PhysX explosives V2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superking17 View Post
    Ah yes, that happened to me when I tried to make my own exploding barrels. I don't think I fixed it, but maybe teleporting the hidden barrel mesh to some other part of the map would stop that from happening.
    yea.. i allready tought of that, not shure if its gonna work yet

Comment

Destroying the mesh, then spawning a new one and changing the kismet variables might also work, but that would take a lot of effort as well, and it might not even work if you are trying to get specific on the physics settings. These sort of things would be so much easier if we could spawn prefabs in kismet, but there is no way to do that with the actorfactories

Edit- Btw, is there a way to move/rotate the location that the barrels will spawn? I was thing about putting some mini propane tanks in a shipping container mesh and attaching it to a goliath to make a kickass rocket launcher

Comment

hmm ill just try to teleport them to an custom location very high or low in the map

Comment

Odd, so the barrels spawn invisible meshes...do they clutter the performance?

Anyway i've added some of your wicked barrels into my just finished map i've been working on for some time but never got round to completing, gunna release it for beta testing 2moro night. Is called DM-SpiritedAway and its based on the Miyazaki film of the same name. Put some barrells in tactical places and afew propane tanks just for random fun, but not too many!

Anyway, cool mod, cheers. x

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
            Odd, so the barrels spawn invisible meshes...do they clutter the performance?

Anyway i've added some of your wicked barrels into my just finished map i've been working on for some time but never got round to completing, gunna release it for beta testing 2moro night. Is called DM-SpiritedAway and its based on the Miyazaki film of the same name. Put some barrells in tactical places and afew propane tanks just for random fun, but not too many!

Anyway, cool mod, cheers. x

actually when they exploded they turn invisible, and after a while they teleport to origional location and turn visible again.

and btw i'm looking forward to test you map send a link here or something or a pm when youre done tomorrow night

Comment

5 stars 4sure. So...how do I get these in my map??? From the package, do I have to like link the OBJ to some sort of code in that package???

Comment

read the whole tread
                maybe its answer in there
                or maybe steve now how too do it

Comment

Originally posted by coolcat22 View Post
                  read the whole tread
                  maybe its answer in there
                  or maybe steve now how too do it
                  Thats my N00Byness 4 u right there.
                  :P

Comment

OK, got them working and they are completely awesome. Dinkelstefan you did an incredible job. took a look at those kismet actions and felt woozy. so as i said they are awesome and all, but a quick question. is it possible to link the commands and all (the prefab) to another object? like a TNT crate or something? or at least is there a way to edit the object referenced in the prefab to have another material???

Comment

Working...
                    X