MapMixer 3.01 [FINAL] [Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dragontear View Post
    Kay... re-installed everything, works so far, except the tiny detail that I haded saved the few hours worth of alterations to the Sun Kralls, that is, having boosted their numbers to 15 with fully revamped info and parts... but saved that info into their model folder, which was deleted. I feel like such a moron.
    In order to find out where something is going wrong, you need to minimise overall complexity and start with small steps.

For example:
    1. Open UT3
    2. Open an Existing MM Faction in the Faction editor
    3. Clone a character (I assume this is what you are attempting to do)
    4. Exit UT3 completely
    5. Open UT3 again and check that the cloned character exists in the Faction Editor

If I understand what you are saying correctly, then it appears you are saying that the Cloned Character will not appear in the last step. This indicates very strongly that UT3 is having problems writing to the UTMapMixer_ListsFactions.ini file.

Please be aware that I strongly discourage you from manually editing your UTMapMixer_ListsFactions.ini file (for example in notepad) unless you are experiencing no problems and know exactly what you are doing. I don't know if you are doing this but it's worth a mention.

It's also worth me clarifying that MapMixer determines whether new (downloaded) characters have been installed, deleted etc by quizzing UT3. This information comes directly from UTCustomChar.ini file, specifically via the Characters array. If characters from MM Factions are disappearing then it is because they have been removed from the Characters array in the UTCustomChar.ini file by UT3. If a cloned MM character disappears from a MM Faction it is because its base (source) character has been deleted (again, removed from the Characters array in the UTCustomChar.ini file).

Comment

^^' I've done what you suggested, opening, cloning, closing, not working. Changes to the MapMixer's rules for matches, team settings or map-selection also are not being saved.

For the note-pad files, I've edited them before an no ill effects arose, and I only change what I understand.

MapMixer is the last thing I have added, after the patch, titan pack, community packs, maps, mods (Action cam, Gibilacious, Auto shields and Crucible weapons), and characters, so I don't understand why there would be any removed content... and the last bit, you mentioned UT3 deleting the content, I'm not sure what to do about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragontear View Post
        ^^' I've done what you suggested, opening, cloning, closing, not working. Changes to the MapMixer's rules for matches, team settings or map-selection also are not being saved.
        The saving part is a function of the game engine, so it's a little difficult for me to tell exactly where it's going wrong, other than to check that the ini files are not write-protected.

MapMixer is the last thing I have added, after the patch, titan pack, community packs, maps, mods (Action cam, Gibilacious, Auto shields and Crucible weapons), and characters, so I don't understand why there would be any removed content... and the last bit, you mentioned UT3 deleting the content, I'm not sure what to do about that.
        I only mentioned all that just so you knew that MapMixer isn't directly managing your new and deleted content, and that UT3 is still handing all that - MapMixer simply gets its info directly from UT3. MapMixer keeps it's own list of content such as maps and characters and it simply looks too see if it's list matches UT3s.

Comment

Awesome, lets me set up everything easily.

Missed this from UT2004, cheers for bringing it to UT3 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NulEnvoid View Post
            Awesome, lets me set up everything easily.

Missed this from UT2004, cheers for bringing it to UT3 as well.
            Cool and thanks.

Kinda interesting to see how it has evolved. I feel much happier with the UT3 version in retrospect - though there's always room for improvement. I had some good plans to even extend MM3, alas I never got around to it.

Comment

I'd like to ask: what file does Mapmixer calls or modifies to change the text in the loading screens?

Comment

Originally posted by Stormrider View Post
                I'd like to ask: what file does Mapmixer calls or modifies to change the text in the loading screens?
                As part of a client-side replicated mapmixer class, I simply do as follows:

Code:
                simulated function SetupClassicLoadingScreenOverlay()
                // Only relevant for the first map in a client session
                {

class'Engine'.static.RemoveAllOverlays();
                	class'Engine'.static.AddOverlay(class'UTGameViewportClient'.default.LoadingScreenGameTypeNameFont, sCurrentGameName, 0.1822, 0.435, 1.0, 1.0, false);
                	class'Engine'.static.AddOverlay(class'UTGameViewportClient'.default.LoadingScreenMapNameFont, sMapName, 0.1822, 0.46, 2.0, 2.0, false);
                	class'Engine'.static.AddOverlay(class'UTGameViewportClient'.default.LoadingScreenGameTypeNameFont, sLoc_Hosted, 0.258, 0.519, 1.0, 1.0, false);

}

Comment

Originally posted by sinx View Post
                  Cool and thanks.

Kinda interesting to see how it has evolved. I feel much happier with the UT3 version in retrospect - though there's always room for improvement. I had some good plans to even extend MM3, alas I never got around to it.
                  I was always surprised they never added the functionality of your work (or even better paid you to do it ) into UT3 after what you did with UT2004.

And yeah it has evolved very nicely, it's much friendly and has some really nice options.

Comment

I'm trying to locate this animated logo. May it be part of MapMixer? I'd like to extract it to use it in my UI. Could you please tell me where to find it? Thanx.

Comment

Hi Sinx, I have what I believe is your last update to Mapmixer for UT3 v3.01 and I am having a spot of trouble with running multiple game types in the same session. It doesn't seem to matter if it's an Auto Create Maplist or a Custom Maplist. All of the UT3 built in game types run with no issues and If I add UT3 Bombing run that also fits right in with no issues (Not Kilter BR still need to try that one). However if I try to add Domination or Galtanor's Invasion to the mix of game types the game does not run correctly. I mean it will run but the HUD is missing and there are no cross hairs or radar or domination point indicators. It's very strange. If I run just Galtanor's invasion it runs fine (except for weapons stay I just can't get that to work but can live with it). If I run just UT3 Domination it runs fine. The problem always arises when I try to add even one other game type to the session with either of these. If I run a custom session and make the first gametype either DOM or Galtanor's Invasion it will also work but after I switch game types then try to come back to either of DOM or GALT the second time around there is no HUD, no cross hairs, no radar or domination point symbols.

I was lucky enought to print out all of the documentation from your website before it went away. But I feel I am missing something (or worse, and highly possible) not understanding something. A key element that would snap things into proper working order. My frustration is overwhelming so I decided to run this by you and see if you might have a suggestion.

Bottom line is I would like to be able to run MM on AutoCreate Maplist with as many of the community created game types as I can but I am just not finding the correct combination. I am very willing to act on any input you may have and if more information is required I will do my best to fill in the gaps. Thanks very much and thanks for creating the best darn UT3 mod out there (IMO).

Comment

Yeah this really is an awesome mod, and just working out what all the options do is interesting in itself. But I've got a couple of problems.

- some custom added map cause the game to crash when loading them, it doesn't seem to matter whether the data is obtained from an .ini file, or I add it. Obviously the scanner doesn't work because it just crashes

- in an attempt to fix this I tried to delete the maps, but there's some file in map mixer that keep a record of the maps, so they are still there. But I can't find that file

- so far I can't seem to get Jail Break to operate yet either, there simply isn't an option to select JB maps

if anyone's got any ideas, I would much appreciate it.

Comment

I have Map Mixer 3.01 installed on my UT3 and the only gametype it doesn't detect is "Written Off" by Tupperwarespoon. I tried adding it to the UTMapMixer.ini but it won't work. How can I add that gametype to Map Mixer?

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal4Eva View Post
                            I have Map Mixer 3.01 installed on my UT3 and the only gametype it doesn't detect is "Written Off" by Tupperwarespoon. I tried adding it to the UTMapMixer.ini but it won't work. How can I add that gametype to Map Mixer?
                            I'd say you most likely got the [package_class MapMixer_DataGroup_GameType] section wrong in the UTMapMixer.ini file.

You should see the gametype listed in the [MapMixer.MapMixer_DataStore_GameTypes] section if UT3 detects a new gametype - this is automatic and should not be entered by hand if it's not there.

If I get a chance, I'll take a look. Otherwise it would have been helpful to quote what you had entered in the UTMapMixer.ini file.

Comment

This is what I entered in the UTMapMixer.ini file:

GameTypes=
                              (sGameClass=UTWO.WO
                              ,sGameName=WO",sBaseGameClass=,sAcronym="Written Off",bHidden=False,bMuted=False,eMapSource=mmGTMS_ MapPrefix,sMapPrefixes="WO",sSourceListName=,tTeam s=2,sOptionsURL=,sRulesURL=,sMutatorsURL=,iCapMin= 0,iCapMax=0,sTranslocClass=)

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal4Eva View Post
                                This is what I entered in the UTMapMixer.ini file:

GameTypes=
                                (sGameClass=UTWO.WO
                                ,sGameName=WO",sBaseGameClass=,sAcronym="Written Off",bHidden=False,bMuted=False,eMapSource=mmGTMS_ MapPrefix,sMapPrefixes="WO",sSourceListName=,tTeam s=2,sOptionsURL=,sRulesURL=,sMutatorsURL=,iCapMin= 0,iCapMax=0,sTranslocClass=)
                                If you read what I wrote above you'll see that's not what you should be doing. You should delete that line and let MapMixer generate it for you. That line has some options that can be edited but it is automatically created.

It's the section [xx_xx MapMixer_DataGroup_GameType] section that you need to be creating.

Take a look at [UTGame_UTDeathmatch MapMixer_DataGroup_GameType] for an example. Remember the underscore "_" replaces the dot "." in the package/class name.

Comment

Working...
                                X