X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by 2B=M View Post
    Superb work! These look amazing!

On a side note. There still don't seem to be plans for any scorpion/manta replacement vehicles. Small fast disposable things, you know?
    Yeah, the vehicles you currently have are great, but are kind of slow and hard to drive. I'd like to see some vehicles that are fast and/or so absurd (like a scavenger) that you can just mess around with for fun (like a scorpion).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Again I wish to state that my version of UT3 has been downloaded from steam. and that the previous version worked fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Xyx, I am aware that using -nohomedir demands caution when installing mods etc. Tell me what you need and maybe I can provide the info. What is different between Harpy 1.0 and this MSU4 release. The 1.0 works without a problem. To prefent problem with a custom map I test on Avalanche.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dark_Slayer View Post
    No muts at all and I tried to summon it without success.
    Originally posted by ElfjeTwaalfje View Post
    Same problems here. As soon as I start a map I have a crash to the desktop. I run with the -nohomedir option.
    Originally posted by Tombot View Post
    I'm having the crashing problem that others are having
    Am I correct in that you all have some sort of nonstandard installation? Not that that should be a problem... it should work for everyone, of course. Just wondering if that could be related to the problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by iced-fang View Post
    ok i tested out the vehicles finally but i can only select the harpy and the basilisk what happened here
    Did you install the prototypes?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 2B=M View Post
    There still don't seem to be plans for any scorpion/manta replacement vehicles. Small fast disposable things, you know?
    We're fighting a natural tendency to produce big vehicles... We made them as small as we could already.

I had plans for a small monowheel with layz0r grappling hooks and a self-destruct mechanism. Some patch broke it, and I didn't have time to get it into shape. Maybe later. It would make a good Scorpion replacement.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok i tested out the vehicles finally but i can only select the harpy and the basilisk what happened here

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mind = Blown

Superb work! These look amazing!

On a side note. There still don't seem to be plans for any scorpion/manta replacement vehicles. Small fast disposable things, you know?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm having the crashing problem that others are having, I also have this odd pop-up message when I start the game stating that a file has been moved or some such with this installed. I have the steam version if you are wondering, but the previous release of the harpy works fine. I'm hazarding a guess that this problem could be fixed by editing an ini file or somthing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dark_Slayer View Post
    UT3 without your muts works perfectly fine.
    Same problems here. As soon as I start a map I have a crash to the desktop. I run with the -nohomedir option. Removed the XSVehiclesMSUC4 package and reinstalled the "old" XS-Harpy and all is fine now. So only problems with MSU4 package.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx View Post
    We had lots more plans for the Cyclops but we ran out of time. These plans included passenger turrets that fired remote controlled stuff.

The shockwave deals damage on each "scanline", so bigger target = lots of scanlines = lots of damage. Fastest way to take out another Cyclops. Also might get changed, though. Maybe I'll restrict the damage to a certain % of vehicle health in the case of very large vehicles.
    I'd be happy if you just glued turrets to it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Still only the UTGameContent log errors?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx View Post
    Just to be sure... You started a match without our mutators, and then summoned the Cyclops?
    That is correct. No muts at all and I tried to summon it without success.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We had lots more plans for the Cyclops but we ran out of time. These plans included passenger turrets that fired remote controlled stuff.

The shockwave deals damage on each "scanline", so bigger target = lots of scanlines = lots of damage. Fastest way to take out another Cyclops. Also might get changed, though. Maybe I'll restrict the damage to a certain % of vehicle health in the case of very large vehicles.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It took a few tries, but I finally got the replacement mutator to work. I think you have done an awesome job, I love tossing people around with the harpy and blasting the **** out of things with the phoenix. My only suggestion is that you give that crystal ship some stinger turret seats or passenger seats (a ship that big and easy to hit might as well have some form of defense, and I like the concept of a flying leviathan), and maybe tone the skockwave down a bit, it kills a behemoth in two blasts

Leave a comment:

Working...
X