Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CTF/BR-Football2K10 - **UPDATED 09/19/10** [Pics] [PC/PS3] [VER 1.4]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Thanks, 1XTreme. I'll take a look at the thread. The ones I've been kicking around are DM-Turbine and CTF-EpicBoy. Used to love those in UT. Now just need to find my UT discs and reinstall them to check them out in the UT editor.

    Thanks, Gussie- hopefully I'll find the motivation and, more importantly, time to get something going.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Axeman View Post
      I wouldn't go that far, but I appreciate it.
      I haven't opened the editor in quite sometime, but am feeling like I want to and came here to see what levels were being made and came across this release. I really just want to do some design stuff and not bother with making a layout. I'm not going at doing layouts anyway. I may do a conversion of some sort as well.

      Level looks really good. A good conversion. Had some good fun playing it the other day.
      Nice to have you back!

      Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
      Welcome back! It would be great to have a seasoned vet working on some new material. A real boost to the community

      This map was a blast in 2004... good times
      As is the UT3 remake
      Fully agreed!

      Comment


        clean updated classic

        And here we are with another classic remake of a UT map (with a UT2004 version out there somewhere also) and a good one at that. I think I remember playing the original UT version, but didn't keep it. It looks very clean with a good skybox. I like the team signs and "interesting" posters, but do you have all the NFL teams? Ah, Pepsi and Coke too....the memories....well, because a lot of old UT CTF maps had Pepsi and Coke also. I like the "custom music track" as well as custom textures, colors, lighting and shadows. I also noticed the metallic death sounds and that was a nice touch. These things really bring out the atmosphere of the map.

        It has the ol' classic gameplay you would expect with good weapon/item placement as well as selection and the bots are very good; you better grab the flag and skedaddle out of the base before they gang up on you. You're also a sitting duck (Oregon Duck maybe) in the middle of the field. Thanks for fixing the bot issues before I tried this latest version.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Axeman View Post
          Thanks, 1XTreme. I'll take a look at the thread. The ones I've been kicking around are DM-Turbine and CTF-EpicBoy. Used to love those in UT. Now just need to find my UT discs and reinstall them to check them out in the UT editor.

          Thanks, Gussie- hopefully I'll find the motivation and, more importantly, time to get something going.
          I throw my vote in for EpicBoy. That map was fun, also I have seen quite a few requests for it.

          Comment


            Hey peeps ........

            Fast Check in ..........

            After the game today my son's FootBall team is still undefeated. -

            Dang i'm so proud of these elite little dudes. They have 1 final game for the season and if they win it they will be undefeated for the season.

            My PM box is full again .. been krazzy busy .. i have some responses i'll be making after i get caught up on RL stuff HOXX, Axeman, SkaarjMaster, & Gussy. - I haven't fallen off the face of the earth or anything.

            Comment


              Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
              Snip

              After the game today my son's FootBall team is still undefeated. -

              Dang i'm so proud of these elite little dudes. They have 1 final game for the season and if they win it they will be undefeated for the season.
              Snip)
              Yeah no doubt I would be proud of those boys too
              UNDEFEATED!!!! I hope your boy can end the season that way.

              Comment


                Hi,

                yeah i'm very busy ... thats right ^^

                but here is your requested flyby/mirror

                http://www.ut-x.net/View-document-de...tball2K10.html
                and
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5c7o8TiAS8

                Have Fun

                ps. your pm-box is full xD

                Comment


                  Thanks for recent updates! Map looks awesome. Old time. That was a signature for once #1 LGI UT99 clan {iDA}.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by alex904 View Post
                    Thanks for recent updates! Map looks awesome. Old time. That was a signature for once #1 LGI UT99 clan {iDA}.
                    Hell Yeah! 1x could win a contest for his work. Guaranteed!!! I really like his remakes they really take you back.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Axeman View Post
                      Thanks, 1XTreme. I'll take a look at the thread. The ones I've been kicking around are DM-Turbine and CTF-EpicBoy. Used to love those in UT. Now just need to find my UT discs and reinstall them to check them out in the UT editor.

                      Thanks, Gussie- hopefully I'll find the motivation and, more importantly, time to get something going.
                      +1 vote for CTF-Epicboy! Axeman, we need that one brought forward .. would love to see you work that deal dude ..

                      Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
                      Nice to have you back!

                      Fully agreed!
                      +2 on that, great to see the Axeman back here on the forums ..

                      <Seriously solid UT mapping skillz to boot>

                      Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
                      And here we are with another classic remake of a UT map (with a UT2004 version out there somewhere also) and a good one at that. I think I remember playing the original UT version, but didn't keep it. It looks very clean with a good skybox. I like the team signs and "interesting" posters, but do you have all the NFL teams? Ah, Pepsi and Coke too....the memories....well, because a lot of old UT CTF maps had Pepsi and Coke also. I like the "custom music track" as well as custom textures, colors, lighting and shadows. I also noticed the metallic death sounds and that was a nice touch. These things really bring out the atmosphere of the map.

                      It has the ol' classic gameplay you would expect with good weapon/item placement as well as selection and the bots are very good; you better grab the flag and skedaddle out of the base before they gang up on you. You're also a sitting duck (Oregon Duck maybe) in the middle of the field. Thanks for fixing the bot issues before I tried this latest version.
                      Hola .. dude thank you so much for this most excellent review ..

                      Few points ..

                      1. I don't think i have all the logo's - I decided to use the same that Axeman used for his UT2004 version because it seemed like the right thing to do. <thought they have all been reworked / updated / customized>
                      2. Yes the posters are interesting .. but not to much to take anyone away from the action! haha ..

                      3. Pepsi, Coke .. ah yeah the 0ld Sk00L rivalries.. - I thought Bl!tz was going to make me put in a snack bar on this deal .. lol - i figured that'd the drink vending machines would work, another adoption from Axemans 2K4 version.

                      4. Skybox.. yeah! - great sky on this version, thx again to the Hubblesite and my buddy LPS for bringing those over.

                      5. Lots of optimizations on this 1.4 version - however and this goes with all maps with so many custom assets and texture - the first time you run it on a server you'll have a long delay while the sever builds the shader cache.

                      Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
                      Yeah no doubt I would be proud of those boys too
                      UNDEFEATED!!!! I hope your boy can end the season that way.
                      Well not to brag too hard but for the record they played their last game yesterday and they won, - it was their last game .. they played their entire season undefeated, whoa .. i'm so proud of this kid, his team, and the awesome coaches .. - Great stuff.

                      Originally posted by Terror_Force View Post
                      Hi,

                      yeah i'm very busy ... thats right ^^

                      but here is your requested flyby/mirror

                      http://www.ut-x.net/View-document-de...tball2K10.html
                      and
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5c7o8TiAS8

                      Have Fun

                      ps. your pm-box is full xD
                      Terror_Force - Thank you very much ..

                      Very much appreciated .. yeah i know i have trouble with that full PM deal, HOXX gets on my case occasionally - Thx again for taking time to do this per my request my friend .. - You rock!

                      Originally posted by alex904 View Post
                      Thanks for recent updates! Map looks awesome. Old time. That was a signature for once #1 LGI UT99 clan {iDA}.
                      Hey thx Alex. - Just remember the first time you run this map on a server it will take some time to build the shader cache which could delay the start of the map; the first time you run it, - after that its on! ^^Booya!

                      Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
                      Hell Yeah! 1x could win a contest for his work. Guaranteed!!! I really like his remakes they really take you back.
                      Thx .. We'll win one on the next installment of the tourney .. Intel or Nvidia, perhaps ATI will get in on the action next time and sponsor some more MSUC, we'll be keeping an eye out and waiting for something like that.

                      Comment


                        Been trying out the CTF more lately and I can really notice the extra optimisations you put into it. Big THX again form me!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X