DM-HOLP-Takk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
    You have a soundbooth? Cool. I thought it was a cool addition to the map and it's very clear.

p.s. You might want to use the "shot" command for your pics so they aren't so big.

How about making a Greed version with centrally located flags. Actually, I wish that more DM maps were converted to Greed, but ohh well.
    +1.

I've seen a good lot of DM maps that also make good candidates for CTF.

We have a CTF version of DM-Gateways running on our server, crazy fun challenge.

Comment

You know. I have not played a greed match yet. I know! I know! Actually I have not been playing Much UT3 since they "fixed" it.

But it would be something I'd be willing to do for my maps if you guys would like it. Just don't expect it in December. Have a tonne of things on my plate at the moment (yes like Malevolence M^vl)

1Xtreme: I had a thought for making this map a CTF actually. Follow me on this and tell me what you think:
      1. Place flag at Flak Gun position
      2. have central connection at "Death Row"
      3. have connection near Cell block B
      4. have connection near thigh pads and damage amp

Would that work for CTF?

Odege: Lol sorry mate I completely missed your first message there If I had I would have seen the shot mention I would have corrected sooner I'm glad you liked the audio all the same! Will be trying to mess around with the sounds more often in future levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Barballs View Post
        You know. I have not played a greed match yet. I know! I know! Actually I have not been playing Much UT3 since they "fixed" it.

But it would be something I'd be willing to do for my maps if you guys would like it. Just don't expect it in December. Have a tonne of things on my plate at the moment
        I would like it and it wouldn't take much time to convert to a non-CTF Greed map. For what it's worth, check out this little DM to Greed tutorial I wrote. Part of it covers the technical aspect and another part, the philosphical/game play aspect. Diesalot and I converted all of the stock DM maps to Greed and this is what we came up with as a guideline. Plus, I won't expect it in December! Just a bit of info, it shouldn't take more than an hour to convert it, maybe even less. I will test it out when ready, just let me know.

Odege: Lol sorry mate I completely missed your first message there If I had I would have seen the shot mention I would have corrected sooner I'm glad you liked the audio all the same! Will be trying to mess around with the sounds more often in future levels.
        Yeah, the custom sounds talking audio is really cool, especially when the level is just loaded (as there is no weapon fire to interrupt it. I know Sebastien mentioned something about the audio, but to clarify, I think the issue I am having with the lifts (or maybe just one of them), is that when ever you hear the sounds, it's the same volume. It doesn't fade based on your distance away from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
          I know Sebastien mentioned something about the audio, but to clarify, I think the issue I am having with the lifts (or maybe just one of them), is that when ever you hear the sounds, it's the same volume. It doesn't fade based on your distance away from it.
          +1, the lift sound can be hear every where in the map, with the same volume.
          It seems Barballs don't have see my post (http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...4&postcount=15), I have take a look again on the stock sound cue you have use for it, and they are set to "item" on the sound group properties, maybe it's the cause of that trouble too. So I suggest to recreate the sound cue on your map package and set it to "ambient" on the sound group + make the modification of the radius I have suggest on my first post.

If you plan to release a new version, I have just seen a mesh who flickering to correct here :
          [screenshot]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/165/screenshot00271.jpg[/screenshot]

I have make a match on it, cool map with a fun layout, nice lift jump and back lift jump to do, GJ

Comment

Odege: Will bookmark the Greed link.

Sebastian: Yes I saw your first post About the sounds. Sorry I forgot to acknowledge that. When I release the update I'll correctly attenuate the sound. I do want it to be heard far enough away that the enemy can hear and locate the you.

Ah! Someone finally found the mesh that got moved one unit out of place I didn't notice that myself until I got playing a few games on the map. If you look at the other side you will see the tiny gap between the mesh and the other wall.

I will indeed correct that.

Comment

Ah! Someone finally found the mesh that got moved one unit out of place I didn't notice that myself until I got playing a few games on the map. If you look at the other side you will see the tiny gap between the mesh and the other wall.
              lol, I know what a hard time is it to get all stuffs correct on a map, glad to help

edit :
              I have notice you have a lots of surfaces with texture who are never seen by player (on top of the map for example) I suggest to put instead the "blackUnlitMaterial" located on the EngineMaterials package, it can help to a better optimisation (if the map need it, as for me, run very smooth...)

Comment

Version 1.5 in progress

Hey all
                I am working on getting the PS3 version up and running. At the moment I am doing the following:
                • Applying blackUlitMaterial to all not visible surfaces
                • New physicalMaterials on all surfaces for corrected footstep sounds
                • Static mesh prison gate repositioned to elimitae flicker
                • Prison outside area materials re-applied (cell block A)
                • Blocking volumes applied to all BSP stairs for better playability and movement
                • Sniper elevator sound cues replaced with corrected attenuation

Once I get the level tested on PS3 I will release an updated version for the PC also.

Comment

[*]Blocking volumes applied to all BSP stairs for better playability and movement
                  Everything I would suggest to change, you have listed. In case you weren't aware, you can apply physical materials to blocking volumes. Yes, I have an issue with footstep sounds.

Comment

Anyone know any good tutorials for the PS3 Map cooking? I can't get it to cook.

Comment

Anyone know any good tutorials for the PS3 Map cooking? I can't get it to cook.
                      I have always used this tutorial, but there's not much too it for maps. You can also check out the UDN site for more info.

Since you do have custom sounds, you have to get the FrontEnd patch that technically allows you to cook maps with custom sounds. Once you agree to the EULA, it will download the patch. I have never tried cooking a map with custom sounds.

If all else fails, you can ask euchreplayer23 for help. He is the "PS3 cooking master" and has helped me in the past to cook Titan content that was in the map.

Comment

Could you upload this to Strategy Informer Barballs? http://www.strategyinformer.com/mods/

Comment

once it's done I don't mind you guys mirroring it Jamie

Odege: thanks I was unaware of that patch that seems to have fixed things up. as well as steam having to be off while installing the tools. I friend is testing it for me and when I receive his go it will be available for the masses along with PC version Yes with improved footsteps ^^

Comment

Is there anyone here who would be kind enough to help me out with PS3 cooking? I can not seem to make it work right.

OT: wow I can't believe this is only my 100th post!

Comment

Is there anyone here who would be kind enough to help me out with PS3 cooking? I can not seem to make it work right.
                              PM euchreplayer23, he is a great, if not the best PS3 cooker out there.

OT: wow I can't believe this is only my 100th post!
                              Slacker!

Comment

http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1534

Added to site, nice map man, any objections if i add to a future mappack?

Comment

Working...
                                X