XS Vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Well, really big thanks for that. Gonna test it soon.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's a mutator/serveractor to fix the harpy issue:
    https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...ServerActor-PC

Leave a comment:

• replied
    **** forum. Looks like the previous post got truncated from the degree character on. Never use the degree character!

I've updated the post with relevant information to fix this issue. I might also try a mutator approach to fix it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh wow. Welcome back, Xyx?!.

The mesh in-game/in-editor is fine. It's shown properly. Only the AnimTree view is flipped. Once you remove the connection from the bones "front_axis" and "back_axis", the mesh is properly flipped (not upside down anymore).

Removed connections

The mesh is corrected and the harpy works fine in-game (playing). However, the physics aren't as good as they would have been (since the bending part is gone / won't do anything).

It looks like the Skelcontrol are working different to determine in which direction the bone should be rotated. If a bone should be rotated from -90 deg (270 def) to 180 deg. Will go forward or backwards. That said, the bonerotation is buggy the orientation of the mesh. Instead of rotating the bone 90 deg (180 deg but by default the strength slider is at 0.5) from the base rotation of -90 deg, it will result into -90 - 90deg = -180 deg = 180 deg. The mesh is upside down. Correctly it should do: -90 + 90 deg = 0 deg.

To fix the problem with the Harpy, the AnimTree must be corrected (could be done with a mutator I think):
    sc_FrontAxis.BoneRotation.Roll = 181 deg ( from 180)
    sc_BackAxis.BoneRotation.Roll = 179 deg ( from 180)

This would result the mesh rotation into the proper direction.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm sorry to hear that it's not working as intended. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to do any debugging. From the looks of it, the mesh is pitched 180 degrees. Perhaps you could experiment (either with the editor/debugger or with some console commands) to set the mesh's pitch to +180 degrees (or +32768 in rotator units, probably).

I'd give you the codes if I could, but it's been six years since I touched it and I don't remember exactly. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BomBerWill View Post
    Well I didn't use it at all, the XS one & the summon command do the same. Sadly it never worked for me.
    Seems like the anim tree is bugged. The nodes for the bones "front_axis" and "back_axis" are setup in that way the Harpy will get upside down. I tried to check the working setup but within a short time, I couldn't see the perfect setup. However, if you manipulate some of the values (BoneRotation), the harpy is swapped again. I really don't know if his UT3 2.1. Someone tried it with an older UT3?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I didn't use it at all, the XS one & the summon command do the same. Sadly it never worked for me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Interesting. I've downloaded the files and tested it. Same happened. Harpy is upside down. Even the Harpy 1.0 release isn't work. I am pretty sure I've also tested and played with Harpy with 2.0/2.1 years back. Strange. Maybe it was due to Snarf's vehicle replacement mutator.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To skip all the mundane questions :
    - I own a non-steam UT3, patch 2.1 + Titan + GamespyFix.
    - I download XS Vehicles from the mediafire link provide Here
    - I install it here : [C:\Users\Will\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\] with a simple copy/paste.
    - I tried yesterday with only this mutator installed : same result.
    - the Harpy is working : it flies, tractor beam/hammer impact/shields all work like describe but from the back instead of the front.
    - In the editor the Skel-Mesh of the harpy is in the correct position.
    - I tried to rotate the model in the editor : in game it was still in reverse but controls were reverse too.
    - Installing XS Prototype (different XSBase.u) doesn't change anything.

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
    How do you replace the vehicle?
    the one on the picture was replace with the XS Vehicle Set Mutator (XS Primary). the same happens if I use the command summon xs_harpy.harpy

Any Ideas ? could try to download it from a server. Is there any using the Harpy ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You need the full UC to bring it to a factory

The directory is UTGameContent reference but example

UTGameContent.UTVehicleFactory_Raptor.uc

class UTVehicleFactory_Raptor extends UTVehicleFactory;

defaultproperties
    {
    Begin Object Name=SVehicleMesh
    SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'VH_Raptor.Mesh.SK_VH_Rap tor' // your mesh in editor
    End Object

Components.Remove(Sprite)

Begin Object Name=CollisionCylinder // global space enter in editor
    CollisionHeight=+80.0
    CollisionRadius=+100.0
    End Object

VehicleClassPath="UTGameContent.UTVehicle_Raptor_C ontent" // yourmod.UTVehicle_yourraptor_Content in editor
    DrawScale=1.3 // Scale mesh in editor
    }
    UTVehicle_Raptor_Content

defaultproperties
    {
    Begin Object Name=CollisionCylinder // global space enter in game
    CollisionHeight=70.0
    CollisionRadius=140.0
    Translation=(X=-40.0,Y=0.0,Z=40.0)
    End Object

Begin Object Name=SVehicleMesh
    SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'VH_Raptor.Mesh.SK_VH_Rap tor' // your mesh in editor
    AnimTreeTemplate=AnimTree'VH_Raptor.Anims.AT_VH_Ra ptor'
    PhysicsAsset=PhysicsAsset'VH_Raptor.Anims.SK_VH_Ra ptor_Physics'
    MorphSets[0]=MorphTargetSet'VH_Raptor.Mesh.SK_VH_Raptor_MorphT argets'
    End Object

DrawScale=1.3 // Scale mesh in game

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BomBerWill View Post
    Sorry for the revive but I got a bug on the Harpy. Wondering if someone know a way around it.

Got this bug with every harpy release (even older one) : the harpy is upsidedown & the back is now the front........

See the full picture
    How do you replace the vehicle?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Humm....

It is strange, I've never had this bug with this mode.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry for the revive but I got a bug on the Harpy. Wondering if someone know a way around it.

Got this bug with every harpy release (even older one) : the harpy is upsidedown & the back is now the front........

See the full picture

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1556

Your vehiclepack found its way onto the biggest ut3 archive

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And how exactly do I do that?

*Edit: Okay, I am in the UTGameContent.u file, and have found the classes for Vehicle Factories. So now I have more questions. Can I just make an entry and it will appear, or do I need to include references for where the files are? Secondly, what would I separate the Harpy reference and the references above and below with? There is no discernable pattern to what symbols follow which line. Any help would be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X