No announcement yet.

DM-HOLP-Takk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holp and bsp maps are better they remind of 2004 with the right balance of world and trim if they make more of these in the early ut3 start maybe game could be more popular? thank for the map barballs

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
      PM euchreplayer23, he is a great, if not the best PS3 cooker out there.
      Will give him a shout, thanks

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
      Slacker!
      Yeah yeah!

Originally posted by zunnie View Post
      http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1534
      Added to site, nice map man, any objections if i add to a future mappack?
      Thank you. Glad you like it. And I've no objections at all. Just let me know when you do.

Originally posted by Blade_74 View Post
      Holp and bsp maps are better they remind of 2004 with the right balance of world and trim if they make more of these in the early ut3 start maybe game could be more popular? thank for the map barballs
      I agree. I think there's a nice balance to be found with BSP and mesh work. Just look at Modern Warfare as an example. Glad you like the map

Comment

Barbells I sent you the Link for the PS3. Works good on the PS3. Custom sounds are in there. I wished the sound lopped more. "Lockdown"

Comment

Yeah so do I. It's a shame it doesn't Thank you for that file. I'll go ahead and release the two new versions in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Barballs View Post
            Hey all
            I am working on getting the PS3 version up and running. At the moment I am doing the following:
            • Applying blackUlitMaterial to all not visible surfaces
            • New physicalMaterials on all surfaces for corrected footstep sounds
            • Static mesh prison gate repositioned to elimitae flicker
            • Prison outside area materials re-applied (cell block A)
            • Blocking volumes applied to all BSP stairs for better playability and movement
            • Sniper elevator sound cues replaced with corrected attenuation

Once I get the level tested on PS3 I will release an updated version for the PC also.
            I did some matches & I really like it so far. I was to comments on several stuff but it appear that almost everything will be fixed in this next version

Only things I want to add is :

- If I remember correctly, it's near the rocket launcher weapon base, you can see some odd red light effect ?

[screenshot]http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/2610/screenshot00002mu.jpg[/screenshot]

- In this room, I can ear water falling, but there isn't any visible water leak ? You have a lot of choices if you want to make this room more alive. It would be cool to see that fan rotate (yellow) & also, the materials behind the wall aren't the same (green) which look odd.

[screenshot]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3463/screenshot00001h.jpg[/screenshot]

The next final version is another one of my top pick. Great work mate

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post

- If I remember correctly, it's near the rocket launcher weapon base, you can see some odd red light effect ?
              [screenshot]http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/2610/screenshot00002mu.jpg[/screenshot]
              It's a kind of bug with the BSP lightmaping I often notice on my own maps. If someone know how fix that...

Comment

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
                It's a kind of bug with the BSP lightmaping I often notice on my own maps. If someone know how fix that...
                I get these when I have brushes misaligned slightly. I can usually get these to go away by vertex editing the brush and realigning it. I've also had it caused not by the brush it is found on but from a nearby brush.

Comment

These are color burns! - Yes a common issue that i have been aware of for a good while.

Possible Solution;
                  I've dealt with lots of these, alignment doesn't seem to matter in my particular cases, i've removed them by replacing the brushes, sometimes flipping the brushes on X, Y, or Z depending on shape; then realigning to exactly the same position will repair the issue, only recommended to do this at final just before release and final build because they can and often do return after multiple rebuilds. You can also try to copy polygons to brush before deleting original & flipping. -Sometimes if you have another exact brush you can mirror that one from a different area via polygon to brush.

P.S. Another great map BB.

Comment

Thanks guys. As soon as I push out malevolence I'll have the corrected version of this one ready

Comment

The next release is going straight in my top picks as Malevolence

Comment

another good HOLP map!

Simple, clean textures and atmosphere with good use of shadows (even one from overhead moving fan), don't drop the soap in the shower. Decent gameplay (both flow and connectivity, crazy Udamage location and SkaarjMaster has issues with it as well as the bots. At least one of the lifts doesn't work correctly if you run up against the far edge and/or try to lift jump......you get stuck and this can be no fun; bots aren't too bad though.

Comment

Working...
                        X