Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Axeman View Post
    Nice job on the UT3 conversion.
    Thanks for the credit as well. Appreciated.
    <T.Y.> Dude! we meet at last .. So your the author of the UT2K4 version .. (your practically a legend as far as i am concerned) - Really appreciate you coming here to make this post especially considering your last post on these official forums was nearly 2.5 years ago.

Your completely welcome for the credits and its an honor to meet / hear from ya. Hope to see ya around again.

Originally posted by Achernar View Post
    Nice update 1XTreme!

Just started playing BR after reading Stevelois's thread and so far your map is the best by far I've seen. I'd even say its a prefect fit for this mode.

PS been meaning to test out the V-sync option but have been side tracked, sorry.
    From my first run through I didn't notice any frame drops [stuttering graphics]. Well done and thanks for your work!

Cool! thx for getting back to me, yeah it should run better now .. (Thx again for the compliments, nice to hear) - Appreciate your feedback / testing. (the CTF version might be slightly more optimized than the BR version, I spent some extra time on it.)

Also the uncooked 1.4 that a select few had their hands on isn't quite the same as the released PC CTF 1.4 version, just so those guys know)

Comment

Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
      ..... (the CTF version might be slightly more optimized than the BR version, I spent some extra time on it.)
      Hmmm... did this mean, that I haven't used the actual version for BR-converting?

Comment

Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
        Hmmm... did this mean, that I haven't used the actual version for BR-converting?
        Well its very close .. ((I almost asked you if you wanted the version i spent that bit of extra time on, but you had the BR conversion done so nicely and my slow connection for uploads I figured i'd let it ride)

D/L and test the CTF version and you'll see some slight changes (the additional optimizations; are also so minor that i doubt they will matter for anyone with a 1/2 way decent system) - I'll upload the uncooked version for ya in you want to do a KBR map, or update your BR version. (Seriously have you tested the KBR mod, its very cool, feels a lot like UT2K4 BR) I have another brain-storm beside that i think might also be real slick i'll tell ya about sometime.

Comment

D/L and test the CTF version and you'll see some slight changes (the additional optimizations; are also so minor that i doubt they will matter for anyone with a 1/2 way decent system)
          Downloaded it again, it's the same that I've downloaded at Sept. 20.
          I haven't seen a significant difference.

Well its very close .. ((I almost asked you if you wanted the version i spent that bit of extra time on, but you had the BR conversion done so nicely and my slow connection for uploads I figured i'd let it ride)
          My fault.

... - I'll upload the uncooked version for ya in you want to do a KBR map, or update your BR version. (Seriously have you tested the KBR mod, its very cool, feels a lot like UT2K4 BR) I have another brain-storm beside that i think might also be real slick i'll tell ya about sometime.
          I haven't touched Kilter's BR at all. It was supposed as BR like in UT2K4. In UT2K4 I never liked the BR-mode.
          I think, that I like Warhe@d's BR has to do with: I followed the progress of the mod, reported bugs, warhead solved them and so on. And I like the ability for enhanced BR-gameplay.
          If you wish a KBR-version I'll take a try (or so).

Comment

Downloaded it again, it's the same that I've downloaded at Sept. 20.
            I haven't seen a significant difference.
            Did you notice a very slight difference from your BR version? check the floors near the link gun .. notice the trim in the halls <stair areas> leading to upper hauls .. <i also did a bit more culling on some of the animated stuff> - its all very minor as i've mentioned.

My fault.
            ? na no one's fault, if anything my connections fault.

I haven't touched Kilter's BR at all. It was supposed as BR like in UT2K4. In UT2K4 I never liked the BR-mode.
            I think, that I like Warhe@d's BR has to do with: I followed the progress of the mod, reported bugs, warhead solved them and so on. And I like the ability for enhanced BR-gameplay.
            If you wish a KBR-version I'll take a try (or so).
            That makes sense then, I completely see your point, also Warhe@d did a great job with his and it has the customizable goals and such which is quite slick ..

I'd love to have a KBR version of this map .. maybe i can upload the slightly modified uncooked 1.4 <same exact as current CTF> <or else you can use the same you've used previously, just tell me which>

Also .. - think about this real fast ..
            If your interested ..

Later <after you do the KBR> I'm going to make you a 'Chaos-Arena Stadium' from the field of this Football map (i'll make a dug-out / spawn pit / areas that lead to the field eliminate the inner bases & upper halls, we'll implement some obstacles on the field and you can place the bomb gates on the goals. Fast pace chaos! <We'll name it BR-Stadium, BR-Footballs little brother>

Comment

Do we need anything special to play the BR version of this map?

Comment

Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
                Do we need anything special to play the BR version of this map?
                You need the latest version of Relic's/Warhe@d's BR-mod (v. 3.22) and in this case (from the map's readme):
                Code:
                Special instructions: This br map is intentionally cooked (to protect the many custom assets included / built into the map) when you use this cooked br-map you should set the theme to >Pigskin<, and you must also use the included cooked >BombingRunGraphics.upk< or the game will crash.

Comment

Did you notice a very slight difference from your BR version? check the floors near the link gun .. notice the trim in the halls <stair areas> leading to upper hauls .. <i also did a bit more culling on some of the animated stuff> - its all very minor as i've mentioned.
                  I'll have a intense look tomorrow (with 2 computers)!
                  I'd love to have a KBR version of this map .. maybe i can upload the slightly modified uncooked 1.4 <same exact as current CTF> <or else you can use the same you've used previously, just tell me which>
                  I think, we should use the actual version, but before I must check out Kilter's BR, how it works.

Also .. - think about this real fast ..
                  If your interested ..

Later <after you do the KBR> I'm going to make you a 'Chaos-Arena Stadium' from the field of this Football map (i'll make a dug-out / spawn pit / areas that lead to the field eliminate the inner bases & upper halls, we'll implement some obstacles on the field and you can place the bomb gates on the goals. Fast pace chaos! <We'll name it BR-Stadium, BR-Footballs little brother>
                  Sounds interesting. Reminds me on an earlier idea, to have additional goals on this places, you know?

Comment

HoXX,

Sounds excellent, what i'll do meanwhile then is .. tonight when i goto sleep i'll start the upload.

Sounds interesting. Reminds me on an earlier idea, to have additional goals on this places, you know?
                    I do remember, (i think we abandon that idea because the double goals were just too crazy, + the AI really seemed to go brain-dead on multiple choice scoring) - I like the idea just the field <+ spawn rooms / pits> w/goals, pure chaos.............

@SkaarjMaster
                    Let us know how you like the BR version when ya get a chance.

<still waiting for a review on the CTF version one of these days as well> - Maybe we'll get lucky and you'll check all 3 versions .. There is a UT99 map <the original by John Paul 'Decker' Jones> and a UT2K4 <the 2004 version by Axeman.>

A brief history of Unreal Tournament Football:
                    (incidentally i mention strider in the credits because through my travels i learned that he possibly worked on Axeman's version at some point; evidently there was a script error spamming the server logs, the first one Ut99 had the same issue, ironically when i built this map there was a reverb error spamming the server log to death .. that Hoxx discovered, interesting parallels.
                    <sorry for the lengthy post, just call me 'Odedge'>

P.S. here is a link a link to the version Strider worked on ..
                    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=409754 <there are still working links, thx to mapraider.com

BTW, guys did i mention my son won his football game today? so far this season they are undefeated. <I'm so proud of that kid>

Comment

Checked! Looks good.
                      I'd love to have a KBR version of this map .. ......
                      Tested the mod, shouldn't be a problem!
                      I do remember, (i think we abandon that idea because the double goals were just too crazy, + the AI really seemed to go brain-dead on multiple choice scoring).............
                      Yes, I know that. This was a misunderstanding... I would only mention, that I (we) had the idea on an earlier stage.... (I mean the goals IN the arena)

Comment

"still waiting for a review on the CTF version one of these days as well"

You have 4 maps ahead of you, but I'm getting there. I don't have any old Football versions, so it will have to be a non-comparison review. I try to keep my UT3 as clean as possible and have all the mods I need, so I won't be reviewing the BR version. I was just hoping the BR version would automatically add a game type or something like that and run just fine like when new weapons are added to maps and stuff, but I guess it doesn't. Just thought I'd chime in for a heads up.

EDIT: this one's next.

Comment

Coolness!

Checked! Looks good.
                          Tested the mod, shouldn't be a problem!

Yes, I know that. This was a misunderstanding... I would only mention, that I (we) had the idea on an earlier stage.... (I mean the goals IN the arena)
                          Gotcha! sounds good then, i've uploaded the unpublished files and i'll PM you the links.

Also as far as the stadium 'arena' we'll look more into that one later when your ready.

Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post

You have 4 maps ahead of you, but I'm getting there.
                          -snip-
                          Take your time!

Comment

<T.Y.> Dude! we meet at last .. So your the author of the UT2K4 version .. (your practically a legend as far as i am concerned) - Really appreciate you coming here to make this post especially considering your last post on these official forums was nearly 2.5 years ago.

Your completely welcome for the credits and its an honor to meet / hear from ya. Hope to see ya around again.
                            I wouldn't go that far, but I appreciate it.
                            I haven't opened the editor in quite sometime, but am feeling like I want to and came here to see what levels were being made and came across this release. I really just want to do some design stuff and not bother with making a layout. I'm not going at doing layouts anyway. I may do a conversion of some sort as well.

Level looks really good. A good conversion. Had some good fun playing it the other day.

Comment

:doublethumb; -up:

Hey, i hope i haven't put you on the spot but seriously man you rock for bringing probably the single best custom CTF map from UT99 forward to UT2004, not only that but you've also done some other very nice levels.

I haven't opened the editor in quite sometime, but am feeling like I want to and came here to see what levels were being made and came across this release. I really just want to do some design stuff and not bother with making a layout. I'm not going at doing layouts anyway. I may do a conversion of some sort as well.
                              The editor has a way of drawing us back like that, i know what you mean .. - That's good news that your considering a new design or possibly a remake, I'd like to point you in the direction of the remake thread in my sig, see whats there, what's been asked for and think about what you want to do. We could really use a talented guy like yourself here in whats left of our skeleton crew community.

Level looks really good. A good conversion. Had some good fun playing it the other day.
                              Awesome man! - a great honor for me to hear that from the designer who brought CTF-Football forward from the first tourney to the 2nd, - happy to have brought it further along the chain of evolution.

Comment

Welcome back! It would be great to have a seasoned vet working on some new material. A real boost to the community

This map was a blast in 2004... good times
                                As is the UT3 remake

Comment

Working...
                                X