No announcement yet.

XS Vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you absolutely sure you have both the latest patch and the Titan Pack installed? As Xyx said - UTGameContent is Epic's stock package, so version compatibility issues are the first thing that comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Farseer View Post
      Are you absolutely sure you have both the latest patch and the Titan Pack installed? As Xyx said - UTGameContent is Epic's stock package, so version compatibility issues are the first thing that comes to mind.
      I'm always up to date, because I play mainly online, SO latest patch and titanpack are a must have for me.

Comment

now i dont really like to copy the utgame folder from files then paste them in the original games place cuz im not sure wat will happen to the stuff that i have already downloaded and put into the game like mutators, weapons, characters, maps and more. so my important question is does copying the utgame folder from files then pasting them in the original games utgame folder place get rid of everything i have ever downloaded and put in the game or no?

or is there another way i can put the files in the utgame folder without having to copy the utgame folders

Comment

Copy+pasting a folder like UTGame and overwriting the UTGame folder in Windows will not "get rid of" anything. It will overwrite files that are named exactly the same and add any new ones to the folder that you are copying into.

In the case of our mod, overwriting the UTGame folder with the archive's will add various XS config files into UTGame/Config and will also add a folder called "XS" in your UTGame/Published/CookedPC folder. You shouldn't "lose" anything, and you shouldn't overwrite anything, unless you already had XS stuff installed previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Slayer View Post
            I tried to summon the Cyclops but the game crashed again...
            Just to be sure... You started a match without our mutators, and then summoned the Cyclops?

Originally posted by iced-fang View Post
            is there another way i can put the files in the utgame folder without having to copy the utgame folders
            If you are wary of letting Windows overwrite the folder, you can manually move the contents to the correct destination. That way you'll see that they won't overwrite anything. However, some people that try this mess up, putting stuff into the wrong folder structure. That is why most mods are shipped with the whole UTGame folder structure already in place. Go ahead and try, but if it doesn't work the first thing we'll tell you is to clean up all the files and redo it our way.

Comment

Summoning the Cyclops with/without the mutator doesn't make UT3 crash for me and plus you can run the vehicles without Titan Pack.

Comment

It took a few tries, but I finally got the replacement mutator to work. I think you have done an awesome job, I love tossing people around with the harpy and blasting the **** out of things with the phoenix. My only suggestion is that you give that crystal ship some stinger turret seats or passenger seats (a ship that big and easy to hit might as well have some form of defense, and I like the concept of a flying leviathan), and maybe tone the skockwave down a bit, it kills a behemoth in two blasts

Comment

We had lots more plans for the Cyclops but we ran out of time. These plans included passenger turrets that fired remote controlled stuff.

The shockwave deals damage on each "scanline", so bigger target = lots of scanlines = lots of damage. Fastest way to take out another Cyclops. Also might get changed, though. Maybe I'll restrict the damage to a certain % of vehicle health in the case of very large vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                    Just to be sure... You started a match without our mutators, and then summoned the Cyclops?
                    That is correct. No muts at all and I tried to summon it without success.

Comment

Still only the UTGameContent log errors?

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                        We had lots more plans for the Cyclops but we ran out of time. These plans included passenger turrets that fired remote controlled stuff.

The shockwave deals damage on each "scanline", so bigger target = lots of scanlines = lots of damage. Fastest way to take out another Cyclops. Also might get changed, though. Maybe I'll restrict the damage to a certain % of vehicle health in the case of very large vehicles.
                        I'd be happy if you just glued turrets to it

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Slayer View Post
                          UT3 without your muts works perfectly fine.
                          Same problems here. As soon as I start a map I have a crash to the desktop. I run with the -nohomedir option. Removed the XSVehiclesMSUC4 package and reinstalled the "old" XS-Harpy and all is fine now. So only problems with MSU4 package.

Comment

I'm having the crashing problem that others are having, I also have this odd pop-up message when I start the game stating that a file has been moved or some such with this installed. I have the steam version if you are wondering, but the previous release of the harpy works fine. I'm hazarding a guess that this problem could be fixed by editing an ini file or somthing.

Comment

Mind = Blown

Superb work! These look amazing!

On a side note. There still don't seem to be plans for any scorpion/manta replacement vehicles. Small fast disposable things, you know?

Comment

ok i tested out the vehicles finally but i can only select the harpy and the basilisk what happened here

Comment

Working...
                                X