Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-Minimal [UPDATE]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Minimal [UPDATE]

Name: CTF-Minimal
    Version: Final
    Compatibility: PC
    Description: Less is more
    Screenshot:
    Credits: Blender and Epic
    Download: http://download.beyondunreal.com/fil...tf-minimal.zip

Hm, I can't really seem to grok the layout from this shot, but it sure is shiney. It reminds me of the brighly colored team enamels of ... a game that I'm completely spacing on at the moment. o_o.

Probably too much pit-of-death for my taste, but I can never have enough CTF maps

Comment

file is f up
      i download it 2 times

Comment

I just dwn the map & it's the same for me, the archive is corrupt.

Comment

Yeah I guess that means I'm gonna miss the MSUC deadline, I'll upload in a couple of days.

Comment

New working download link added!

Comment

No one, really?

Comment

Originally posted by wael View Post
                No one, really?
                There has been a lot of UT 3 "distractions" this week.

Not being a CTF player, I tried it in Greed. The floating nature of it doesn't make for a good of greed, though I can see it working for a 4 on 4 type of CTF map.

1. I do like the minimalistic/futuristic look of it (reminds me of DM-YRO3).

2. For some reason, the frame rates can drop pretty low given the minimalistic natuer of the map. I don't think it's the mesh poly count, but maybe a combination of the mesh count, plus materials, and the emitters?

3. While I do like the unique nature of the "jump pad emitters", I think they could be smaller.

4. Not a fan of the "atomic" spinning thing around the player at all times,

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
                  4. Not a fan of the "atomic" spinning thing around the player at all times,
                  I second this !

Comment

While playing the map again, I have a few more suggestions...

5. Have a different foot step sound than the default one.

6. Lift needs to have a sound when it moves.

7. Having a "space" sky dome might be better as it would add some depth to the background and make it feel like your in an actual place.

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
                      While playing the map again, I have a few more suggestions...

5. Have a different foot step sound than the default one.

6. Lift needs to have a sound when it moves.

7. Having a "space" sky dome might be better as it would add some depth to the background and make it feel like your in an actual place.
                      Yeah the background effect was really annoying, I tried several different things for it but nothing worked, believe it or the swirling effect was the best I could come up with. I don't really like the idea of a space dome because it specifically gives the map a sense of location, I wanted to maintain a surreal feel, hence the weird emitters, hence the flat lighting, hence the shiny materials.
                      Anyway I guess I could fix some of the issues in the map and re-release and try and find a better background effect.

Comment

Originally posted by wael View Post
                        Yeah the background effect was really annoying, I tried several different things for it but nothing worked, believe it or the swirling effect was the best I could come up with.
                        Isn't the "swirling effect" attached to the player? Either way, it's a distracting element to the map. Actually, anything that would follow the player would be distracting.

I don't really like the idea of a space dome because it specifically gives the map a sense of location, I wanted to maintain a surreal feel, hence the weird emitters, hence the flat lighting, hence the shiny materials.
                        Anyway I guess I could fix some of the issues in the map and re-release and try and find a better background effect.
                        I understand. The black background isn't really bad as it makes the actual map stand out. A Q*bert map I was building had a flat black background (like this map), I will keep it like that because it represents the fact that it's in a video game.

What ever you choose for the background, it should be subtle as to not distract the player and let the map stand out. Good luck...

Comment

The old download was dead, so if you tried to download this map recently a new link is up.

Comment

Working...
                          X