• replied
    Hey Guys/Gals

Wassup, just want to give a shout out!

Great map, Great Effort, Keep it up

UT4Eva

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow just when I think this map can't get any better it does
    I really like the changes to the field and stadium it makes for a different feel and look to the whole map. The bases are looking great to. Very Polished. Again TY

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by stevelois View Post
    Hey dude,

Reading the changelog, look like some of my suggestions as been implemented & judging the new screeshots, it look much better

I was very curious to try it out, TBH, I still don't like flak placement but since the map in all really rocks it as been added to my top picks !

THX for the generic credits &

THX for your awesome work mate
    Solid bro! its an honor to make your list.

Glad to hear you like the changes. I know Odedge said the same thing about the Flak placement, he also suggested to ad more color to the map, (which in the end i think was right, i had struggled very hard to make a working neutral setting, perhaps too much so) most of you guys have very good advice, some things we need to go with our gut on at the same time, remember our discussion regarding the lighting on DM-Nano (everyone telling you to make it brighter but you stuck to your guns and went with your own gut instincts and accomplished successful results) - Back to this one, i think you were right on the money on regarding the stadium field, it didn't do the map justice and i was able to find a decent alternative to thousands of floating mesh grass blades. I just needed a little more encouragement.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
    PC version.

The PS/3 version is still the original release version 1.0 (we'll update that as well very soon - its in the works)

Thanks for your mirrors Skiilz.
    Just wanted to make sure.

No problem.

Here is the updated mirror:
    http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...otBall_1.2.rar

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey dude,

Reading the changelog, look like some of my suggestions as been implemented & judging the new screeshots, it look much better

I was very curious to try it out, TBH, I still don't like flak placement but since the map in all really rocks it as been added to my top picks !

THX for the generic credits &

THX for your awesome work mate

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Skillz View Post
    Is that link for the PC or PS3 version?
    PC version.

The PS/3 version is still the original release version 1.0 (we'll update that as well very soon - its in the works)

Thanks for your mirrors Skiilz.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is that link for the PC or PS3 version?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UPDATE VERSION 1.2

http://download567.mediafire.com/doy...otBall_1.2.rar

Begin Changelog: [VER 1.2]

Goals:

* correct issue with mesh overlap / tearing issue, (thanks Stevelois)
    * Correct & enhance various other minor issues
    * Ad more color to map (reduce overal neutral look - more of a warm / cool mix)

1. Repaired mesh tearing issue (twin oblong octagons) trim
    2. Create new materials for (twin oblong octagons) trim
    3. Trim redeemer/sniper window
    4. Slightly adjusted ammo location for sniper rifle
    5. Color code lighting in sniper nooks
    6. Color code to Red, Red base; pools, observation (floor) windows, textures, etc.
    7. Added Color effect to lower outer rails in bases.
    8. Create new textures for lower base logo trim.
    9. Partially re-saturated "Chick" portraits (had over-desaturated in 1.1)
    10. Slightly modified location of vending machines (too close to dimensional wall & trim)
    11. Replaced stadium brick textures sides and front
    12. Slightly modified stadium trim / deco above goal posts and struts near flood lights
    13. Added various additional mesh trim (increased overall mesh count from 1268 to 1430)
    14. Create new artificial <green> turf, Color coded inzones, & field borders (reasonable compromise
    from custom mesh <blade> turf which was originally scrapped due to performance issues.
    15. Modified preview shot & include changelog 1.2 & additional screenshots in archive.

End changelog.

11/25/09 1x.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    PC Mirror:
    http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...otBall_1.1.zip

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
    yeah 1Xtreme u need to slow down yer typing...steve is very old now it s difficult for him to keep concentrate if u edit....(and even if u dont)

@steve: i think it s time for your herb tea uncl'steevie

.....muhahaha
    LOLLLLLLL

What a laugh I had mate

Now, I'm gonna pay a guy, he's gonna take the plane, make a long trip to your place, knock knock on your door & when you respond, he will trow you my biggest pill bottle I have on your *** **** it !

Tiens toi

Ho & 1XTreme

Don't worry, I'm very close to this flying monkey, I can permit myself lol

And I receive your PM, it's fine dude

Leave a comment:

• replied

****, you just edit your post # 58. **** mate, it's very hard to follow, going back and re-read again in case there is something as been added !
    yeah 1Xtreme u need to slow down yer typing...steve is very old now it s difficult for him to keep concentrate if u edit....(and even if u dont)

@steve: i think it s time for your herb tea uncl'steevie

.....muhahaha

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey mate,

I send you a PM

If there is something you want to clear up, just send me a PM

EDIT

****, you just edit your post # 58. **** mate, it's very hard to follow, going back and re-read again in case there is something as been added !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey bro, I just played the most updated 1.1 version.
    -SNIP-
    Glad the gameplay works good for you.

Thanks for the detailed review / feedback, in the future i''ll likely have you do some private test prior to release.

OK per your feedback: Whoa the issue with the static meshes tearing is not OK, i'm not happy about this at all, i have already fixed that and will release a version 1.2 with in days, thank you for pointing that out, in my hurry to get back to other projects i overlooked this, (very sloppy work on my part, and not my style) the thing is bro, sometimes we need to overlap static meshes to make a certain shape or effect and there is an easy trick to prevent the tearing with resizing, however it doesn't work with everything, every time.

Other things you mentioned the crates and having to double jump, this is actually on par with the original UT99 map, so we'll let that ride based on that.

As far as the grates, i'm open minded about making custom materials for them, i felt the stock material worked, true its dirty but its a metal grate so i figured let it ride initially.

The Stadium field ground, yes it is very low poly, i had actually made turf for it at one point and opted to omit it because of issue with high poly-count and frame rates - maybe in version 1.3 or down the road i can work something out but yes i fully agree with you and this wasn't my original intention to have it this way, it was a compromise for performance.

As far as the redeemer / sniper rooms, i'll see what i can do with those bro for the version 1.2 with the fixed mesh issue, i also noticed a few other minor things i wanted to dial in and polish.

Now for the tricky one, as far as the textures / bricks in the stadium being larger, i tried a variety of things, i spent more hours than you want to know on it months ago and nothing else looked or felt right, i recently revisited that issue and attempted to reduce the size of the textures per your suggestion and it was not a good result for this map.

OK i'm pressed for time at the moment so i'll look for dialog with you more on this later bro, thanks again for your time and detailed - somewhat critical yet diplomatic assessment of the map, i do appreciate it bro. You actually have a neat ability to say how you really feel tactfully, while its true some of the things with this map (and others) are a matter of preference, you pointed out some things that i myself struggled with and hadn't been completely satisfied with.

P.S. my CTF-RainBase map is coming along fricken awesome! - (the quality exceeds anything else i've done by far) i initiated building it with a much more next-gen style so i don't have to go back and try to morph a mud-fence into a golden statue, i'd like to get the last little kinks worked out of this CTF-Football map and completely move on at some point.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey dude,

I just read the others comments & see you update the map again. A little advice is when you publish a map, use another version. Something like 1.11, 1.2 would have been appropriate

Now, I'm gonna try it & comment later
    I thought about that and decided against it. The thing is i had just released 1.1 so i let it ride considering the fact that in the UT3 engine of UT there are few to no issues with version mismatch - this problem appears to have been resolved, if there is a newer version you will virtually always automatically download it rather than be locked out due to a version mismatch - as long as the server is running the latest version there shouldn't be an issue. (like we experienced with UT99 and 2k3-4) Of course what i'm saying is specific and can be taken out of context and certainly doesn't not apply to everything across the board.

I honestly didn't feel like releasing an update from 1.0 to 1.1 and then 1.2, 5 minutes later because of the weird issue with the editor tearing a hole in my brush. - it was an easy fix to a fluke issue that didn't even exist in the initial release, people can come here and get the proper working updated version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
    héhéhé....just tryed the last release and it s really a kick *** map in classical DM mode (with all weapons) i had good laugh with bots while camping in the deemer room with a flack cannon....whot a carnage! muhahaha

my son have always an eye on what map i play and when he saw this one he was immediatly caught by the colors and the very original global look.he liked it very much too

i dont remember where i have read something about insta-CTF but it have remember me my first love on UT...so i had a few instagib games on that map and ...wow....the gameplay is totally different ; the central "stadium" mean "danger zone" as it s very open (run forrest !! run!! ) was pure fun and i was totally liquid at the end of the matches .....but it s so fun to hear all thoses "monsterkill & co" announcements

about visuals; as i told before: it s solid gameplay on original;simple and eyecandy visuals...all whot i like

cant wait to play some humans on that baby and to install it on our server
    thx again for your work
    Very good deal bro! glad to hear it .... i must of done something right then.

I'm also glad that the black hole issue is fixed. it would be a shame to have a map with so much effort put into it, broken and crippled; especially considering the simple solution to repair a substantial problem.

P.S. Your son has a good eye & good taste!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X