PhysX explosives V2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PhysX explosives V2.1

Well here it is, Nuke barrels and Cluster barrels!

Compatibillity: need 2.1 and titan pack installed

Version: 2.1

WARNING: Read the INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS and the HOW TO USE in the reade first!!! IMPORTANT TO INSTALL 2.1

Readme:

Code:
    Physics Explosives V2.0

Made by DemiGod

changelog V2.1

Changed color of blue barrel
    	attached some of the emmitters to the middle of the barrel
    	added new flames to barrels
    	tweaked some timings
    	added cluster barrel (green)
    	REadded nuke barrel (White)

changelog: V2.0
    	Added other explosives(propane tanks and some new barrels)
    	tweaked some settings
    	added respawning
    	added piece emitters

Install Instructions

if you have V2.0 installed you can simply replace the files with V2.1

make a New folder in \Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\CustomMaps\ for your map,
    	example:

replace (Map Name) with the name of your map

\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\CustomMaps\(Map Name)\(Map Name).ut3
    	\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\CustomMaps\(Map Name)\explosives.upk
    	\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\CustomMaps\(Map Name)\KB_CustomKismetActions.u

that means that your map need to have its own subfolder.

HOW TO USE (IMPORTANT)

if you want to add these yo your map, Open the KB_CustomKismetAction.u in the Actor Classes browser First, and then open the explosives.upk in the generic browser! (probably only need this when you load it the first time)

if you want to place one of the explosives in your map then just select the prefab in the Generic browser.

If you have replaced the files from your map with these, open your map, open the .U file, save your map, exit editor, restart editor, and open your map again, should work then.

REMEBER if you want to copy or modify anything, contact me first and wait for my permission.

However, if you use it you may do it without asking, but i would like to see what people can do with my stuff.

special credits to killbait! for his kismetactions!!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jmmmeznn2g3

Video V2.0: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LEUYWAKAHA
    Video V2.1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFXcwk35nx0

Homepage: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGetBusyCommittee

video and download are live!

Comment

YES!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Building a map full of respawing nuclear death traps

Comment

Sweet, loving the cluster barrels.

Why didn't you explode all the barrels at the end of the 2.1 video? :P

Comment

Originally posted by halogodivix View Post
          YES!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Building a map full of respawing nuclear death traps
          well post a link to your map in this tread when youer done

Comment

héhé that s a good job u did mate; all thoses mooves & explosions are so reallistic !

if the explosive ones remind me a lot flak & eradicator projectiles the "nuclear" ones kick arses with the colored effects

i m interrested to add some of thoses barrels on my current wip depending in what way it impact performances of courses.....and if i m allowed and enough skilled to add them

did u try to shot them with vehicles? could be interressant to have a vehicle video...

thx for yer work dinkelmate ...it look original and pro....5 stars

Comment

Nice, if you make another version, PUT IN MORE BARRELS IN THE TEST MAP!!!

THERE WERE NOT ENOUGH MINI PROPANE TANKS IN THIS VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
                héhé that s a good job u did mate; all thoses mooves & explosions are so reallistic !

if the explosive ones remind me a lot flak & eradicator projectiles the "nuclear" ones kick arses with the colored effects

i m interrested to add some of thoses barrels on my current wip depending in what way it impact performances of courses.....and if i m allowed and enough skilled to add them

did u try to shot them with vehicles? could be interressant to have a vehicle video...

thx for yer work dinkelmate ...it look original and pro....5 stars

sure you can use my barrels mate, and ofcourse you can shoot the barrels with vehicles, only area damage like from rockets may not work, only if the barrel is "physx activated".

and i would really like to see your work when you finished. post a link here or something

Comment

Originally posted by Superking17 View Post
                  Nice, if you make another version, PUT IN MORE BARRELS IN THE TEST MAP!!!

THERE WERE NOT ENOUGH MINI PROPANE TANKS IN THIS VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  well i maybe make a vehicle version with some more stuff. not sure yet...

you can allways make a nice map yourself

Comment

Hey man, liking the barrels and wanted to place some in my map iv almost finished -

however, i followed ur instructions and made that seperate file for my unpublished map and put ur files with it but i couldnt see the option in the actor list to add them, not sure why..?

Comment

@jonny

have you opend the package(.upk file) in the generic browser?

if yes, then goto the generic browser and select the explosives package and then goto the subfolder named barrels , and there you have it

remeber, the .u file needs to be opend first!

Comment

Ahhh thankyou stefan for explaining it

Maby you should put a step by step "go to file, open package, etc" in the readme for fools like me haha. Iv not used the editor in a while so - Am finally finishing a map and gunna test it with a couple of your barrels in for fun. Btw are they expensive to render with all that kismet info or does it not rly have an impact on performance (provided you only have afew)

Cheers again

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post

Maby you should put a step by step "go to file, open package, etc" in the readme for fools like me haha. Iv not used the editor in a while so - Am finally finishing a map and gunna test it with a couple of your barrels in for fun. Btw are they expensive to render with all that kismet info or does it not rly have an impact on performance (provided you only have afew)

Cheers again
                          well, there is such kind of explenation in the readme.
                          the barrels arent hard on fps if you have a few, only when alot are physx activated it causes frame lagg

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post

Cheers again
                            i found a bug with vehicles, so maybe it wont be smart yet to use them, vehicles collide with invisible collisions of destroyed barrels. maybe i can find a solution for it.

Comment

Ah yes, that happened to me when I tried to make my own exploding barrels. I don't think I fixed it, but maybe teleporting the hidden barrel mesh to some other part of the map would stop that from happening.

Comment

Working...
                              X