Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here a more update much better pic:

Comment

Zerglings, thx for taking the time to post the shots, appreciate the heads up m8.

I knew the bots would occasionally get hung up trying to get to the Flak, it appears to be more of an issue than i realized and it could get even worse with different mutators.

I'll be releasing an update to version 1.3 in the near future and we'll get that issue ironed out once and for all, perhaps include some other minor enhancements / tweaks while i'm at it - still need to get the bots to use the redeemer shield door (been real busy with the holidays) sorry i took so long to respond to ya brother Z.

Offtopic ..
      P.S. this map had 4.88 average with 11 votes before, 1 more vote dropped to 4.5 that means there is a hater on the loose and they voted me 1 star. they also did the same thing on my CTF-AndAction! map .. ROFL

Comment

Great port. Thanks! In ut99 times that was one our favorites in LGI community. You brought some good memories with this map.

Comment

I don't believe it is a port I think it is a remake And yes it does bring back good memories of fun battles

Comment

Originally posted by alex904 View Post
            Great port. Thanks! In ut99 times that was one our favorites in LGI community. You brought some good memories with this map.
            Low Grav Insta rulez ....

Glad you like it alex904, hey you also posted in my generic thread at BU, like i said i appreciate you taking time to comment and leave feedback, feel free to post your links for match screenshots (really neat seeing some of those from UT99) here if you get a chance.

Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
            I don't believe it is a port I think it is a remake And yes it does bring back good memories of fun battles
            It's OK some people just use the term port, i understand what he means and think its fine.

Comment

Dude great job with this map! Glad to know its in ut3 now

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
                Dude great job with this map! Glad to know its in ut3 now
                Wow, sometimes i think and realize that i got a very late start, i only joined less than a year ago, the reason i got back into mapping with UT3 was honestly for this map, didn't seem like anyone else was going to do it, (with out my UT99 mapping experience i doubt i would have taken on the new editor) Sometimes i felt like i missed the train with UT3 when it was really popular a couple / few years ago, it's nice to know peeps are still around to show interest and enjoy my (somewhat late) work.

Glad to have another fan of this map....... - I appreciate the compliment & you taking time to comment Ironhorse.

Comment

1XTreme bro how's the update going between your other maps?

Comment

1X any of these other ones going to get done soon? (hopefully)
                    I saw a change in your details as far as maps go. Eternal Caves is an awesome map and could look awesome with the new engine. Especially if it is done with the same level quality as your other maps.

Comment

Ah! I haven't forgotten Zergs bro. On the list so far:
                      • Issue with AI getting stuck jumping at crate for pickup.
                      • AI issue with Redeemer shield (they're not using it.)
                      • Various performance optimizations.
                      • Minor visual modifications / enhancements.
                      • Reassign defense points to flags (accidentally nullified last update)
                      • Beta testing on Lan (local crew) & Beta test with UOF crew.

thx for the reminder, I'll get to it soon zergs. Better if i don't rush like i did last time or attempt too much multi-tasking. I will absolutely be releasing 1.3 sometime in the near future.. Though the map is quite functional in it's current state and far from broken i fully intend to support my publications.

Any other bugs / issues from anyone else? while we're on the subject. The guy at BU forums was raving about this map and then came back and posted that his server hung on it, i have that issue with my dedicated server when i install new/custom maps sometimes while it compiles the shader cache (doesn't let players ready up, usually straightens out after a few cycles)

Comment

Sure thing just a remind to see if anything got done bro keep up the great work.

Comment

Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
                          1X any of these other ones going to get done soon? (hopefully)
                          I saw a change in your details as far as maps go. Eternal Caves is an awesome map and could look awesome with the new engine. Especially if it is done with the same level quality as your other maps.
                          Correct! i updated my sig WIP - now have some WIP that is 'Top-Secret' for a bit longer but something very cool is in the works far beyond the scope of my capabilities alone. more will be revealed .. in time.

As far as CTF-EternalCave i couldn't agree with you more - it's coming, maybe i can have Thalos help me since he is such an expert with Lava, (RE:his CTF-Magma remake) also HO0815XX has some Lava Skillz as well, we'll get it done it's just a matter of time. - No worries M8 haven't forgotten about the other stuff on the shortlist.

Originally posted by Zerglings View Post
                          Sure thing just a remind to see if anything got done bro keep up the great work.
                          Thx again bro! Appreciate your encouragement from day 1. (you rock Zergs)

Comment

It's Football season again folks ..

I promised another update on this map; to fix the minor bug with the Flak Cannon Pickup and the bots getting stuck. I also wanted to rework the map a bit while I was at it. So here we are with the latest version & some major updates. The list of changes is much too long to list so i'll touch on some key points ..

* Over-all map assets increased from Approx. 2000 to about 6800.
                            * Lighting, textures, & sounds completely reworked.
                            * Bots/AI now use Redeemer shield/room.
                            * Control button / switch (Kismet sequence) to turn stadium lights off / on.
                            * Optimizations galore ..
                            * And so on ..

Enjoy fans!

1ST. Post updated with new download links ..

a few shots ..

[SHOT]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/1-Xtreme/CTF-FootBall%201_3/ScreenShot03316.jpg?t=1282632797[/SHOT] [SHOT]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/1-Xtreme/CTF-FootBall%201_3/ScreenShot03320.jpg?t=1282633796[/SHOT]
                            [SHOT]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/1-Xtreme/CTF-FootBall%201_3/ScreenShot03324.jpg?t=1282632813[/SHOT] [SHOT]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/1-Xtreme/CTF-FootBall%201_3/ScreenShot03379.jpg?t=1282632773[/SHOT]

Comment

Hey bro,

So here it is, the best polished version so far

I wanted to say THX for fixing the Flak issue as long as enhancing other things. About the AI, bots kick my *** to much often LOL So GJ on this m8

I really like the majority of things you've done but TBH, I must say that I question myself on certain things & don’t like others. I would had like to report some of them if there was a private version before this release but now it's to late. It’s a nice upgrade none the less

In the list, I supposed the control button / switch to turn stadium lights off / on are the panels at the entrance of the base ? If I press the "enter" key or shoot the panels, it does nothing, what is the method ???

THX again bro

Comment

Hey! nice to see you update your map!
                                I haven't played it for now, I'm just telling you my first feelings about the screenshots.

(from left to right)

1: The main elements seems to be the yellow goals. A translucent texture with some high tech fuzzing would make it great.
                                The hanging screens aren't big enough for me, or not enough "highlighted" (I don't mean brightness, I mean composition).
                                The stand for the crowd could be highlighted too (this time I mean light^^)

2: Not a lot to say. Maybe up the ceiling a little?

3: The trophy's light is white, but lit in yellow.
                                The tiny light between the 2 blue strips seems to emit light, is it an error?
                                The spotlights have a thin light inside them, seems ugly to me.

For the overall lighting, all your sources are somewhat directionnals (the ceiling's fluorescent tubes, the spotlights...) but the corridor "is baked in white". I can't find another words, my english suck .
                                So more color please, or more use of directionnal lights for here.
                                Also lightcones mean that there is dust or humidity in the air, so maybe some fog or DOF could make it true.

4: Maybe players got stuck with this UT2004's door ?

I know I'm a little bit perfectionnist, so everything is in the details.
                                And this color scheme give me headache, like Maelstrom. Too creepy black with desaturated colors is vintage, but is unbearable for me
                                I hope you don't find me pretentious, this map look's good .
                                But could be visually improved .

Comment

Working...
                                X