Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

WAR-IslandHopSE (with and without Orbs)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-IslandHopSE (with and without Orbs)

Name:IslandHopSE

Version:1.1

Compatibility:PC and PS3

Changes for SE:I have altered the Node setup so now you only need to download this one map. Palm tree material has now been fixed. Teleporters at each powernode.

Description:Large map based on the original from Epic.

Comments:I made changes from the original. The center island is now a stand alone node with two Cicadas and node teleporters.
    There are two versions for download. One version has no Orbs and the other has an Orb at each base and one at the stand alone node.
    I have

Credits:Ben Beckwith for the original map.

PC. http://www.filefront.com/14820585/WAR-IslandHopSE.zip/

PS3. http://www.filefront.com/14820599/WA...HopSE-PS3.zip/

Is there any difference between the none-Orbs version linked here and the last one you posted (last I saw there was an initial post then and updated one with a new version, that's the one I currently have).

Comment

Yes. This version has the Avril at the Powernodes and the stand alone node now has node teleporter.

Comment

Alrighty, thanks.

Comment

Could'nt you just use the no-orb mutator?

Comment

I didnt know there was one...LOL
            I guess so mate.

Comment

LOL its even one of the default ones

(I think)

Comment

Oh well. The thought the counts.

Comment

Gratz on reaching final!
                  My son (and I) will be very eager to play this!

Comment

Nice work finished great one Diesalot thanks I be checking this out tonight.

Comment

It's possible to make an orb and no orb version of a map using different link setups rather the two entirely different versions of the same map. Thus, only one download, and really it's just the standard way to do it.

Place the orb spawns where you want the for the orb version. Set them all to enabled. Then create a No-Orb link setup (or whatever you want to call it). In the deactivated objects list place all orb spawners.

Bam. It's that easy.

Comment

Well damm. I guess i will no next time.
                        This is the first WAR map i made so its a learning curve...LOL.

Comment

Thx for the PS3 cook Diesalot. Map plays great on the PS3 w/ only a few slowdowns when looking out towards the middle island from one of the nodes.

Feedback on the PS3 (orb) version:
                          *Some of the palm trees have incomplete textures at the end of the leaves. You can see bits of brown textures all the way around the top of the trees so I assume this is the part of the tree textures since they move in the wind.
                          *All the vehicles render correctly except for the Hellbender. For some reason that vehicle renders at very low detail.
                          *Frames get very choppy when using the Cicada at tree height and above.
                          *Could use teleporters at each node.
                          *Not sure about the middle node layout since the original map had just the volcano w/ a few powerups. The volcano would had been a neat area for a support node that damages the Core (i.e Floodgate).
                          *Still undecided about the horizon/sky color since the original had more green in the water and a light brown to blue fade for the sky which gave more pop to the map.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback mate, and letting me know the PS3 works ok.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                              It's possible to make an orb and no orb version of a map using different link setups rather the two entirely different versions of the same map. Thus, only one download, and really it's just the standard way to do it.

Place the orb spawns where you want the for the orb version. Set them all to enabled. Then create a No-Orb link setup (or whatever you want to call it). In the deactivated objects list place all orb spawners.

Bam. It's that easy.
                              just use the mutator

Comment

Working...
                              X