Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Gussie View Post
    Awesome remake. One of the very fun classics. The game play is killer, too. It is good to play a map were the bots are smart and play the map very well and not just hide in the bases.
    TY
    Nine! Thanks a bunch!

I agree, i've seen a few final maps where there was no AI pathing/defense points/scripted volumes what so ever, personally i feel that well functioning AI is crucial to a maps success (and the games for that matter) considering the amount of solo players (i'm guessing many of the PS/3 users will play custom content locally and never online or VS local network) and also considering the lack of populated servers we need a well working AI, even on more popular servers players come and go, there should be a minimum of 4-6 bots depending on the size of the map, otherwise people can stand around do nothing or they might as well just start an empty server themselves.

I have an update for this map that should be released sometime next week, for now the current build has no critical issues, matter of fact it looks and plays quite nice.

Not too shabby for a first final, With out knowing too many people here, i'm surprised more haven't commented .. good, bad or otherwise, i've deduced that CTF isn't quite as popular as DM on these forums, which is kind of the opposite of my preference.

- Its all good once way or the other. - Thanks for leaving a comment.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome remake. One of the very fun classics. The game play is killer, too. It is good to play a map were the bots are smart and play the map very well and not just hide in the bases.
    TY

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by poppersia View Post
    Nice map with great gameplay .

Lots of custom textures which look great

a solid remake , looking forward to your other projects when they are finished
    Hey thanks again for interest and the PS/3 cook. This map wasn't an easy remake as i said because of the shape of the bases and the arena, it was very hard to come up with plans for something that would work well and flow through the entire map and was (what i felt) worthy of UT3 (i'm far too picky with certain things) the map actually went through several transformations, i did spend several months on it; i'm about 80-90% satisfied with the overall outcome, but it was a great learning curve never the less, needed to brush up from my UT99 editing days.

Eventually, i'm actually going to release an update with a few tweaks and enhancements, additionally my buddy (HO0815XX) we'll call him HO, for shorts from now on and i are working on a BR-Football.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice map with great gameplay .

Lots of custom textures which look great

a solid remake , looking forward to your other projects when they are finished

Leave a comment:

• replied
    CTF-Football2K9 PS/3 has been successfully cooked and tested, evidently it works and plays fine, according to the Chef. Here is the download link, i will also update the original post with the links.

Props to my friend poppersia for doing this for the PS/3 community.

CTF-Football2K9-PS/3 Download

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the mirror, - your HD Flyby's are IMO; an invaluable contribution to the UT3 cause.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mirror + HD FlyBy

http://www.ut-x.net/View-document-de...T3-Remake.html
    or
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THoPhJnXZcA&fmt=22

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zerglings View Post
    I've played the map nice work on the remake again game play is good as well.

Looking forward to your next map.
    Excellent! glad the play is working well and there are no major bugs, i'm also glad you like it Zerg; i appreciate the compliments, i wasn't sure what kind of reaction to expect on this, i had a very hard time with the map because primarily of the curved shape of the bases, (lots of texture problems trying to make something that would work, shadow issues, color burns, etc.) and also the Stadium, its a tricky map todo IMO; between the enclosures and the openness.

We play tested CTF-RainBase last night, and i must say that is one heck of a fun map and a great CTF challenge. We play mostly against bots set to a setting of 7 on a dedicated server which is equivalent to (inhuman, just below godlike) we play with the Instagib mod 5 humans vs. 5 bots, its a blast we get together every other week to do this. We've desperately needed more fierce competition tight to medium quarters CTF maps in the UT3 community, i'm glad to be able to contribute to the cause.

Originally posted by TONY[-TOC-] View Post
    Nice! Will make for some intense battles on the field. It is on my server now, hope it becomes a fan favorite.
    Awesome, I fully agree.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice! Will make for some intense battles on the field. It is on my server now, hope it becomes a fan favorite.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've played the map nice work on the remake again game play is good as well.

Looking forward to your next map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
    Yes ! A BR-Version should be a good enhancement for this great map !

PS: I prefer >Relics<-BR
    Indeed! i was thinking the goal posts should be the goals, and maybe eliminate the inside bases? upper halls? both or none .... ??

I actually like the <Kilter> - BR. - should we do a coin toss to decide? Tell ya what; you do one i'll do the other perhaps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kazimira View Post
    Thankyou so much for this!
    Your welcome!

Originally posted by RelakS View Post
    The textures and the layout reminds me to the oldschool games, like Duke Nukem :]
    Thanks for the compliment. :=]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
    ..... Awesome! glad you like it and happy to hear its working like its supposed to...... yeah Deathball or even bombing run.
    Yes ! A BR-Version should be a good enhancement for this great map !

PS: I prefer >Relics<-BR

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
    Great work ! Plays very good (for me)
    And now we need a >Deathball<-mod for this fine arena

PS: Thanks for your >honorable mention<
    >YW. (i'd encourage you to put the same kind of quality and energy that you put into LavaG. into any other remakes/originals you release) - You did good man, you have some potential AFAIC<

Awesome! glad you like it and happy to hear its working like its supposed to...... yeah Deathball or even bombing run.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The textures and the layout reminds me to the oldschool games, like Duke Nukem :]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X