This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thanubis
    Do any of the maps have the new powerups or are they only available through the mutator?

Also, how is the CDOM prefix different from the regular DOM prefix? Will anything break if I remove the 'C'?
    Yes Thanubis,

CDOM-CBP3-Yarith and DM-CBP3-Yarith have the nightmare pickup.

the CDOM prefix means that it can only be played in classic domination - if you use DOM, it can be played in both classic and double domination but you need to save the map as DOM instead of CDOM, anyways those maps have been planned for CDOM

Comment

I found a game breaking bug in CTF-Antediluvian:

I found this almost as soon as the map started since I spawned in front of that door and tried to see if it would open.

Comment

I found an annoying bug in War-MIDST. When red team control the power node at the center of the map, sometime when the countdown ends, the power node deals damage to the Red Energy Node (it should deal damage to blue node). I encountered this problem while playing with bots...

Comment

Just a note to say we are going to do a version 2 of this pack. We normally wouldn't do this but the pack was quite rushed and there are a few bad bugs this time. It will take a while so do feel free to post any other feedback you have for the authors here, over the next few days.

Comment

So no PS3 version and it was poorly made?

(DON'T READ THIS POST!!!!!!!!! THE ABOVE SENTENCE IS RUDE!!!!!)

Comment

I wouldn't say poorly made at all. They do quality work, they just rushed it as he said.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they get compensated for their time. Maybe you're expecting too much.

Feel fortunate you have people that contribute things like this to the community

Comment

So no PS3 version and it was poorly made?
                Every negative comment we get makes us sad and depressed and delays the PS3 version another day...

Like Taffy says, we all have lives to worry about... I'm the only one on the (large) team with a PS3 and UT3, so I have to wait for people to fix things, then cook it all, test it all, sometimes get it to fit in memory, figure out why maps & mutators aren't working with no debug information, upload on useless internet, deal with mirroring problems... you get the picture.

Comment

I was wondering why we didn't already get a sub over at UTU, hehe. As a mapper myself though (albeit not a very good one) I can understand your situation there. Take your time--there's never been a perfect map in the history of shooter gaming, though taking your time will get you closer (and talent's no question here, hehe). I look forward to version 2 of the pack!

Comment

Originally posted by Meroveck View Post
                    ...and it was poorly made?
                    I would be happy if I could make "poorly made" maps like these. Being a mapper myself, i know what it takes to make a good map, much less excellent ones. So be grateful that people spend the time to do this for the community.

Originally posted by Spoondog View Post
                    Just a note to say we are going to do a version 2 of this pack. We normally wouldn't do this but the pack was quite rushed and there are a few bad bugs this time. It will take a while so do feel free to post any other feedback you have for the authors here, over the next few days.
                    I am trying to post "objective" suggestions for fixes. Keep in mind that I am very "sensitive" to footstep sounds, so hearing the default one (except on terrain) catches my attention.

Halcyon
                    -Lifts don't make sounds while moving.
                    -A lot of the foliage (grass, flowers, plants) are fairly tall considering they are in the game play area.
                    -Default foot step sounds on multiple meshes.

Saip
                    -The music should be part of the Music field in the World properties and not as an ambient sound actor to keep with the "tradition" of adding music to your level.
                    -Possibly add dynamic blocking volumes under the lifts.
                    -Neon lights look too "modern" for this type of boat.

Stronghold
                    -Lifts don't make sounds while moving.

Yarith
                    -Default footstep sounds on assorted meshes.

Antediluvian
                    -As much optimization as it can have done to it. The frame rates seems to drop a bit too low and effects game play.

Thanks for the great work CBP team!

Comment

Thanks, that's good stuff.

Anyone who finds any place to escape the maps or get stuck on collision, things like that - please post it here and it will be fixed.

Comment

Halcyon:

Can get stuck here. First time I got stuck here I had to hammer my way out, just now I was able to swing the mouse around and beat on the keys violently to get out.

[shot]http://www.fototime.com/4E0E45BAD4F4A36/standard.jpg[/shot]

People are complaining about the grass being too tall. Some complaints about it being too dark

Yarith:

I'm currently stuck and have to hammer my way out. I was able to beat on the keys and get out from the corner to my left.

[shot]http://www.fototime.com/98F8197F034A32C/standard.jpg[/shot]

People don't like the very intrusive/disruptive sounds/shaking when the nightmare powerup appears. IMO needs to be toned way back.

Stronghold:

I'll repeat this from the other thread. You can fall through the map if you jump and your feet land anywhere between the yellow lines.

[shot]http://www.fototime.com/DDC00956504B7E3/standard.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy View Post
                          Halcyon:
                          Can get stuck here. First time I got stuck here I had to hammer my way out, just now I was able to swing the mouse around and beat on the keys violently to get out.

People are complaining about the grass being too tall. Some complaints about it being too dark
                          Thanx for pointing !

For the grass: in my mind the grass had to be tall cause the place was abandonned...but i understand why some people are disappointed for the gameplay indeed...

Comment

I didn't like it much. Previous bonus packs were better. This one also has many maps with very poor optimization and bad frame rates.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormrider View Post
                              I didn't like it much.
                              Sad to hear this...

Originally posted by Stormrider View Post
                              ...many maps...bad frame rates.
                              Which map are you talking about and what are your PC specs please ?

Comment

Core2Duo E8500 + Geforce GTX260 + 4 gb. I play the game at 100fps with vsync. When the framerate drops to 80 sometimes, it's enough for me to discard a map for performance issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X