• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-LostTemple

Name: DM-LostTemple

Version: Final

Compatibility:Patch v2.0, Titan pack needed

Description:A DM level made for 2-8 players.

Comments:**This level placed second in the IGDA Worldwide Level Design Compeition.**
    http://igda.gamerecruiter.com/
    This was a level designed for school, designed and completed in 3 weeks had to cater my design to fit some of the not so play friendly requirements that teacher wanted me to meet, so sorry for that.The pool in the temple heals you when you are standing in it. This is a open map made to play well as a casual and competitive level. Many things can be pulled off if you use the lifts correctly. Enjoy.

Screenshot:

Credits:Epic Games for UnrealED and all the assets avaible to build this level.

Homepage:no webpage yet.

Download: http://www.fileplanet.com/205591/200.../DM-LostTemple

Hope you enjoy, any and all feedback is welcome

Trauma

Looks good by standed but the bloom effect is high or it's washed out.

Comment

Looks good from the shots but i agree PP is too much. DL and feedback later.

Comment

The screen shots are washed out but the map seems fine to me. Very fun map.

The only thing I noticed after running around a few times is that I'm getting a couple of flashy/flickering meshes. In the screen shot below my crosshair is on it. There is the same mesh on the opposite side that is flickering too.

Edit: I see this is a final, for some reason I thought it was beta. I have also noticed a little flickering along the edge of the center bridge, but both are very minor and only noticeable from a certain angle.

The map is nice. I've been playing it a little more and it has a lot going for it. The map is on the large side, gets good consistent frame rates, looks very good, and the download size is only 25M which is very important.

Thanks.

[shot]http://www.fototime.com/45E1B30AA746FB9/standard.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Oh, and the bots get stuck a lot.

Comment

The map is ok
            But as I stand in no

Comment

Schotti can you tell me what you were doing when that problem happened? I can not duplicate the disappearing of that lift on my own machine. Thanks. Yea there is no bot support because I didn't have time to get it in for the assignment and I am posting the level up here as is just to get comments on the design and flow of the level so I can improve and better my next projects, so sorry for the lack of bot support. And thanks for noticing the flickering meshes, after all the hours we played this in class I can't believe no1 noticed, but now it bugs the **** outta me cause I see it every time I pass by, good eye Taffy.

Comment

there is a lift, but without the platform

Comment

You might have your detail settings on low. I know that affects the color/visibility of platforms/doors sometimes.

trauma:
                  You may want to clean this map up a little if you have time and make a second edition. It's almost perfect

Comment

Just in case you 're interested, here is the other area where I see flickering. You can actually spot a line of light blue flickering just behind the shield belt. I'm next to the sniper btw.

[shot]http://www.fototime.com/83293A8BAED9B04/standard.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy View Post
                      You might have your detail settings on low. I know that affects the color/visibility of platforms/doors sometimes.
                      have standard setting as the game pretends
                      I also see the other platforms

Comment

If world detail is not turned all the way up, try it.

Comment

A map with this name should have some Starcraft units

Comment

I was just notified that this Level placed Second in best DM level for the IGDA WorldWide Level Design Competition.

link:
                            http://igda.gamerecruiter.com/

Comment

Bot support, please. Even minimal

Comment

Working...
                              X