Hubble Textures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hubble Textures

I've edited 32 different images from hubblesite.org for use in UT3.
    A couple of my mapping friends here have already used some so you may have seen some of them already.

The HubblePack contains the textures themselves, material instructions for all textures, 'ingame' preview jpg's and an index file to quickly workout what each pic looks like.

If you use any of these textures please credit hubblesite.org in your readme's and myself(to be nice )
    The pack can be downloaded here: UT Files

Here's a sample of some of the images as seen ingame;

Here's a sample of the instructions;

I'm trying to dwn the map since 30 mins & the **** link always end up in timeout so the file is never available. A dwn mirror would be nice

This will be very handy for future space maps. Those pics are really great mate

Great stuff my Lord, THX

Comment

heres a mirror on my site
      http://wickedhq.com/index.php?option...id=2537&cid=46

Comment

Cheers unrealloco!

I'd use FileFront but I constantly get screwed when I upload to their site....

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
          Cheers unrealloco!

I'd use FileFront but I constantly get screwed when I upload to their site....
          same here ; i have randomly results...

awesome adds ; it gives some colors & originality to the stock skys

thx for sharing bro

Comment

Very nice bro, i'm sure these will be put to further good use and you even included the material instructions nice.

Comment

Looks awesome Lord, great job bro

Comment

Nice job on these, they look great!

Comment

Good ta hear ya like them.
                  Here's the index file, which shows all the textures:

Comment

Excellent! Sci fi here I come - The folks across the street at STScI would be proud.

Comment

Was waiting for you to make that index file and now I uploaded the file to my site as well my site as well.

I actually moved the files to a .zip folder, but after comparing them (115 MB for zip vs 86 MB for .rar), I just uploaded the original file (with a slight name change). I guess I will start using .rar from now on, especially for big files!

I have already used some of these in my map I just released and I like the extra variety you added. Nice work.

Comment

Thanx for the mirror and suggestion for an index file M8!

Comment

This is way cool. Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Comment

Mirror:
                            http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...ble%20Pack.rar

Comment

No probs M^vL! Happy to help.
                              I believed that UT3 need more variety against it's starfields and here's my contribution to the community.

When I find some more suitable hubble pics I'll create another pack.

Cheers skillz for the additional mirror!

Comment

Working...
                              X