This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stormrider View Post
    Core2Duo E8500 + Geforce GTX260 + 4 gb. I play the game at 100fps with vsync. When the framerate drops to 80 sometimes, it's enough for me to discard a map for performance issues.
    Oh aye, I wouldnae get oot o' bed for anything under 80 fps. Ridiculously low frame rate.

What a load of *******s man

Core2Duo 6600 + 8800 GT here. Perforamance is good in most, but Stronghold doesnt run great for me (dipping < 25/30 in a few places). And there is a CTF one that also slows to a complete crawl.

Still, that aside, another great map pack. Thanks very much guys - your work is appreciated!

Comment

I have an e8500 with a ati4850. All of the DM maps run great except stronghold. It's the only map I get dips lower than 85fps.

Comment

Originally posted by Raz View Post
        Thanx for pointing !

For the grass: in my mind the grass had to be tall cause the place was abandonned...but i understand why some people are disappointed for the gameplay indeed...
        New comment. Players are saying in TDM red team has an advantage because blue is too hard to see.

I like the map. I think it's fun especially with a few players.

Comment

As for performance, there is only 2 maps really giving me issues.

Antediluvian
          Mainly when near the blue base (out on that ledge near the outside of the map, looking towards the red base). Not sure if this is an optimization issue or a design issue since there is a lot of the map to look at. There is a few other places that really slowed down, but mainly when there is bots around.

Saip
          Only time it dips to something noticeable is when you grab the shield belt and and looking at the boat.

Specs: Intel Quad Core Q9550, 4 GB of DDR 3 1333mzh RAM (computer only recognizes 2 GB ), 9800 GT, MOBO is running at 1333mhz. Stock maps rarely seem to dip below 60 FPS, so when custom maps do this, it catches my attention (especially since I have FRAPS running while playing).

As for stronghold, runs very smooth for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormrider View Post
            Core2Duo E8500 + Geforce GTX260 + 4 gb. I play the game at 100fps with vsync. When the framerate drops to 80 sometimes, it's enough for me to discard a map for performance issues.
            Thats harsh

Originally posted by Taffy View Post
            New comment. Players are saying in TDM red team has an advantage because blue is too hard to see.
            K i understand thanx

Comment

I guess I worded that wrong, I meant blue has an advantage

I know it's nit picking but I thought I point out everything.

Comment

Wow, there is absolutely no way of excusing myself from my previous comment.

All I can say is, simply, I apologize.

I was probably acting strange, surrounded by personal frustration, and then allowed myself to vent through irrationality.

Ha, what an idiot...

Anyways, I absolutely appreciate all the work you guys have done and I could wait five months if that's what it would take just to get a PS3 version.

I would applaud your team effort, but with the blackened veins of cold hands, I doubt it would be worth anything.

-MEROVECK

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy View Post
                  I guess I worded that wrong, I meant blue has an advantage
                  I know it's nit picking but I thought I point out everything.
                  Hey np thanx for this, thats a good point

Originally posted by Thanubis
                  Do you think you could a pair of Jump Boots to CDOM-Halcyon, assuming that they aren't already in there?

In addition to that, could you add the necessary nodes so that bots know to use the Jump Boots to jump from the Shock Rifle area to the 'Broken Pillars' Control Point platform?
                  I use a jumping mutator that allows me to make the jump without any powerups, but the mutator doesn't effect the bots. The platform is inaccessible to them without a Translocator which is disabled by default in DoubleDom. Furthermore, bots don't even know how to use a Translocator until they are 'Experienced' or higher. All of this has quite a negative impact on the fun factor and playability of this map.~~~
                  There are already some pathnodes in this area and bots use this road to go to the DOM point with translocator...Anyway, i'll add some Jump boots, i think its a good idea indeed.
                  I'll check what bots do, i hope they will use this way.
                  Thanx a lot for your idea.

Originally posted by Meroveck View Post
                  I was probably acting strange, surrounded by personal frustration, and then allowed myself to vent through irrationality.
                  -MEROVECK
                  Hey np, sometimes i also forget my meds

Comment

I'm loving this pack. Great work as usual. Saip is one of my favorites.

Comment

I'd also like to know what map these packages belong to. I assume CBP3-VeloCity.upk goes with CDOM-Velocity, but what about the rest of them. There are no maps with these names.
                      CBP3-AlterTek9.upk - Music used by WAR-Airlock in vol 1
                      CBP3-AutumnSigh.upk - Music used by DM-Endura in vol 1
                      CBP3-TwilightInsur.upk - Music used by DM-Decay in vol 2
                      CBP3-VeloCity.upk - Music used by CTF-Touch, vol 1 & DOM-Enslaved, vol 3
                      SSRygar.upk - Meshes/Textures used by CTF-Morgoth in vol 2

Comment

If it's not too late and such, Stronghold could use some nice collision hulls on the stairs.

Comment

We're almost done on the fixes - most of the important bugs are fixed, I just have to recompile & upload etc... will still take a couple of days before it's ready but if anyone here is able to test the fixed version then please PM me.

Comment

Well I got one response - see how hard it is to get testers! No wonder we have bugs

Comment

Originally posted by Spoondog View Post
                              We're almost done on the fixes - most of the important bugs are fixed, I just have to recompile & upload etc... will still take a couple of days before it's ready but if anyone here is able to test the fixed version then please PM me.
                              Hi Spoon

I need a break from my maps so I'm willing to give you a hand for the fixed edition pack. It's indeed very hard to find testers these days so I would like to contribute a bit for this pack. I didn't have the time to play the 1.0 pack yet so instead of playing with "old" stuff, the last version would be more appropriate.

Send me a pm if you want me to check it out.

Comment

Excellent, thanks, PMing.

Comment

Working...
                                X