Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

XS Vehicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XS Vehicles

XS Vehicles
    Full release, 2009-08-31

Six exotic and original implements of destruction.

The XS Vehicles mod entered the MSUC in two parts. Our primary entry, XS Vehicles, contains the Basilisk and the Harpy, two exceedingly polished vehicles, cream of the crop. Our secondary entry, XS Prototypes, contains the Behemoth, Cyclops, Manticore and Phoenix.

The mod includes a vehicle set replacement mutator and an in-game tutorial mutator to get you right into the action.

Features

The Basilisk
    Anti-air and artillery antigrav platform with energy ball propulsion, a quad-barrel airbust flak turret, a siege mortar with remote cameras and warheads and a plasma deflector shield.
    [shot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/791295/UT3/XS/Basilisk/Basilisk05.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/791295/UT3/XS/Basilisk/Basilisk04.jpg[/shot]

The Harpy
    VTOL aircraft with a tractorbeam, impact hammers and energy shields.
    [shot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/791295/UT3/XS/Harpy/Harpy02.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/791295/UT3/XS/Harpy/16.jpg[/shot]

The Behemoth
    Mobile powercore with nodebuster cannon, tracer rounds, guided rockets and teleport beacon.
    [shot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/791295/UT3/XS/Behemoth/Behemoth%20%281%29.jpg[/shot]

The Cyclops
    Crystal farming shuttle with crystal-growing energy beam and 2-dimensional shockwave.
    [shot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/791295/UT3/XS/Cyclops/Cyclops%20%281%29.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/791295/UT3/XS/Cyclops/Cyclops%20%284%29.jpg[/shot]

The Manticore
    Wing-In-Ground-Effect craft with photon artillery cannon, jumpjets and reinforced armor.
    [shot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/791295/UT3/XS/Manticore/Manticore02.jpg[/shot]

The Phoenix
    Bomber with charging bomb, energy shield and air mines.
    [shot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/791295/UT3/XS/Phoenix/Phoenix01.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/791295/UT3/XS/Phoenix/Phoenix%20%283%29.jpg[/shot]

The Vehicle Set Replacement mutator
    Replace any combination of vehicles with any other, for either or both teams. Comes preconfigured.
    [shot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/791295/UT3/XS/Replacement%20mutator/ReplacementMutator1.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/791295/UT3/XS/Replacement%20mutator/ReplacementMutator2.jpg[/shot]

In-game tutorials
    Each vehicle gradually introduces you to its features and tactics.
    [shot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/791295/UT3/XS/Tutorial/Tutorial2.jpg[/shot]

Credits
    • Xyx
      Concept, gameplay design, code, project organization.
    • T-Shinzon
      Concept art, 3D-modelling, sound, promotional media.
    • Farseer
      Texturing, animation, visual effects, netcode, packaging.

Download

Installation
    1. Download XS Vehicles and XS Prototypes.
    2. Copy the UTGame folders from the XS Vehicles and then XS Prototypes downloads into your Unreal Tournament 3 folder. Note that it has to be in this order.
    3. Enable the Vehicle Set Replacement mutator.
    4. Enable the XS Vehicles Tutorial mutator. It will tell you what you need to know, when you need to know it.
    5. Play!

FAQ
    • Do I have to download and install both XS Vehicles and XS Prototypes?
      No. Either one is a standalone product. But why stop at one?
    • Do I have to configure the mutators?
      No. You can reconfigure the Vehicle Set Replacement mutator if you like, but you do not have to; we preconfigured it for you.
    • Will there be an update?
      Likely. We made a Behemoth model, but it had some issues we couldn't fix in time so we cunningly disguised it as an oversized Goliath. We also didn't have time to make a custom Cyclops model, so we cunningly disguised it as the Heatray shuttle. Finally, we plan to update several of the visual effects.
    • These vehicles are <insert opinion>!
      Please post any and all constructive criticism and/or praise.
    • Will there be a PS3 cook?
      Feel free to cook it. However, if you make any changes whatsoever, you may not release it without our prior explicit permission.

Those screenshots look amazing! PS3 cook in the future?

Comment

Very cool

Lets hope these see play on VCTF and WAR servers.

Comment

WOW !

Absolutely amazing work. Great team

I already use The Harpy since it's final but I miss out the Basilisk, I must be blind lol !

So if I understand correctly, all of them are in final state ?

THX for your hard work guy's & GL for phase 4

Comment

Superb! Awesome!! Outstanding!!! I'm running out of superlatives here...

Great to see that it's finally done, best of luck in the MSUC. I doubt that you'll need it, though, because imho the only explanation for anyone not rating this first place in the vehicles category would be serious brain damage.

I can't wait to get home form work this afternoon to be able to get my hands on this. Great job, guys!

Comment

When try to cook this mod???

Comment

Originally posted by SecondSoul View Post
              PS3 cook in the future?
              I should have seen that coming. PS3 cooking is a hassle, so not by me. However, feel free to get someone else to cook it. Just don't distribute it without our explicit prior permission if any changes whatsoever are made.

Or... get your PS3 player buddies to bug Epic about patching PS3 UT3 to load uncooked PC mods. They made the process a pain for all of us, after all, and they're the only ones who can change that.

Originally posted by Thanubis
              Would you be willing to release the source code for your replacement mutator?
              You'd have to ask Farseer. It's his work. I believe he released it separately as well.

The Manticore has serious trouble going up hills.
              By design. It's a hovercraft, they slide. The tutorial should mention engaging the gravitic stabilization (Crouch) to help it climb slopes (rather slow, but steady).

It's also rather hard to see where you are aiming because the cannon is blocking your view.
              Did you change the camera angle? Use the mouse wheel.

Actually, please tell me this... did you use the tutorial? It should have explained this, but if it wasn't clear, we'll have to rewrite it.

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
              all of them are in final state ?
              Yes and no. Basilisk and Harpy won't be updated any further. Harpy got a few visual updates since last year. The other four still have some visual tweaks coming that didn't make the deadline.

Originally posted by Starkiller160793 View Post
              When try to cook this mod???
              Someone already asked. Don't pester the modders, mkay? That gives the PS3 crowd a bad name.

Comment

The Behemot has some problems. At first, I wold change its name, If you say "I've killed a Behemot), it can be a Super Titan (Juggernout evolution in...) otr this. Then, if playd with a custom replacement set, and replaces a "owned-node dependent" vehicle, this is, a vehicle that needs one or more nodes in your possesion to respawn and continue in-game, if one of the dependent nodes is destroyed, the vehicle is destroyed, altough you were driving it (such the Leviathan of BattleFront or the Darkwalker and Leviathan from ZeroImpact). When you start driving it, your core is unpowered and the nucleum passes to the Behemoth, but if one of the dependent nodes is destroyed or "enemy-orbed", the Behemot is destroyed, but the core not. The map-marker of your core will remain were the Behemot exploded, alough there is no Behemot here. So, the other team has virtually won the battle: Altough you don't have any core to be shooted, when the time is out, the enemy should have in his possesion all the linked nodes in the map, so you core health will decrease very quicly. The only way I have discovered to win the match if you have lost your Behemot is, if this/those Behemot node/s aren't likend (can be captured at any), and you still have the oportunity to capture them and adquire another Behemot, the map marker will be corrected and follow your new tank, but the enemy shouldn't have too many problems destroing one dependent node again.

Edit: Ah, and yes, I'm using the tutorial, althoug it ( the tutorial) should be much better if you put a sandbox or demo map, with all your vehicles and some stupid bots. Confused about the "Shield" of the phoenix

Comment

I found a problem with the behemoth (i think) i was messing around with it and was firing the normal cannon i then pressed the right click while firing and the cannon went super fast i dont know if this is glitch or not but just in case

Comment

I can't really see where I'm aiming at with the Cyclops because the vehicle is blocking the crosshair. But all the other vehicles are awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Whom massacre you View Post
                      I wold change its name
                      Exactly what is wrong with "Behemoth"? You're telling me that there is a problem, but you're not telling me what the problem is. Am I supposed to read your mind now?

if playd with a custom replacement set, and replaces a "owned-node dependent" vehicle, this is, a vehicle that needs one or more nodes in your possesion to respawn and continue in-game, if one of the dependent nodes is destroyed, the vehicle is destroyed, altough you were driving it (such the Leviathan of BattleFront or the Darkwalker and Leviathan from ZeroImpact).
                      This is a map specific feature that is not directly related to the Behemoth. Whoever made those maps decided that if those specific nodes are destroyed, any vehicles associated with those nodes are also destroyed. That is obviously not going to work well with the Behemoth.

We'll have a look and see if we can detect when the mapper has set up such an event. Then we can simply make the Behemoth unpowered.

For now, just don't replace those vehicles with Behemoths on those maps. The Vehicle Set Replacement mutator allows you to configure replacements on a per-map basis if necessary. Or just don't get into the Behemoth. Bots won't if you won't.

it ( the tutorial) should be much better if you put a sandbox or demo map, with all your vehicles and some stupid bots.
                      Doesn't that describe pretty much every Warfare map? Why should we make a map specifically for this purpose?

Confused about the "Shield" of the phoenix
                      Again... do you expect me to read your mind now?

Comment

Originally posted by DaemonicKnight View Post
                        I found a problem with the behemoth (i think) i was messing around with it and was firing the normal cannon i then pressed the right click while firing and the cannon went super fast
                        That's a rare glitch that I hoped I had fixed. I'll have another look at it.

Originally posted by D34th5trike View Post
                        I can't really see where I'm aiming at with the Cyclops because the vehicle is blocking the crosshair.
                        In that case the tutorial should specifically have explained to you that you should use a different camera angle. Did you miss that or is there something wrong with the tutorial?

Comment

I love that camera control and auto-toot are already in there. I did notice a little odd bot behavior when I was in the Basilisk. I changed seats with a bot (making him the driver) and his turret just keep on spinning. I ordered my bot to attack and that go him out of the spin. In regards to the PS3, The Harpy/Basilisk still crash (freeze the PS3) whenever they are shot/damaged (enforcer, linkgun, avril etc). The PS3 has no log file so crashes can't be diagnosed. I just thought I would try again, I made no changes to your original code.

Comment

Oh, I forgot to turn on the tutorial
                            But I've already got the hang of all the vehicles.
                            Loving the Phoenix

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                              That's a rare glitch that I hoped I had fixed. I'll have another look at it.
                              Really? Was happening every time i got in it 4 me.

Comment

Working...
                              X