No announcement yet.

XS Vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just looked at my own log file and I found the same message that pops up before the game starts. It mentions this mod directly and I believe this is why this mod won't work when I try it.

Code:
    Error: Error, Ambiguous package name: Using 'c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\Script\XS_Base.u', not 'c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\XS\Script\XS_Base.u'
    It seems to want to refer to my installation in the steam folder instead of the 'my documents' folder where I would usualy unstall them. Though I know nothing of programming, I'm making the baseless assumption that this is causing the problem; Or at least my problem. It doesn't seem to refer to a folder that actualy exists or has been made either as neither the folder structure for 'my documents' or the steam instalation folder seem to match.

Comment

Your website, http://www.xsmod.com/xyx, don't works.

Comment

Originally posted by iced-fang View Post
        nope im guessing that is why none of the other are showing up.
        Well, you obviously need to install the prototypes if you want to use the prototypes...

Originally posted by iced-fang View Post
        a tutorial shows up over and over and OVER AGAIN!!!
        That is the XS Vehicles Tutorial mutator. Just turn it off once you've seen it.

Originally posted by Tombot View Post
        Error, Ambiguous package name
        Something got misplaced in an earlier install of some XS stuff. The only XS_Base.u file you should have is the one in UTGame\Published\CookedPC\XS\Script\.

Originally posted by Whom massacre you View Post
        Your website, http://www.xsmod.com/xyx, don't works.
        It is sadly departed. The hosting costs went up dramatically, so we let it go. We'll re-host it somewhere else "soon".

Comment

I read what you put and I found a second xs_base.u file in a different folder. After deleting it and two others I found there the error message disappeared and the vehicles spawned without crashing and everything works fine now! To anyone else who has this problem: check for anomalous files from old versions and delete anything not how it is in the zip folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombot View Post
            I read what you put and I found a second xs_base.u file in a different folder. After deleting it and two others I found there the error message disappeared and the vehicles spawned without crashing and everything works fine now! To anyone else who has this problem: check for anomalous files from old versions and delete anything not how it is in the zip folder.
            Good that you got it running, its all in the log files

Comment

None of the links to the prototypes seems to work.

Comment

Question for you Xyx... Can your vehicle replacer mod do the following during the play of a map: Rotate the raptor, cicada and Harpy at say a raptor spawn? When one vehicle is used or destroyed it spawns the next one in the list at the raptor spot... If not could this be added in?

Comment

I very much doubt Farseer will be updating the mutator any further. Such an addition would be non-trivial since it requires a user interface overhaul.

Comment

hey guys. this is my problem. i get the same anomaly that's going on with all the others. the game keeps crashing

=========starts===========
                    Log: >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Initial startup: 113.75s <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
                    ScriptLog: Retrieving Profile Settings for UI PlayerIndex 0
                    Log: Changing subtitle setting, new value: 1
                    ScriptLog: UTPlayerController - Setting netspeed to 10000
                    Log: FSTUNClient resolved stunserver.org (132.177.123.13)
                    Log: FSTUNClient starting test 1...
                    MapMixer Info: >> Attempting to login with name 'placidd' bLocalOnly: False
                    Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Localization\int\UTGameUI.int
                    ScriptLog: Login change...requerying profile data
                    Log: Performing DNS lookup for stun.xten.com
                    Log: FSTUNClient resolved stun.xten.com (75.101.138.128)
                    Log: FSTUNClient starting test 1...
                    Log: FSTUNClient starting test 2...
                    Log: FSTUNClient test timeout, NAT is strict.
                    ScriptLog: UTPlayerController::OnReadProfileSettingsComplete( ) - bWasSuccessful: True, ControllerId: 0
                    ScriptLog: Retrieving Profile Settings for UI PlayerIndex 0
                    Log: Changing subtitle setting, new value: 1
                    ScriptLog: UTPlayerController - Setting netspeed to 10000
                    Log: Browse: WAR-Torlan?Name=placidd?team=0?Game=UTGameContent.UTOn slaughtGame_Content?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MaxLiv es=0?ForceRespawn=False?SpawnProtectionTime=2.0000 ?QuickStart=?demo=?Mutator=MapMixer.MapMixer,VH_Tr ickboard.UTTrickboardMutator,XS_Vehicles.XSVehicle s_Mutator?bAutoNumBots=false?NumPlay=14?MaxPlayers =14?RedNumPlay=7?BlueNumPlay=7?Difficulty=2.0000
                    Log: Award progress has now been fully reenabled!
                    Log: LoadMap: WAR-Torlan?Name=placidd?team=0?Game=UTGameContent.UTOn slaughtGame_Content?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MaxLiv es=0?ForceRespawn=False?SpawnProtectionTime=2.0000 ?QuickStart=?demo=?Mutator=MapMixer.MapMixer,VH_Tr ickboard.UTTrickboardMutator,XS_Vehicles.XSVehicle s_Mutator?bAutoNumBots=false?NumPlay=14?MaxPlayers =14?RedNumPlay=7?BlueNumPlay=7?Difficulty=2.0000
                    ScriptLog: Desc: Warfare
                    Log: Starting memory preloaded movie...UT_loadmovie2 (Intel_Duo_Logo)
                    Log: Waiting for memory preloaded movie to finish loading ...
                    Log: Playing movie [UT_loadmovie2]
                    Log: Got memory preloaded movie event!!!
                    Log: ClearAllAnimSetLinkupCaches - Took 17.46ms
                    ScriptLog: Clearing online delegates for UTEntryPlayerController_0 (Player:LocalPlayer_0)
                    Log: Virtual memory allocation size: 257.11 MByte (269598720 Bytes)
                    Log: Physical memory allocation size: 0.00 MByte (0 Bytes)
                    Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Localization\int\WAR-Torlan.int
                    Log: Game class is 'UTOnslaughtGame_Content'
                    Log: Primary PhysX scene will be in software.
                    Log: Creating Primary PhysX Scene.
                    Log: Novodex Terrain Creation (Terrain_0): 11.880763 ms
                    Log: Novodex Terrain Creation (Terrain_3): 4.289303 ms
                    PerfWarning: InstanceGeom: 21.071270 ms - 2121 Convex, Terrain 16.101662 ms, PerTriSM 0.000000 ms, InitArticulated 1.768880 ms, BodyInst Alloc 12.368586 ms, InitBody 80.151908 ms
                    PerfWarning: NxActor Creation: 42.459778 ms
                    Log: Bringing World WAR-Torlan.TheWorld up for play (0) at 2009.11.26-21.06.34
                    ScriptLog: Mutators MapMixer.MapMixer,VH_Trickboard.UTTrickboardMutato r,XS_Vehicles.XSVehicles_Mutator
                    Log: A mod has been loaded via file 'VH_Trickboard', award progress has been disabled...
                    ScriptLog: XS (XSVehicles_Mutator_0): Per-map set assignment function activated for map WAR-Torlan with a link setup: none
                    ScriptLog: XS (XSVehicles_Mutator_0): No red-team set specified for the map, falling back to the replacements from the mutator's UI.
                    ScriptLog: XS (XSVehicles_Mutator_0): No blue-team set specified for the map, falling back to the replacements from the mutator's UI.
                    ScriptLog: XS (XSVehicles_Mutator_0): No neutral set specified for the map, falling back to the replacements from the mutator's UI.
                    ScriptLog: XS (XSVehicles_Mutator_0): Kismet modifying function activated for map WAR-Torlan with a link setup: none
                    ScriptLog: XS (XSVehicles_Mutator_0): No set specified for the map's Kismet sequences, falling back to the replacements from the mutator's UI.
                    ScriptLog: XS (XSVehicles_Mutator_0): A vehicle of class XS_Basilisk.Basilisk replaces UTGameContent.UTVehicle_Hellbender_Content in factory UTVehicleFactory_HellBender_2 for the Red team.
                    ScriptLog: XS (XSVehicles_Mutator_0): A vehicle of class XS_Basilisk.Basilisk replaces UTGameContent.UTVehicle_Hellbender_Content in factory UTVehicleFactory_HellBender_2 for the Blue team.
                    ScriptLog: XS (XSVehicles_Mutator_0): A vehicle of class XS_Basilisk.Basilisk replaces UTGameContent.UTVehicle_Hellbender_Content in factory UTVehicleFactory_HellBender_3 for the Red team.
                    ScriptLog: XS (XSVehicles_Mutator_0): A vehicle of class XS_Basilisk.Basilisk replaces UTGameContent.UTVehicle_Hellbender_Content in factory UTVehicleFactory_HellBender_3 for the Blue team.
                    ScriptLog: XS (XSVehicles_Mutator_0): A vehicle of class XS_Harpy.Harpy replaces UTGameContent.UTVehicle_Raptor_Content in factory UTVehicleFactory_Raptor_0 for the Red team.
                    ScriptLog: XS (XSVehicles_Mutator_0): A vehicle of class XS_Harpy.Harpy replaces UTGameContent.UTVehicle_Raptor_Content in factory UTVehicleFactory_Raptor_0 for the Blue team.
                    ScriptLog: XS (XSVehicles_Mutator_0): A vehicle of class XS_Harpy.Harpy replaces UTGameContent.UTVehicle_Raptor_Content in factory UTVehicleFactory_Raptor_3 for the Red team.
                    ScriptLog: XS (XSVehicles_Mutator_0): A vehicle of class XS_Harpy.Harpy replaces UTGameContent.UTVehicle_Raptor_Content in factory UTVehicleFactory_Raptor_3 for the Blue team.
                    ScriptLog: XS (XSVehicles_Mutator_0): A vehicle of class XS_Harpy.Harpy replaces UTGameContent.UTVehicle_Cicada_Content in factory UTVehicleFactory_Cicada_0 for the Red team.
                    ScriptLog: XS (XSVehicles_Mutator_0): A vehicle of class XS_Harpy.Harpy replaces UTGameContent.UTVehicle_Cicada_Content in factory UTVehicleFactory_Cicada_0 for the Blue team.
                    ScriptLog: bAutoNumBots: False
                    ScriptLog: Current map was not found within the active map list
                    ScriptLog: Destroying WebServer
                    ScriptLog: Activating link setup Default
                    ScriptWarning: UTOnslaughtFlag_Content WAR-Torlan.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTOnslaughtFlag_Co ntent_0 (Function UTGame.UTOnslaughtFlag:SetTeam:0059) Accessed None 'OldTeam'
                    ScriptWarning: UTOnslaughtFlag_Content WAR-Torlan.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTOnslaughtFlag_Co ntent_0 (Function UTGame.UTOnslaughtFlag:SetTeam:0061) Attempt to assign variable through None
                    ScriptWarning: UTOnslaughtFlag_Content WAR-Torlan.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTOnslaughtFlag_Co ntent_1 (Function UTGame.UTOnslaughtFlag:SetTeam:0059) Accessed None 'OldTeam'
                    ScriptWarning: UTOnslaughtFlag_Content WAR-Torlan.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTOnslaughtFlag_Co ntent_1 (Function UTGame.UTOnslaughtFlag:SetTeam:0061) Attempt to assign variable through None
                    Log: Bringing up level for play took: 1.237574
                    ScriptLog: UTPlayerController::OnReadProfileSettingsComplete( ) - bWasSuccessful: True, ControllerId: 0
                    Log: UTPlayerController_0 got player LocalPlayer_0
                    ScriptLog: UTPlayerController::ClientSetOnlineStatus() - Setting online status for ControllerId: 0
                    Log: ########### Finished loading level: 10.369547 seconds
                    Warning: Warning, Missing Class 'Class XS_Base.XS_HoverVehicle' referenced by package 'XS_Basilisk'. Classes should not be removed if referenced by content; mark the class 'deprecated' instead.
                    Critical: appError called:
                    Critical: Assertion failed: GIsEditor || GetSuperClass() || this==UObject::StaticClass() [File:.\Src\UnClass.cpp] [Line: 1975]
                    Unable to bind XS_Basilisk.Basilisk at this time
                    Stack:
                    Critical: Windows GetLastError: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed. (299)
                    Log: === Critical error: ===
                    Assertion failed: GIsEditor || GetSuperClass() || this==UObject::StaticClass() [File:.\Src\UnClass.cpp] [Line: 1975]
                    Unable to bind XS_Basilisk.Basilisk at this time
                    Stack:

RaiseException() Address = 0x7c812a6b (filename not found)
                    CxxThrowException() Address = 0x78158e89 (filename not found)
                    Address = 0xbb4c52 (filename not found)
                    Address = 0xe8781b4c (filename not found)

Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
                    Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
                    Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
                    Exit: UALAudioDevice::ShutdownAfterError
                    Log: Shutting down FaceFX...
                    Log: FaceFX shutdown.
                    Exit: Exiting.
                    Exit: Name subsystem shutting down
                    Uninitialized: Log file closed, 11/26/09 21:06:47

==============ends==========

i do have titan pack installed, patch 2.1, and it's in the my games/ ut3 directory...

fixed it. the problem was i had about 4 copies of xs_base.u, and the only right one was in my documents/.../xs/script/xs_base.u this thing is awesome

Comment

Looks like you did not install the mod properly. Or perhaps you did not uninstall a previous version. Get rid of all files starting with "XS_" and try again.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                        I very much doubt Farseer will be updating the mutator any further. Such an addition would be non-trivial since it requires a user interface overhaul.
                        Sure? Only changing the function of the "Randomize-per-factory" checkbox...

Comment

Well, the whole game is broken now.

I downloaded and installed XS (forgetting i had installed harpy before)
                          I then deleted all the XS files includinng harpy (which i accidently installed to C:\program files)
                          I reinstalled XS vehicles.

Now every time I try to start UT3 i get an "application error"

Comment

look for all the files from all the XS mods, and delete them if the game does not work after that then just uninstall the game, delete program files\unreal tournament 3 and re-install the game.

sometimes it's quicker to re-install than to figure out what the issue is.

Comment

Well its working now.
                              But there is a strange problem.

I can load up a map and play with XS vehicles but then if I try to start a new game it'll just crash and I have to restart the PC to get it to work again.

Comment

does it freeze when you finish a match, and it takes you to the post-game loding screen?

Comment

Working...
                                X