• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Across-Space [PC] [FINAL]

Name: Across Space
    Version: Final
    Compatibility: PC, v2.1
    Description: The Stroggs gravity platform has been unused since Xaero's death,and now they have found it again and want to use it again across space
    Credits: TwelVeR - Epic Games
    Download: Download

Awesome!

hey thx a lot for re-uploading this.

Comment

I wish people would consider how the colors of the font they use will work with the background color of the forum. That color blue is blinding. I can't read any of that text without straining my eyes. With such a dark gray background, try using less saturated colors. That includes your signature. It's just very unpleasant to the eyes.

You're not the only one here guilty of this. I see it in too many threads here.

As far as the map goes. I honestly don't download maps if the screens don't sell me. What I see here is flat ground with a repetition of the same mesh all over the place. That's it. Do you have more screens that give a better idea of what's going on in the map? What the map looks like? I can only assume that the preview images you put in here are to show off the map. And if that's the best you have, I'm not gonna be inclined to download.

Just a tip. Use more screens. And use ones that show off the level and why it's gonna be fun. Or at least show off how pretty it is. A really nice looking map will get downloaded, even if it's not apparent how well it'll play from the screens.

Just be clear that I'm not insulting the quality of your map. I'm just trying to give constructive criticism on how to present it. I mean no harm.

I am gonna download it, despite not being sold by the screenshot, simply because I made this long post. It would feel wrong to write this long critism and then not even check the map out. I'll be back with my impressions once I've had a few bot matches in it. It very well may be a fun map.

Comment

Oh. I've released nothing. I'm judging this based solely from the point of view of someone who comes here and downloads maps. I just saw things in his presentation that I felt could be improved, so I spoke my opinion. The way I see it is, if you want to be good at something, and someone has a few pointers, there's no reason to be offended by them. I hope I didn't come off as just trying to be mean. I wasn't. I was just trying to help.

I do map. But I have yet to release anything because I'm not satisfied with most of what I create. It's not as good as I feel it should be, so I don't publish it. And most of the stuff I do is abandoned before it's ever finished. Either because I simply lost interest, or because due to a lack of planning it went too far down the wrong path, and recovery was impossible without completely starting over.

I just got back into mapping a few weeks ago, and I'm trying to learn from my mistakes now. Here's hoping that I will actually create something that I feel is worthy of being published. So maybe you will see a release or two from me in the coming months. I at least hope.

Right now I'm making a Tribes-style map. After that, I hope to map a map that is inspired by the Angkor Wat ruins. I don't model, so I'm currently trying to figure out a way to mix up stock models and materials to create a similar look.

But now we've gotten off topic. I'm gonna start up Ut3 now that I have the map files in place, and I'll come back with impressions of the map itself, and not just the screenshots and font color. Heh.

Comment

Here ya go monkey......

There are movers and highly tuned jump pads, in case you didn't know this is a remake of a quake map AFAIK.

Second the OP actually responded to my PM after i had asked them to re-up because of the ongoing filefront deletion issue, if you had made your post to something i had released i would say "thank you for gracing me by downloading my release"

I haven't taken time to dig through your posts monkey but i was wondering where is the thread to your releases or contributions? hopefully i haven't offended you i mean no harm, just curious............

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyPeaches View Post
            Oh. I've released nothing. I'm judging this based solely from the point of view of someone who comes here and downloads maps. I just saw things in his presentation that I felt could be improved, so I spoke my opinion. The way I see it is, if you want to be good at something, and someone has a few pointers, there's no reason to be offended by them. I hope I didn't come off as just trying to be mean. I wasn't. I was just trying to help.

I do map. But I have yet to release anything because I'm not satisfied with most of what I create. It's not as good as I feel it should be, so I don't publish it. And most of the stuff I do is abandoned before it's ever finished. Either because I simply lost interest, or because due to a lack of planning it went too far down the wrong path, and recovery was impossible without completely starting over.

I just got back into mapping a few weeks ago, and I'm trying to learn from my mistakes now. Here's hoping that I will actually create something that I feel is worthy of being published. So maybe you will see a release or two from me in the coming months. I at least hope.

Right now I'm making a Tribes-style map. After that, I hope to map a map that is inspired by the Angkor Wat ruins. I don't model, so I'm currently trying to figure out a way to mix up stock models and materials to create a similar look.

But now we've gotten off topic. I'm gonna start up Ut3 now that I have the map files in place, and I'll come back with impressions of the map itself, and not just the screenshots and font color. Heh.
            Hey thx for taking time to explain, you should post some of your maps in the beta forum for feedback, i really understand exactly what you mean and where your coming from with not being satisfied or going too far down the wrong path, - save lots of backups so you can revert, you have some constructive feedback and others would for you if you were interested, also as far as the part about strictly from a down loaders point of view; that made sense as well.

Comment

How did my response to your post end up showing before yours, and at an earlier time? Hmmm.

So I played the map. It's pretty fun. Nice and simple. I was never really a Quake 3 player. So I'm usually not familiar with it's maps. But this one is fun. I like the redeemer platform. Even if I don't get the redeemer. There's something very satisfying about shooting rockets at the platform mid-air and landing right after your rockets have hit and either blown the enemy into pieces or into space.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyPeaches View Post
                How did my response to your post end up showing before yours, and at an earlier time? Hmmm.
                I was trying to edit my post and i deleted it instead, good thing i had copied it so i could re-paste it in another response, if that makes sense.......

Yeah fun map indeed.

Comment

thanks 1Xtreme

Comment

Originally posted by TwelVeR View Post
                    thanks 1Xtreme
                    Actually thank you bud. I appreciate you being responsive to my PM to get this map back on a reliable mirror. It's really a neat map with a nice change of pace on play style, hopefully more people will get a chance to check it out.

Comment

http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1482

Added to game-maps, any objections if i put this in a mappack?

Comment

Nice remake on the Quake 3 map.

Comment

Working...
                        X