CTF-Armadus [Pics - download for PC - PS3 cook also]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rek View Post
    great looks, plays quite nicely with the bots. off hand, the only thing that comes to mind to me was the lack of stingers when you cap.

i'm a huge fan of reverse capture the FLaG and this map fits kicks a lot of@55

thank you for your effort, and in your next life, or soon in this one, may you be paid for your talents(mapping that is) (unless you have other, unmentioned skillsets that might be worth some cash as well)
    Thanks and there is a stinger weapon off to the side near the middle down the small staircase, left if you're red, right if you're blue. And right now I'm on the warm-gun team, maybe we'll to retail and I'll be moving to canada

Comment

Originally posted by »TheHitMan« View Post
      Thanks and there is a stinger weapon off to the side near the middle down the small staircase, left if you're red, right if you're blue. And right now I'm on the warm-gun team, maybe we'll to retail and I'll be moving to canada
      FYI, rek is referring to stinger "sounds" not weapons. In other words there is no sound when you cap a flag, there is when the flag is taken but not when capped, i knew what he meant when i read the post but tested the map to confirm this.

I finally had a chance to load and look at it, double thumbs up on this map! i dig the reverse CTF especially because we often play 5 VS. 5 on lan against god bots / instagib, sometimes bots like to get too jumpy and campy, (especially on IG with the pickups disabled) the reverse eliminates this problem, the map looks very Gears, but then again GOW looks very UT3 desaturated and mesh polished / toned down, so who's to say anyhoot.....

We'll be playing this when we get together next week for our next lan bash.

Excellent Work! carry on soldier.

Comment

Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
        FYI, rek is referring to stinger "sounds" not weapons. In other words there is no sound when you cap a flag, there is when the flag is taken but not when capped, i knew what he meant when i read the post but tested the map to confirm this.

I finally had a chance to load and look at it, double thumbs up on this map! i dig the reverse CTF especially because we often play 5 VS. 5 on lan against god bots / instagib, sometimes bots like to get too jumpy and campy, (especially on IG with the pickups disabled) the reverse eliminates this problem, the map looks very Gears, but then again GOW looks very UT3 desaturated and mesh polished / toned down, so who's to say anyhoot.....

We'll be playing this when we get together next week for our next lan bash.

Excellent Work! carry on soldier.
        Thanks very much

And it's weird that the stinger cap sound isnt there because I did put it in the music info.

Comment

I will test the ps3 version on my server ill pm you to let you know how it turns out. great work

Comment

Do you think you could maybe do another version of this map for ps3 without the flag reversal gameplay? Other than that the maps awesome!

Comment

^ What way do u want to play it. I'm sure there's a mod that will put it in game type you want.

Comment

There is a flag reversal mod out there somewhere. Besides I tested it for an hour with regular flag play, it didn't work as well as it is now.

Comment

Dude we're gonna test your map tonight on lan, we'll see how it does from a dedicated server 5 vs. 5 players against bots; god settings on instagib - i'll post back over the weekend. I'm optimistic that we're in for a hell of a fight on this one........

On certain maps such as Coret we can beat the bots every time with tactics even on god settings with insta, and on my CTF-AndAction!-Classic2K09 ((which i'll be releasing in the next few weeks)) we can still beat them after we're warmed up and its almost a reverse style, but instead i tried something a little different to help the AI to function efficiently; the spawns are on the sides oriented toward opposite bases and in a circular pattern so the flow is continuous, if that makes sense, it actually works very well, but on certain maps, especially smaller arena style maps it can be very difficult to win against the godmode bots, but we like a serious challenge if the caps aren't neck and neck it really isn't as intense.

Catch ya later.

Comment

Hey Xtreme do you happen to have my CTF-Botanica map on your server? It also has reverse flag gameplay.

Comment

PC: http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1476
                      PS3: http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1477

Added to game-maps now, any objections if i add to mappack?

Comment

why has this map 3 stars ??? its atleast 4 stars worth lol nice map

Comment

Thanks

10char

Comment

Originally posted by zunnie View Post
                            PC: http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1476
                            PS3: http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1477

Added to game-maps now, any objections if i add to mappack?
                            No objections here... in fact I'd be honored

Comment

This level looks sick!!! Cant wait!

Comment

Hey for some reason this map started crashing my UT3 - every single time, worked for months before then one day boom, only thing i've done besides testing some maps is install Unreal UDK, do you think that could do it? tried replacing the map, all the other machines on our lan run it fine, only my machine, i do remember once just before this happened that (i guess my cache expired) the server made me download some sky package or something from the dedicated server.

Sure would like to figure it out and get this fixed, dude this map is a favorite and crazy fun to play. - I know the problem is on my end because the other machines run it fine, i've hesitated to reinstall UT3 because i don't want to lose the ability to continue editing my WIP, i guess i could back it up first and then revert, just wondering if there is an easier solution.

Comment

Working...
                                X