Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM / Greed-Nano - MSUC P4 best graphics in map finalists !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for not "being around" to properly test the beta versions. I'll sure give this final a whirl when my GPU arrives!

And congratulations on the MSU finals!

/me downloads

Comment

MSU Phase 4 winners as been announced !!!

Sadly for me, Nano didn't win anything. Shame, but the fact my beta as been able to be in the 10 finalists is already something great !!! A bit of $$$ would had been welcomed but anyway. CG to all winners which are

# First place: The Haunted: Lost Temple by Michael Hegemann and The Haunted team (Prize: $5,000)
      # Second place: CTF-CBP3-Antediluvian by Daniel Rozanski (Prize: $2,000)
      # Third place: CDOM-CBP3-Saip by Mario Marquardt (Prize: $1,500)
      # Fourth place: DM-After infection by Damian Stempniewski (Prize: $1,000)
      # Fifth place: Angels Fall First: Planetstorm – Space_Ixion by the AFF: Planetstorm team (Prize: $500)

Comment

Sorry you didn't win any $ Steve. Great job on the map though!

Comment

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
          Sorry you didn't win any $ Steve. Great job on the map though!
          Ditto, but when you take all things into consideration, it's a great mapping accomplishment.

Comment

sorry you didn't win anything M8. Maybe next time MSUC comes around if UT4 ever comes out (I kinda doubt it but keep an open mind!)

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
              Ditto, but when you take all things into consideration, it's a great mapping accomplishment.
              +1 to that feeling....and good job steve....was a nice try

Comment

THX for all your support guy's

Comment

This map kicks butt dude! great accomplishment indeed.

Comment

Downloaded, Installed and Uninstalled. This map is very confusing.It really seems overly decorated . I do not understand exactly what style you were going for. In the bottom of the map it seems like a cave carved into the earth, the middle seems like a building and some areas look almost like a spaceship. I am having hard time figuring this out as it seems to also have a combination of every type of style from the game (as far as necris,human and liandri) and to much of it everywhere I look and move. This map seems like a few people worked on it and couldn't agree on where it was heading.

Also, bots have issues and get stuck on jump pads.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
                      Downloaded, Installed and Uninstalled. This map is very confusing. It really seems overly decorated . I do not understand exactly what style you were going for.
                      It's all explained in the story.

In the bottom of the map it seems like a cave carved into the earth, the middle seems like a building and some areas look almost like a spaceship. I am having hard time figuring this out as it seems to also have a combination of every type of style from the game (as far as necris,human and liandri) and to much of it everywhere I look and move.
                      Note that I like only some Necris assets & I use only those I like in the map. Furthermore, 90% of assets are NEC & only a few from LT which are mainly support beams or round platforms (that I don't remember there true name TBH) & the "tubes". Few others are coming from the UN for the rocks ofc. Your explanation reflect the story... It also depend on how much you like decos. I do love detailed maps but anyway, those a personal preference.

This map seems like a few people worked on it and couldn't agree on where it was heading.
                      Like all my maps, I'm the only author who work on them from scratch to final. This one was very hard to mesh out. It's just recently I have a homepage, if you read the readme, you can access my WIP thread that shows early pics before I publish beta 1 on Epic forums & BU forums. Believe me or not, I'm not a lier dude. Ask others mappers.

Also, bots have issues and get stuck on jump pads.
                      There is only 2 spots that I'm aware that bots can have prob with the jumpads & it's not constant & believe me I spend a lot of time in bot pathing & tweak them the more I possibly can. I also play my maps very often when I make them & I watch a huge amount of bot matchs & there was nothing serious. Anyway, all maps have some issue with the jumpads except if there use in a very specific way.

Sorry to read you don't like it. Perhaps you will like DM-Aly more.

THX for posting.

Comment

==OFF TOPIC==

Hey there mate i see you've gotten far in mapping. i didn't play your maps yet but i'm definitely gonna do it, just have to install good old Ut3 on my pc
                        I'm done making multiplayer maps for ut3, at least for now. I am all in UDK atm. and i'm creating a game from scratch. I'll Post a thread soon, i'll let you know
                        C'ya

Comment

I've made a Greed version so GRD players can enjoy the map in this particular gameplay.

I do like CTF but I'm not a GRD fan. Since friends of mine ask me to do it, well, I thought of letting the community enjoy the map in Greed mode.

Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Thanubis
                            Well, I was a bit excited to see that you made a GRD version, but to be honest, I'm rather disappointed with how it turned out. In my opinion, CTF and GRD are two very different game modes that should be played on very different style maps. I think that DM maps (like Nano) are best suited for GRD while most CTF maps are horrible for it.

I prefer GRD maps to have a single combined return point with "randomized" player starts. Everybody starts in a random location regardless of their team color and works their way toward the return point, which is generally in the center. It makes it a bit less team oriented and a bit more chaotic as well as more fun. A couple prominent examples of this style would be GRD-BeyondUnreality and GRD-GlassboxKillhouse.

I think Nano would be a great GRD map if you just take the original DM version and make a couple of changes. Remove the Invulnerability pickup and stick both return bases up on the Invulnerability platform. Also, replace the Shield Belt with a UDamage pickup. In my opinion that's all that needs to be done to it to make it GRD ready.
                            Well, regarding location of flag bases, TBH, I thought of doing what you mention, placing both flag base in the middle of the map on the main pillar.

Still, I prefer two separate flag bases at opposite ends of the map as I like the thrill of having to get through enemy ranks to bank your skulls. If you get killed then the enemy can grab your skulls and then attempt to get them to the other side of the map hence raising the danger, and thrill during the match. Doing this also increases the chance of having high rollers in the map where they have say 30-40 skulls which can give one team the advantage.... if they can successfully get to their flagbase.

Having both teams use the same flag base isn't as much fun IMHO as you just kill someone near near flag base then collect their skulls and bank them straight away which misses the thrill of trying to get across the map with a bunch of 'booty'.

I also place each team playerstart side by side all across the map so players from both side spawn everywhere & collect the same stuff.

I also thought of switching the powerups but it wanted to place 1 right in the middle of the map at the same distance from both flag base & also provide the same amount of armor all across the map.

I do understand what you mean, I thought about some things you mention but I prefer this arrangement.

THX for posting & sorry to deceive you.

Comment

Good to see a Greed version up now. I'll definately be chekkin this one out!

I agree with Steve on having the flag bases at opposite ends of the map!
                              Having the bases ontop of each other isn't as fun IMO as you can get killed by the opposite team who then just grab your skulls and score the points. Where as if the bases are apart your opponents will have to grab your skulls then try and make it across the map making it more of a challenge.
                              As Steve mentioned about the high rollers as well. High rollers add even more intensity to the game as you need to make sure opponent high rollers don't bank their payload otherwise the game could be lost for your team.

I do agree though that the stocm CTF maps are nowhere near as much fun for Greed as the converted DM maps. To me the stock CTF maps are too big and I feel greed maps need to be smaller to keep the intensity up.

Comment

Good work, it looks great.

Comment

Working...
                                X