Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CTF/BR-Football2K10 - **UPDATED 09/19/10** [Pics] [PC/PS3] [VER 1.4]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The new 1.3 version has been added to Mapraider's three mirrors. The original links will automatically redirect you to the new version, or you can go to it directly.

    Also note: The filenames on Mapraider have been changed for clarity. The version number was added and "PS3" has been added to the PS3 version.

    Comment


      Have downloaded on Mediafire : doesn't work in editor/ingame
      Have downloaded on Filefront: doesn't work in editor/ingame

      Anyone else experiencing this?

      edit: ha, it works in editor with the Filefront file, but take a looong time to load.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Foufoune_Rose View Post
        Hey! nice to see you update your map!
        I haven't played it for now, I'm just telling you my first feelings about the screenshots.

        (from left to right)

        1: The main elements seems to be the yellow goals. A translucent texture with some high tech fuzzing would make it great.
        The hanging screens aren't big enough for me, or not enough "highlighted" (I don't mean brightness, I mean composition).
        The stand for the crowd could be highlighted too (this time I mean light^^)

        2: Not a lot to say. Maybe up the ceiling a little?

        3: The trophy's light is white, but lit in yellow.
        The tiny light between the 2 blue strips seems to emit light, is it an error?
        The spotlights have a thin light inside them, seems ugly to me.

        For the overall lighting, all your sources are somewhat directionnals (the ceiling's fluorescent tubes, the spotlights...) but the corridor "is baked in white". I can't find another words, my english suck .
        So more color please, or more use of directionnal lights for here.
        Also lightcones mean that there is dust or humidity in the air, so maybe some fog or DOF could make it true.

        4: Maybe players got stuck with this UT2004's door ?

        I know I'm a little bit perfectionnist, so everything is in the details.
        And this color scheme give me headache, like Maelstrom. Too creepy black with desaturated colors is vintage, but is unbearable for me
        I hope you don't find me pretentious, this map look's good .
        But could be visually improved .
        Here we go again... Are you following 1x around?

        Originally posted by Foufoune_Rose View Post
        Have downloaded on Mediafire : doesn't work in editor/ingame
        Have downloaded on Filefront: doesn't work in editor/ingame

        Anyone else experiencing this?
        Hmm all those comments and you haven't even played the map???? Bizarre... I have never heard of someone leaving such detailed feedback on just screenshots alone.


        1x The whole map looks completely re-amped. The sky rocks . I really like the additional trim and the attention to details. The machinery that you have added really works with the map. It pieces together very nicely. Will probably come back later with more detailed feedback!

        Comment


          Overall this is the outcome & look i was after ..

          Originally posted by stevelois View Post
          Hey bro,

          So here it is, the best polished version so far

          I wanted to say THX for fixing the Flak issue as long as enhancing other things. About the AI, bots kick my *** to much often LOL So GJ on this m8
          Roger that & your welcome.

          Originally posted by stevelois View Post
          I really like the majority of things you've done but TBH, I must say that I question myself on certain things & don’t like others. I would had like to report some of them if there was a private version before this release but now it's to late. It’s a nice upgrade none the less
          Steve; TBH on this one i'm quite confident and satisfied with the map (for the most part) exactly as it is .. (that's what matters the most right?) after all it is my map.

          IMO when you get a map to this level of quality / polished then it becomes a matter of personal preference and individual taste, and since it is my map and i made the map i wanted to have the map suit my vision & preference of what this remake should be not someone elses at this point, hope that makes sense bro, (of course i greatly appreciate your help / feedback on all of my work, this was just an overdue update, i really didn't intend to do a beta/private test) - besides we can't please everyone, (we'd go crazy trying) sometimes we have to please or selves or find a good balance or compromise & get it uploaded ..

          Originally posted by stevelois View Post
          In the list, I supposed the control button / switch to turn stadium lights off / on are the panels at the entrance of the base ? If I press the "enter" key or shoot the panels, it does nothing, what is the method ???

          THX again bro
          Just walk up close [DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF IT] & bump the button (with your body..) its not rigged for being shot, i really didn't want the lights flickering on / off from stray gun fire, so you have to press it, also the bots have no control over it. [not interested in having those clowns turn the lights on & off]
          __________________________
          @Foufoune_Rose I must say that we are worlds apart in our tastes. (no harm in that) I appreciate the fact that your trying to be more friendly with your critique, though i will say that sometimes your opinion seems a bit bias & perhaps even a little overt or hostile? for example i've seen you go in and compliment a mediocre (unpolished map) and say its the best thing you've ever seen (maybe your trying to win brownie points) and then on another perhaps more accomplished map try to press someone else's buttons as if your attempting to overtly make them feel bad (perhaps someone has treated you this way on the other forums you came from? - i hope not .. if so that's a shame, no one should be treated like that) I'm trying to be fair here about this, yet have be real at the same time.

          At any rate to keep things real, i will also say i'd rather not have any more drama about your eyes hurting from my maps or color schemes giving you a headache, etc. - your the first/only person to ever say any thing like this. --in fact there have been hundreds of downloads (on my mirror alone) on CTF-Maelstrom & very few complaints if any-- (maybe the issue is the different languages & its not intentional) but some others might not see it that way, in fact there's a term for this its called being a Troll, its when someone deliberately tries to cause trouble or say something that they know is going to cause an issue, in your comments on Maelstrom when you said you could fix the map right up yourself (& the map burnt your eyes) lol, i didn't bite into it, (though it was kind of sad) i let it go and some others dealt with you harshly unfortunately, this time i'm saying something - for what ever reason you've decided or maybe you don't like me / my work or i'm a threat to you (i know you are an active mapper also) or whatever the issue is, i'm asking you to please stop the silly 'burnt / headache' jokes. This community is all but dead, we need ppl supporting each other not bashing / bad mouthing one another. There are many maps that don't fit my tastes or style i simply skip past them rather than going out of my way each opportunity i get to point out all the things i dislike. I do think your comments in this map are 100 times more skillful & somewhat more useful than the comments you left in my last release .. (i'm hoping part of the problem is the language barrier, & i hope i haven't offended ya - i just want to diffuse the drama like in the other thread so i've tried to address the concern) If the map is really that far off i could always release another update but i wouldn't want to do it to specifically to suit any specific individuals tastes as its my personal vision & i quite like it, if others give it a chance they might also. (some might even appreciate the efforts)

          That's all really more than i wanted to say but it needed to be said.

          __________________________
          @FreakinMeany thx! for the mirror. - you rock dude!! can you plz remove the video of the old version on the main map page? it doesn't do the map justice at all, maybe someone else can make an updated video and upload it at some point.


          __________________________
          @Gussy, thx! appreciate the compliments, & are you following me? : D .. look forward to hearing back from ya.


          __________________________
          Interesting footnotes; there have already been 20+ downloads according to my media fire stats with several comments, also just before i updated this thread i noticed the map had a rating of 4.38 & 16 votes.. now after this update the map has 4.18 & 17 votes, looks like someone 1 stared me .. lol ((must be someones way of saying thx)) ..

          At any rate i've got to move on and get back to real life stuff, have a nice one peeps.

          Comment


            Hi 1XTreme!

            Whats that?
            Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
            It's Football season again folks .......................
            ............
            Enjoy fans!
            YES, I have enjoyed it. It looks like, that you have redone the whole map, and the result is unbelievable.
            I have compared it with your previous (good) version to see the difference better.
            It's significant: Better ligthing, skybox, decorations,ambientsounds.... and especially the scoring sound (I like >Poker Face< from Lady Gaga ).

            The only things are:
            The switchable floodlights should brighten up the arena more, or darker when off. So is the effect better to see.
            You have slowed down the redeemer-room-doors. What do you think, when you get captured in the room (very rare), you can only escape with firing the redeemer or waiting for a teammate to free you? I don't know if this works for bots.

            All in all, this version is your masterpiece!

            Greetz!

            Comment


              Hey m8

              Want to say that the light button on panels work well I understand now why you made it that way

              Also, in regards of maps, ofc, you must please yourself in the first place. It's not about pleasing everyone. It's just that I found some little things that could had been fixed in a private version like overlaping SM, duplicated SM at the same spot, better collisions settings, boring stuff like that.

              Ofc, I have things that I don't like but this is about stock assets, not the map itself which I found truly great, I've just played a game that as last 45 mins Since it's 100% the way you imagine it in the first place, well, CG m8

              Ho, and I can't vote, I already vote 5 little stars long ago

              I'm very exited to tests the upcoming maps m8 !

              THX again bro

              Comment


                Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
                Hi 1XTreme!

                Whats that?
                YES, I have enjoyed it. It looks like, that you have redone the whole map, and the result is unbelievable.
                Now that's a 'fitting' word.

                Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
                I have compared it with your previous (good) version to see the difference better.
                It's significant: Better ligthing, skybox, decorations,ambientsounds.... and especially the scoring sound (I like >Poker Face< from Lady Gaga ).
                Haha .. excellent my friend .. great to hear this feedback (it took me a while to perfect my Unreal 3 mapping style having originally been a UT99 designer <& skipping UT2004 mapping all together> there was a steep transition/learning period)

                I'm glad you like the improvements / enhancements ..

                Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
                The only things are:
                The switchable floodlights should brighten up the arena more, or darker when off. So is the effect better to see.
                The main goal was to get rid of the (customized highly visible / bright from all angle) light cones (as some will like the cleaner look) and i didn't want people to have to change game / detail settings to accomplish this, thus i used the kismet sequence, you do have a point though & i can adjust this for your BR version, (now that we've got this map upto snuff, i'm confident that we should move forward with the BR version as well, this map has the right elements for BR, it'd be a shame not to) just tell me what you want changed before i upload the uncooked version for you, - my solution to connectivity problems is i'll upload it in split archive files because of my unreliable connection (but this works so i can get it done and not fail the 220 MB upload repeatedly) - (also lets keep the BR version in this thread for simplicity) of course you'll get the full credit for that conversion though and you'll need to upload it and get the link ready and such. (lets just go with the idea we had before for the goals - sound ok?)

                Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
                You have slowed down the redeemer-room-doors. What do you think, when you get captured in the room (very rare), you can only escape with firing the redeemer or waiting for a teammate to free you? I don't know if this works for bots.
                Shouldn't you always have at least an enforcer to fire? or at least 1 shot from another weapon? lol, hopefully players are prepared before going in there. Also yeah i wanted to have the doors raise & lower like the original UT99 version did, - i'm just happy the AI are using the room now and frequently fire the deemer around the map ..

                Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
                All in all, this version is your masterpiece!

                Greetz!
                Thank you very much! such a compliment make the efforts worth the while.

                TTYL ..
                __________________________

                @Steve,

                1st .. you rock dude ..

                2nd ..

                45 minutes! Ho .. dang you must have been having fun .. i honestly had a blast myself with this map Flak Bombing the field from the upper hall (Flak pickup area) sniper windows, w/12 bots set to inhuman, you can keep picking up the health behind the crate and down at the end of the hall with the 3 viles & keep stocking up on ammo and really mess with those fools as they make their way across the field .. lol

                As far as the issues you found, the only meshes in the same spot that i know of are the trophies and that is intentional for a specific effect (both use different materials) - as far as over lapping meshes I wasn't aware that there were any, i thought i had this one fairly clean in that aspect, but since i'm going to slightly modify the BR version for HO0815XX's conversion perhaps if i can correct that too, or we can skip it - its up to you bro if you feel like posting shots so i'll know what to fix. - Heck i might implement some of FR's suggestions as well for that.

                Also thx for the vote & the stars bro.

                Comment


                  Just played a few rounds and I wanted to get back to you.

                  First and foremost... this map is a BLAST. It is really fun with the bots cranked up and using weapons.

                  The dual enforcers are so much fun. I haven't seen an enforcer pick up on to many maps, especially CTF.

                  The flag cap music and fans cheering was a great idea. That really enhances the game play IMO HO pegged it as Poker face ... Good call on the choice for music

                  The changes in the lighting really seem to bring out the colors in the bases. As well as the field/outer stadium. The turf/football field looks much better. I personally like a darker field. Grass wouldn't really make sense in space ( especially with rockets, redeemers, and flak bombs blowing up on it)

                  I stated earlier that the the sky rocks. I really like the nebula's

                  Very good use of deco. I like all the different areas you can look into and see something going on whether it is a view of the stars/space under you or different machinery. I think it is very cool how all the different deco all has a purpose and works together to make stadium stay afloat in outerspace. The flagroom looks killer with all the pipes and lighting changes. I really like what you did with that. To me it seems like you really re amped that room. You gave it some very nice trim/deco without going over board. Just the right amount. Very nice changes to the upper halls again you gave it it a nice tweaking without overly decorating it. You seem to have a knack for adding deco but keeping the map clean.


                  There will be flak and terror from the upper halls

                  Comment


                    Things suggested to fix in v. 1.3

                    Hey bro,

                    Since you ask, no prob to list the little things to fix. SM stand for StaticMeshes :

                    Overlaping :

                    - SM # 962 is the duplicate one

                    To delete :

                    - SM # 439
                    - SM # 936

                    Collisions :

                    - In yellow circle, all those small SM need to block weapon only, not block all. They're placed around those walls in both bases. Same for all the different tiles on the floor (red arrow) for flow reason.

                    [screenshot]http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/548/screenshot00001q.jpg[/screenshot]

                    Ho, and check the map name in your world properties, there a typing error

                    That's it

                    Comment


                      Good looking map 1EXtreme.
                      However, i do seem to be having some fps issues with it.
                      Is this just my craptacular kit or has anyone else found this.
                      Windsor 64 dual core, GT9800

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
                        .......... The main goal was to get rid of the (customized highly visible / bright from all angle) light cones (as some will like the cleaner look) and i didn't want people to have to change game / detail settings to accomplish this, thus i used the kismet sequence, you do have a point though & i can adjust this for your BR version........
                        The BR-version is exactly that, what I yesterday forgot to ask.

                        I'll PM you @ UOF. I don't know if you have cleaned up your PM's here, still full?

                        Comment


                          Many thanks for this great map, I've had heaps of fun playing it.

                          Is this just my craptacular kit or has anyone else found this.
                          I have noticed some frame drops in places, not a game killer but still apparent.
                          QuadCore W7 HD5770

                          Comment


                            Nice update bro just one problem for me is the frame rate should have a problem with i7.

                            But I'm getting 25fps at times.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by TIPPER View Post
                              Good looking map 1EXtreme.
                              However, i do seem to be having some fps issues with it.
                              Is this just my craptacular kit or has anyone else found this.
                              Windsor 64 dual core, GT9800

                              What speed is that Windsor? I run a C2D 2.8 and a 9800 GT and this runs like a raped ape on my PC. Do you have V-sync enabled? On my system everything seems to run better with V-Sync enabled especially UT3 and Sacred 2.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
                                Just played a few rounds and I wanted to get back to you.

                                First and foremost... this map is a BLAST. It is really fun with the bots cranked up and using weapons.

                                The dual enforcers are so much fun. I haven't seen an enforcer pick up on to many maps, especially CTF.

                                The flag cap music and fans cheering was a great idea. That really enhances the game play IMO HO pegged it as Poker face ... Good call on the choice for music
                                Thx for the follow up!
                                Glad you've had a blast with this latest version ..

                                Yeah i've seen the enforcer pickup occasionally in some DM maps but i haven't seen it used w/CTF and i've never seen the enforcer ammo in any map come to think of it. (The pickup placement is faithful to the original map for the most part, but i figured adding the enforcer would enhance this UT3 version - seems that was correct)

                                The scoring stingers are supposed to be fanfare with the cheering / beats etc. Glad they're a hit.

                                Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
                                The changes in the lighting really seem to bring out the colors in the bases. As well as the field/outer stadium. The turf/football field looks much better. I personally like a darker field. Grass wouldn't really make sense in space ( especially with rockets, redeemers, and flak bombs blowing up on it)
                                Absolutely .. in fact; someone tried to suggest to me the field should be green (which was attempted in an earlier released version) & TBH that threw the entire map off IMO, (so i reverted & reworked the field) and in a futuristic 'unreal' setting such as this with as you say explosions everywhere turf doesn't make sense, a hardened alloy / metal of some type does though & the darker style field definitely was intentional.

                                Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
                                I stated earlier that the the sky rocks. I really like the nebula's

                                Very good use of deco. I like all the different areas you can look into and see something going on whether it is a view of the stars/space under you or different machinery. I think it is very cool how all the different deco all has a purpose and works together to make stadium stay afloat in outerspace. The flagroom looks killer with all the pipes and lighting changes. I really like what you did with that. To me it seems like you really re amped that room. You gave it some very nice trim/deco without going over board. Just the right amount. Very nice changes to the upper halls again you gave it it a nice tweaking without overly decorating it.
                                Indeed! i did ad quite a bit of additional detail while at the same time keeping it all tied together to stay within the theme of the map ..

                                Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
                                You seem to have a knack for adding deco but keeping the map clean.
                                Perfect! that's what i'm after .. thx again for this excellent feedback. - Ya rock! <FLAK MONKEY>

                                Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                                Hey bro,

                                Since you ask, no prob to list the little things to fix. SM stand for StaticMeshes :

                                **snip**

                                That's it
                                Got it! Thx bro .. (BTW what does SM mean again? lol, just kidding - yeah notice my on post #112 where i say "as far as over lapping meshes I wasn't aware that there were any" - you realize i just abbreviated by referring to them as meshes right? .. meshes = SM )


                                Originally posted by TIPPER View Post
                                Good looking map 1EXtreme.
                                However, i do seem to be having some fps issues with it.
                                Is this just my craptacular kit or has anyone else found this.
                                Windsor 64 dual core, GT9800
                                Thx bro .. not sure on the performance issue, (what speed is your processor and what O/S? out of curiosity) ran fine on the 5 machines i tested it on (a little choppy in certain areas on the Pentium D) but otherwise good on the others, one machine C2D 2.6 4700 / 8800GT ran the map fine also (v-sync is enabled on all machines)


                                Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
                                The BR-version is exactly that, what I yesterday forgot to ask.

                                I'll PM you @ UOF. I don't know if you have cleaned up your PM's here, still full?
                                Got it! - i'll make those slight adjustments and then i'll be uploading the uncooked file today & tomorrow.

                                I'll check my UOF PM boss. Thx again for your continuing support in this community old friend, you have helped so many mappers, you're practically famous at this point.

                                Originally posted by Achernar View Post
                                Many thanks for this great map, I've had heaps of fun playing it.
                                Your very welcome! ((glad to hear peeps are having fun with it, as i say - makes it all worth the efforts))

                                Originally posted by Achernar View Post
                                I have noticed some frame drops in places, not a game killer but still apparent.
                                QuadCore W7 HD5770
                                I'm wondering if its a W7 thing? all the machines i've tested on in my LAN *(5 client machines 1 dedicated media/server)* are running either XP or Windows Home Server. - Glad its only a slow down and not a game breaker, (curious as Gussy brought up; do you have v-sync enabled for UT3?)

                                Originally posted by Zerglings View Post
                                Nice update bro just one problem for me is the frame rate should have a problem with i7.

                                But I'm getting 25fps at times.
                                Thx for the heads up, still wondering if its an O/S or UT3 setting issue?? cause it runs quite well on some other machines that are slower than your higher-end hardware bro .. (are you still SLI?)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X