Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Cubemap - Abstracted Fragging with a Square Jeep!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Cubemap - Abstracted Fragging with a Square Jeep!

Name: DM-Cubemap
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: All
    Description: My aim was to make a map that wasn't 'Unreal' and to use colourful cuboid forms wherever possible, influenced by bright chunky games like Gravity Bone and Team Fortress 2. It's got a Jeep with square wheels, c'mon!
    Screenshots:
    Video: Check out the video before trying if you like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYlDycySJp0&fmt=22
    Credits: Robbie McKnight
    Homepage: http://gamebrush.blogspot.com/
    Download: http://www.filefront.com/14157089/Dm-Cubemap.rar

Any feedback or comments would be greatly appreciated for this, my first Unreal map. Have fun!

How do you have the map lit. There seems to be a huge lack of shading and shadowing in the map. Did you just use a skylight to light everything?

Comment

Looks cool. Downloading now

Comment

nice map its really colourful
        but the bots dont work good some times there get losrt

Comment

Reminds me of Worms Mayhem for some reason.

Comment

That is horrifyingly awesome! I love it!

Comment

Nice map! The only problem I had with it was that u can't hoverboard or feign death on the net without falling through.

Btw, i love the square jeeps, I spent at least an hour dodging them at the last second and then tipping them over with the shockrifle

Comment

Monkey Peaches: Yeah I think there's just 1 or 2 bright lights flooding the area, I wanted to avoid any complex shadow patterns to give the level a more flat 'cartoon'-like look.

Coolcat22: Sorry bout that, I worked hard on the bot nav, but theres a couple of glitches, in one corridor they don't like avoiding the obstacles :S. And there's some custom ladder script in there which I don't think they can use effectively. Sometimes they get in the Jeeps and that confuses them a bit I think because there are no guns! It's for Vehicular Manslaughter!

Remus: Sweet! Worms is a great cartoony combat game!

Thanks for feedback guys, keep it coming!

Comment

Superking17: Thanks dude! Yeah I toyed with having collision turned on for the hammock, but if I have it off I get to see the corpses drop and rain on the players below which tickles me, and you can still ramp off the spiral walkways for mad hoverboard air.
                  Try equipping hoverboard on the lift for another way to get big air!

Comment

Classic! This is how UT maps should be: crazy, original, unreal.

Edit: needs (custom) music, though. I'm a bit surprised you didn't use the youtube vid tune, that would be perfect.

Comment

Yeah, the video music is perfect. Btw, I would like to see a version where EVERYTHING is destroyable like in maps such as Nowhere and Blockland

Comment

When I play the map in Team DM all the vehicles are locked. Is there a way you could fix this? If they have factories set them to bStartNeutral=True

Comment

Hello, I like the map but I cannot seem to run it on a Dedicated Server. (Listen Server OK)
                          Does your vehicle have a script file?

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments about the music! I had thought at one stage to embed the music in the map but It's only a 4 and a half minute track, I thought it might get repetitive real quick. Of course if you guys really want it in there I'm sure I can oblige. Or maybe just offer you the mp3 and you could play it in the background!

Rumple: Sorry about that, I only ever tested the map for DM since this was created to a deadline. I don't have UT3 installed currently since I just installed 64bit XP, but I shall endeavor to see if I can sort that out for you. Don't think there'd be team starts though, is that an issue?

Narayana: Sorry, never tested a dedicated server game. Yeah the Jeep's got some custom script. Is that screwing your dedicated server? Does the map just fail to load? Or can clients not connect? If it's something that can be fixed semi-easily I'd be happy to do it for you. I just can't go digging too far into the map as I've already started my next project, so I'd be loathed to go back for too long!

Thanks for showing an interest everyone!

Comment

We have a Team Death Match server that I want to put it on. If all the vehicles are locked it kinda ruins the map.

Comment

Working...
                              X