Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Community Bonus Pack 3: Volume 4.2 [PS3 VOLUME 3&4 RELEASED!!!]

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
    so tonight I'm locking up the wife n kids then fragfest here I come!
    Can i send mine over to go with yours lol

Is there any plans by the cbp3 team for more of these awesome packs?

Comment

Originally posted by FragTastic View Post
      Is there any plans by the cbp3 team for more of these awesome packs?
      The news on BeyondUnreal.com stated there is a volume 5 in the works (some time in the future).

At the time of this posting, there may be an issue with the FileFront link, but the Atomic Gamers worked well for me. Now to my feedback...

Being a player and a mapper, I can appreciate both sides of the coin, though I can't say that I "understand" what it takes to make maps of this quality, so take my comments more from a player's stand point.

Overall, the map pack is great, when is it not?

CTF-Antediluvian: Not being a CTF player, I am sure I will enjoy this in Greed mode. Visually and design wise, the map rocks. A few places are a bit dark and a couple others seem to be rendinging a bunch, but that's the price of a lot of details?

DM/DOM-Halcyon: Cool "ruins" atmosphere, works well in both modes. My biggest "complaint' is the scaling, it seems more like a vehicle based map. Also, the plants are a bit big also and tend to block your view. There are some slanted meshes that lead to the top of the circular ones (vague description, I know), but you have to jump up the ledge. Not a big deal, just slows down the flow.

DM/DOM-Saip: Awesome viusals and design (reminds me of the move Popeye) . Layout was really good, especially considering the location. The only complaint I have and it's actually a complaint, is the music. As a player, I usually dislike/hate music playing in the background for many reasons. As a mapper, I always make it optional for those who do like it. That being said, music that can be heard anywhere in the map (at the same volume) is a "never should do" in my opinion. A "NoMusicEdition" would be great as this really is a awesome map.

DM/DOM-Stronghold: Another awesome map. This has great visuals (I don't see enough of these "old world" maps for UT 3) and the layout is great as well (it feels like a DM map). If I had to complain, it's a bit big, but then again, just up the bot/player count!

DM/DOM-Yarith: Another awesome map. A lot of details and a great atmosphere. The layout is good mix for a DM/DOm map. Some of the Kismet sequences "freaked me out" at first, but that's a good thing. Maybe it's just me, but there are enough places that seem to be a bit "big" (or scaled a bit much). Not a big deal though as there is enough to keep you attention on killing stuff and admiring the "lush surroundings".

DOM-Velocity: How freaking cool is this map. While the playing area is good, the surroundings are what sets this map apart. I had to remove the bots, just so I could appreciate what was going on. Great work! Also, why not a DM version of this map?

WAR-Midst: Unfortunately, I am defineately not a WAR player, but played a round to appreciate the quality of the map. Being a DM map maker, I can only imagine the time to make a map so big. Nice work!

As for the power ups, since they change the core game-play, it will take a bit longer to form an opinion, though based on the "slow field" powerup, I do like the idea of the Deflector Shield.

The mapper in me wanted to give some more detailed feedback than normal, even if some of it is "constructive". As a player, I always look forward to playing these maps. As a mapper, I hope to someday make something similar. Keep up the great work!

Comment

thanks for the heads up odedge much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Spoondog View Post
          Wow... Terror_Force you are a machine...
          hmmm it it possible ^^

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
          Thanks a ton for these you guys!! Awesome quality maps!

And Terror Force you are incredible with the mirrors and flybys!!
          yah thx

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge
            DOM-Velocity: ... Also, why not a DM version of this map?
            It just didn't really have any DM'ish gameplay potential + I was really struggling for time + I plan to do a CTF/JB version asap

Comment

It just didn't really have any DM'ish gameplay potential + I was really struggling for time + I plan to do a CTF/JB version asap
              I guess so, a CTF/JB will be great. *Odedge goes into "wait" mode*

Comment

great!! looks good! good team work !!

Comment

*smiles at JB version...

The maps and pickups look awesome guys. Great work and keep it up.

Comment

Gratz all and thanx for your comments !

Odedge: thanx for your comment

Terror-Force: Flyby are cool thanx

Comment

I just played a round of WAR-Midst and it appears the countdown node always damages the Blue core, no matter who controls the node.

It is coming off our server for now... looking forward to a fix.

Thanks!

Comment

Good work. Very nice indeed.

Comment

GJ

Great Job Guys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
                            DM/DOM-Saip: Awesome viusals and design (reminds me of the move Popeye) . Layout was really good, especially considering the location. The only complaint I have and it's actually a complaint, is the music. As a player, I usually dislike/hate music playing in the background for many reasons. As a mapper, I always make it optional for those who do like it. That being said, music that can be heard anywhere in the map (at the same volume) is a "never should do" in my opinion. A "NoMusicEdition" would be great as this really is a awesome map.
                            This map has to be my favorite out of this map pack. I didn't test if the music could be turned off on this map, but I'm one of those people that like background music. The song is from the original Unreal soundtrack, and in my opinion it fits well with the theme of the map, but to each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Remus View Post
                              This map has to be my favorite out of this map pack. I didn't test if the music could be turned off on this map, but I'm one of those people that like background music. The song is from the original Unreal soundtrack, and in my opinion it fits well with the theme of the map, but to each their own.
                              Not to belabor the point... I am not saying the author can't. It's his map and can do what ever he wants. I am just saying that 99% of the maps don't have music playing no matter what and there is a reason for that.

It would be nice if the game actually had a way to adjust the "music tracks" volume and mute, so if you did have the music volume up, you can always adjust it quickly while still playing the game.

Though I could see a map working if a few spots had music playing (from inside of a room) and/or using as a "warning" that a power-up is available, but that's another topic.

Comment

Awesome work...many thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X