Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Community Bonus Pack 3: Volume 4.2 [PS3 VOLUME 3&4 RELEASED!!!]

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got all the files now. The archive is fine

I wasn't aware of the Firefox addons which is very practical since I'm using Firefox . Thx for letting me know

I'll try to play them asap & I'll let you know if there is something.

THX

Comment

I will do so too...Give me a sneak peak as well for if you want us (UTUnlimited) to review the new pack. (Have to get the site in working order again though it shouldn't take too long)

Comment

I was wondering, do you want to know only about bugs &/or others stuff like misaligned materials, optimizations needed, collisions, odd sound, etc etc etc

I don't think you need feedback about pickups, ammo, health, powerups placement since it can change dramatically the flow & gameplay & even design layout but I just wanted to make sure

I presume I'll have the time to check the map this week. Yep, I'm slow

Comment

need to change my mind too...so if u need one more....pm! pm!..

Comment

I was wondering, do you want to know only about bugs &/or others stuff like misaligned materials, optimizations needed, collisions, odd sound, etc etc etc
            Really just bugs at this point. The authors aren't too keen to do any more work on these levels - out with the old and in with the new, y'know

FYI - CTF-Antediluvian has been optimized slightly since the first version, but still doesn't run too great. It's difficult to get any more worth-while fps out of it without a whole lot of work and/or altering the look of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoondog View Post
              Really just bugs at this point. The authors aren't too keen to do any more work on these levels - out with the old and in with the new, y'know

FYI - CTF-Antediluvian has been optimized slightly since the first version, but still doesn't run too great. It's difficult to get any more worth-while fps out of it without a whole lot of work and/or altering the look of it.
              Well, if I found missing collisions, or meshes that affect gameplay in a wrong way, even if it's not considered as "a bug", would it be taking into account ?

I prefer to ask because I don't want to waste my time on things that it won't be considered. I'm new in mapping but even if I'm a noob mapper, there are things that I can do rather quickly so it's even faster for any more experienced mapper to fix things I intent to post. Personnaly, I would consider them if I was the author since it's very quick to address.

I only had the time to test "Halcyon" yesterday. For what I can say, after some matches, visually, it's awesome but others aspects aren't that great. Not that it's bad, not at all, it's just that gameplay could be better. I'll post more info later. I intent to test the maps in alphabetical order.

Comment

Yea, basically, if you find things (including missing collision) that could be exploited, or causes player death or permanently stuck... those are the things we are looking for. Like if you can escape the map or get inside an object, or something doesn't work properly. Don't need to go out of your way too much - hopefully with a few people just playing through the maps regularly we should find any bad ones...

Feedback can just be PM'd to me Thanks!

Comment

Ah, ok, I wasn't sure which way you wanted me to give feedback (public or private) & what to check exactly. I fool around & play like 30-45 mins of each maps so testing take me a lot of time.

I'm done with Halcyon, Saip & Stronghold now. Writing all my bla bla in the text file take me as long as testing **** it !

EDIT

Hey Spoon, I saw you register on UOF. I'll post the feedback there since you approve

Comment

Community Bonus Pack 3: Volume 4 Version 2 available!

bump!

Community Bonus Pack 3: Volume 4 Version 2 is now available for download!

The pack features 11 maps (4 DM, 5 DOM, 1 CTF, 1 WAR) and 2 pickups! It also includes the Domination gametype again (same as Volume 3).

These are not actually completely new if you've downloaded the previous version but we noticed a number of things that could make these maps even better than they already were in version 1!
                    For example you will need those if you want to play on a server that uses the version 2 maps. You can not play on such a server if you're still using v1 maps. Please Note: ALL server admins should install this version - there were a number of exploits and bugs fixed on all maps.

So go grab'em and see for yourself!

Comment

thx guys but....

..... i just have DL the cbp3vol4 version2...and i havent find the way to install it
                      what i found inside is :

-a nice updated read me
                      -a "UTGame" folder
                      -a "UTDom31_CBPsetup" package window installer
                      -a "UTDom31_CBPSetup" aplication

first question after reading the "readme" is where is the cbp3vol4 installer?

so i tryed after uninstalling the cbp3vol4(first ed) to install manually the pack

all was fine for pickups,config & script but no way to install the maps, i have that message

dunno if the corrupt files problem is from here or from the pack ; i ll re D/L it but plz can someone tell me that all is fine in the pack...it s so long to DL from a far french farm

cheers

Comment

Yeah, looks like their current archive's corrupt. A simple re-zipping should do...

Comment

from "GWN" mirror u can grab the pack to install it manually;same content but no more thoses error messages on map files; just tryed it and all worked fine

Comment

These guys are my inspiration

Comment

Originally posted by Thanubis
                              I just confirmed this. 7-Zip found no errors in the archive I downloaded from GameWorldNetwork (GWN, which happens to be a part of FileFactory).
                              I downloaded it from Gamer's Hell from the Beyond Unreal list of sites. Uninstalled fine and I played a few of the maps. Nice to see the CBP team updating these maps. While they were nice over all, they weren't as polished (probably because of the MSUC?). Either way, they are fun to play!

Comment

ps3 version still coming? cant wait to try those dom maps tbh, looks great

Comment

Working...
                                X