CTF/BR-Football2K10 - **UPDATED 09/19/10** [Pics] [PC/PS3] [VER 1.4]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hey bro, I just played the most updated 1.1 version.

I have some thoughts about gameplay, flow & some materials.

Gameplay,

Well, it's really great, very fun with 12 players. They do the job & I didn't encounter any issue.

Flow,

I had some issue about 2 things ;

1) All weapons, ammos shouldn't never being hard to collect. Even less doing some special move to reach them. Also, putting 2 set of ammo near the weapon base isn't good for flow. I know Epic do this in most of there maps but TBH, it's not a good thing for various reasons. Of course, this is personal so I won't get on your nerves about that gameplay / flow aspect. Still, had to do "roger rabbit" to collect the flak is imo nonsense. It would be better if it where placed near the teleporter so it will add more gameplay to your map by adding a more dynamic relation by teleporting & fragging the opponent from both the center of the map & the corridor & will enhance the flow in that corridor. See the yellow arrow. Therefore, it would be more beneficial to add a small armor on that crate so jumping as a real purpose & will add something worthy in that long corridor more than just a standard weapon. The material use (green arrow) is not enough "clean" with the rest of that corridor.

[screenshot]http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/3903/screenshot00002t.jpg[/screenshot]

2) The sniper spot need some enhancements imo.

- The ammo are to close to the walls. I suggest you move them a bit like on the other tile just aside so the player is not stuck on that corner when going backward to collect them.

[screenshot]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6051/screenshot00006.jpg[/screenshot]

- When I'm getting closer to the wall, I don't see a thing unless I crouch. It doesn't feel natural at all. I'm not comfortable to do so & since that "windows" is already small, it get even harder to kill the sniper from the outside. It would be better if the row of bricks where removed so the sniper is more vulnerable from the outside & will also be easier to use the translocator because it's not obvious to aim in action in that tiny windows.

[screenshot]http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/9230/screenshot00010.jpg[/screenshot]

Notice that when I'm close to the windows, the wall seem to "cut straight" since the BSP as a very abrupt angle. Adding some sort of trim will look better.

[screenshot]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3734/screenshot00009.jpg[/screenshot]

Visuals

On both base, those mesh are overlapping :

[screenshot]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2738/screenshot00001o.jpg[/screenshot]

Those grids (yellow arrow) are using the stock material which don't fit imo like the crate material mentioned above. It's to dirty & don't match the color tone of the rest of the clean place. I was expecting something red at the bottom ? Look the same as the blue base but since I'm in the red base...

[screenshot]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9639/screenshot00002g.jpg[/screenshot]

Same here. I notice your custom assets are very clean, soft, futuristic & don't fit with those grids.

[screenshot]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3729/screenshot00003w.jpg[/screenshot]

Before I move to the terrain, I appreciate your custom material which I found very pleasing to look at. I was expecting the terrain to use some normal maps to mimic some sort of carpet like we use to see in conventional stadium. I was surprise to notice that the material don't have any kind of normal maps or textures (green arrow) & beside don't match the surrounding details at all (blue arrow). No offense but it look very low poly, very bland & don't do your level justice I suggest you enhance those materials because the terrain is the main battle field in this layout & it's very a shame it doesn't look good comparing with the surrounding materials.

[screenshot]http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6051/screenshot00006.jpg[/screenshot]

I notice while fooling around that the bricks in the corridor are much smaller than the outside bricks. TBH, the outside one are overscaled & would look better if they're at least as small as the corridor one. I would make them even smaller than those inside since they're more far away, you expect them to be smaller & since your material is looking very nice you should do it.

[screenshot]http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7585/screenshot00011a.jpg[/screenshot]

That's it, I don't have anything else. Sorry to be late but I was very busy.

In all, it's a fine map.

THX for your work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey dude,

I just read the others comments & see you update the map again. A little advice is when you publish a map, use another version. Something like 1.11, 1.2 would have been appropriate

Now, I'm gonna try it & comment later

Leave a comment:

• replied
    héhéhé....just tryed the last release and it s really a kick *** map in classical DM mode (with all weapons) i had good laugh with bots while camping in the deemer room with a flack cannon....whot a carnage! muhahaha

my son have always an eye on what map i play and when he saw this one he was immediatly caught by the colors and the very original global look.he liked it very much too

i dont remember where i have read something about insta-CTF but it have remember me my first love on UT...so i had a few instagib games on that map and ...wow....the gameplay is totally different ; the central "stadium" mean "danger zone" as it s very open (run forrest !! run!! ) was pure fun and i was totally liquid at the end of the matches .....but it s so fun to hear all thoses "monsterkill & co" announcements

about visuals; as i told before: it s solid gameplay on original;simple and eyecandy visuals...all whot i like

cant wait to play some humans on that baby and to install it on our server
    thx again for your work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by T-NiTro[MK] View Post
    Thanks the map is awesome!
    It looks really nice and flows very well it has epic gameplay and is a killer arena map definitely one of my favorites. I can't wait for your upcoming maps.

T-Nitro[MK] = Rogue[TNT]

What Up Ignite
    Yo T-NiTro!

Nice to see you finally registered and posted, (i've also email Intimidator, he say's a moderator was supposed to approve his account but never did, probably when the forums were bugged)

Dude you are the most improved capper / flag runner with out a doubt, the only other player i've ever seen so dedicated and can keep a consistent press on the flag like that = iGniTe[MK] Keep up the good work buddy.

@Gussy - so the tags again .... hmmm i recall a name that i haven't gone by in years. Thanks for your testing and encouragement.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
    lol

D/L "new" one

@LordPorksword: how the hell do u suicide there my friend ? keybind?

i have fall...and fall... and fall again.....so deeply....through the skysphere.....to the extreme bottom...and to my death ...finally...haha^^
    LMAO >hahahahaha<

Get back to me with the results. lol

F10 = console then type "suicide" without quotes

I left out a killzone because that area is off limits! with out any bogus brush black holes no one should ever end up there, although i did blow a team mate on a lan test out into space once with the redeemer somehow. Will set a killzone on release 1.2 its more than likely a good while away, i have to get RainBase finished before anymore update trauma with this, my connection also sucks right now guys, i have close to 1 dozen failed uploads sometimes. At least i had some good laughs on this with ya Bl!tz~.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
    Bl!tz~ is correct. One or two of the grate meshes appear to have no collision set on them. Also set a killzone in the map properties so if players do fall through they will get killed rather than falling forever (until they suicide).
    Apart from that it's a **** fun map!!
    Actually here is what caused it if this helps anyone out. (if you test the map again you'll see that your actually falling through the recessed hexagon area before you step onto the grate)

When i increased the size of the twin oblong octagons bottoms which are also trimmed now (did this to create dimensional depth) it tore a hold in the hexagon BSP brush on the floor that your falling through. Easy fix by replacing brush.

Otherwise i'm glad you like the map Lord_PorkSword try it with inhuman bots 4 vs 4 or 3 vs 3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
    You know like i told him the funny thing was i found this bug as well during testing and had fixed it but somehow reloaded an unfixed version to work on additional editing at some point.... too many files to keep track of sometimes **sigh**
    lol

D/L "new" one

@LordPorksword: how the hell do u suicide there my friend ? keybind?

i have fall...and fall... and fall again.....so deeply....through the skysphere.....to the extreme bottom...and to my death ...finally...haha^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
    hey 1XTreme; there a little problem on the blue base; i can fall through the map:

just one meter close to the blue flag the "part" around the grid; i m fallen in the octogonal(or hexagonal cant remember how many sides lol) hole one time and at the bottom of the map the other time

for the rest excellent job; good fun
    Thanks Bl!tz~

Yeah i was alerted by email from HO0815XX as well. You know like i told him the funny thing was i found this bug as well during testing and had fixed it but somehow reloaded an unfixed version to work on additional editing at some point.... too many files to keep track of sometimes **sigh**

At any rate the good news is that it's already fixed;

http://download125.mediafire.com/j3t...otBall_1.1.zip

Sorry about this. For what its worth, I fully intend to do my best to support my releases (repair and update as fit & necessary)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bl!tz~ is correct. One or two of the grate meshes appear to have no collision set on them. Also set a killzone in the map properties so if players do fall through they will get killed rather than falling forever (until they suicide).
    Apart from that it's a **** fun map!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey 1XTreme; there a little problem on the blue base; i can fall through the map:

just one meter close to the blue flag the "part" around the grid; i m fallen in the octogonal(or hexagonal cant remember how many sides lol) hole one time and at the bottom of the map the other time

for the rest excellent job; good fun

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks the map is awesome!
    It looks really nice and flows very well it has epic gameplay and is a killer arena map definitely one of my favorites. I can't wait for your upcoming maps.

T-Nitro[MK] = Rogue[TNT]

What Up Ignite

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by iGniTe[MK] View Post
    looking amazing now if i only had my UT3 Disk I would load it up thanks for the mention.. your the best.
    But you've got to get back to playin Iggy I had to dust off my tags too Hope to get back to gaming with you soon

This map is really unreal at this point. It went from awesome to unreal. Very fun play, can't wait for the rest of the maps on your list (especially maelstrom) 1XTreme!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by iGniTe[MK] View Post
    looking amazing now if i only had my UT3 Disk I would load it up thanks for the mention.. your the best.
    Holy shiznit!

The legendary iGniTe[MK] .... are you the same one they voted "all time best IG player" on the OGL? **** fine to see ya.

Dude you are a UT legend Iggy. ((anyone who played UT99 instagib knows it))

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wow

Leave a comment:

• replied
    D/L v1.1
    i m gonna try tommorow...i m off...lol...another neverending day to come.... it s 4.30....**** it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X