals from the UT community working on the project, you would be a welcome addition:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=765880

Comment

Sinx, do you have the documentation on how to add and manage Mapmixer on a UT3 server available? I have a private, rented UT3 server I would like to try Mapmixer on.

I saw in a previous post that you could configure the Mapmixer files on a local pc then upload them to the server and add the mutator to the server command line. Could Mapmixer for the server, ie: Bots, Bot teams, maps, etc. just be configured in Mapmixer on a local machine. Then, the Mapmixer files from the local machine be moved over to the server, work? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again for Mapmixer!

Comment

I've attached the page from the old mapmixer site that briefly described the configuration of a dedicated server using mapmixer. Rename the file to .html and you'll be able to view it in a web browser - though I used php to glue together the files from the original site, so it's somewhat broken in this form.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much for the document Sinx.

The file looks fine in Firefox.

Comment

Every now and again I feel the need to remind the community that THIS IS THE SINGLE BEST UT3 MOD OUT THERE BAR NONE! Its worth the download alone simply to change maps & gametypes in-game without havint to exit to the main menu.

So, for those that dont have it for whatever reason, download!!

Comment

Originally posted by [FnG]Bawsy View Post
                      Every now and again I feel the need to remind the community that THIS IS THE SINGLE BEST UT3 MOD OUT THERE BAR NONE! Its worth the download alone simply to change maps & gametypes in-game without havint to exit to the main menu.

So, for those that dont have it for whatever reason, download!!

Map Mixer and Custom Maps go hand in hand. One without the other just wouldn't be the same. This is a must for any "off-line" user.

Comment

Since this thread has been bumped up again, I had an issue with map mixer crashing when trying to load a map. It made the game unplayable with map mixer installed. I actually posted the log on page 12 of this thread back in July, but I think it just got overlooked. I really miss using this mod but I can't figure out what is wrong, so I just uninstalled it. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on what the problem could be. I have tried reinstalling but just can't seem to make it work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by toebee3 View Post
                          Since this thread has been bumped up again, I had an issue with map mixer crashing when trying to load a map. It made the game unplayable with map mixer installed. I actually posted the log on page 12 of this thread back in July, but I think it just got overlooked. I really miss using this mod but I can't figure out what is wrong, so I just uninstalled it. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on what the problem could be. I have tried reinstalling but just can't seem to make it work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
                          I don't know a lot about mapmixer but I have run into this with certain maps. Unfortunately it's usually not mapmixer but the map itself. You may have to forgo the individual map in order to keep using mapmixer. That's what I do in a heartbeat because the mod is absolutely great dispite a few issues I just can't work out.

Comment

Thanks for the reply xfuture. I thought it might be a map also, but I tried installing it with just the base maps that came with the game and still had no luck. I tried using an unaltered ini file and that didn't work either. I probably made a change somewhere else and forgot about it and that is what is causing the problem. Someday I'll reinstall the actual game but I'll wait till I absolutely have to. Thanks again for the reply.

Comment

Hello, I just installed mapmixer and it is a great tool for playing with my brother. We could play one teamdeathmatch "deck" map with no mutator and when it finished we automatically pass to the next map that was warfare "avalanche" map with gearscam mutator and custom vehicles (other mutator its name i dont remember). But when my brother vote to play again the deck map it doesn't work and we play the avalanche map. so my question is how can I configure the vote system? I could "clone" maps to play twice deck, but it could be better if i could do it with any map during playing because the **** bots sometimes get rude and that's the time when we want "la revancha" (play again the map) but voting apparently doesn't work. Finally I want to thanks the creator of this mod because it is very helpful. For example i downloaded the Liandribots III custom faction and other custom factions that have the stats altered (for example all liandribots III have agressivness +60%, accuracy +50%, etc) but with this mod (mapmixer) i could reset to 0 or whatever value i choose. Other example is that I dont need to disconnect from teamdeathmatch to play warfare maps; but my favorite tool is to play warfare against Liandri Bots III faction because before map mixer i just could choose between the default factions (no custom factions) or random. So thanks to the creator of this mod. (Btw, sorry for my english, I'm from Peru)

Comment

I am trying to run Mapmixer on a Dedicated private server. Mapmixer appears to be installed and working, ie the server browser shows the correct server name and map, however when I try to connect to the server, in-game, I never get the game login prompt. Just goes to a message that states I need a password to connect to the server and back to the main menu.

Without Mapmixer, I get the enter password window for the server when trying to connect to the server.

Is there a line I need to add/edit/remove from an ini file that could remedy this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X