X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-Backyard_BBQ

Name: VCTF-Backyard_BBQ
    Version: Final
    Compatibility: UT3 (PC) Patch 5 & Titan pack (SWLadder required: http://files.filefront.com/SWLadderu.../fileinfo.html
    Description: Battle it out between two back yards. You spawn with a translocator for getting into higher places. Lots of stuff for everyone. Shoot the footballs & playground balls around. Two tractor tires in the sheds can also be shot around. Snipe from inside the birdhouses. Fireworks go off when the redeemer is taken and when flags get capped. There's a huge fireworks display for the winning team.
    Comments: Swarm Avril is included. The Swarm Avril pickup is on the glass tables on the deck. I've created a special Kismet sequence that doesn't allow you to fill your Titan meter. This map wasn't designed for Titans.
    Screenshot:

Credits: Rumple for map design and all the custom meshes & materials. Wup for the map idea, & everyone at Hedsteem for testing.
    Homepage: www.freewebs.com/rumpleslabs

Great Map. Keep Up the Good Work Rumples

Comment

looks awesome =D

Comment

great map rumple like the fire work when you get tht demeer or the flag
        your maps get better and better

Comment

Looks good Rumple. Now go fix me a Brat!!!!

Comment

Lets hope it doesn't get edited by some noob putz who doesn't like stingers....

Comment

Its kind of funny that they haven't figured out that the game came with a WEAPON REPLACEMENT MUTATOR. All they'd have to do is swap the stinger for something else. LAWL! Of course that would take some sort of intelligence...

Comment

Originally posted by Rumple View Post
                Its kind of funny that they haven't figured out that the game came with a WEAPON REPLACEMENT MUTATOR. All they'd have to do is swap the stinger for something else. LAWL! Of course that would take some sort of intelligence...
                HAHAHAAH OMG NO ****...

Oh and a good map...

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMaster View Post
                  HAHAHAAH OMG NO ****...

Oh and a good map...
                  The same guys is trying to do The MoonRulez also..and his editor crashed....What a Putz.

Comment

Thats what he gets for trying to edit maps without permission!

Comment

July 4th Bump..

Comment

Hey, we have this map on a server that we regularly play on, and most of us are finding that the grass in this map causes it to run with a very poor framerate. Is there any chance the grass density could be decreased or something to improve performance?

Thanks for the map, though. It's good fun!

Comment

If a little thing like that causes poor frame rates you probably need to upgrade your video card. Another thing you can do is go into your game settings and turn off foliage. It should turn off the grass. Seriously you can get great deals on some really good video cards these days.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...531&CatId=3585

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...087&CatId=3585

Either of those cards will allow you to run the game in full detail with good frame rates.

Here are my system specs:

AMD Phenom 9550 Quad Core CPU
                          ThermalTake Big Typhoon CPU Cooler
                          4 gigs of 800 Mhz Super Talent Ram
                          EVGA GeForce 9600 GT 512MB SuperClocked to 675 Mhz Core speed (from the factory)
                          350 Gig Western Digital Caviar Sata Hard Drive
                          ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Mother Board
                          Samsung Writemaster DVD burner
                          Samsung CD burner
                          ThermalTake 650 Watt Power Supply

I built my PC last may for $900. You could build the same system with a better CPU & video card for $600 to $700 now.

Just a few things to remember when buying parts:
                          If your motherboard has an NVidia chipset get an NVidia graphics card or you'll have compatibility issues. If your motherboard supports ATI the new Crossfire cards rock and are pretty inexpensive. Make sure your motherboard supports at least 800 Mhz ram and also make sure you get the right speed ram for the board you buy. Don't buy a cheap motherboard. They aren't that expensive and you're better off spending a few dollars more to get a good board then get a cheap one and having problems later. Get at least a 600 Watt power supply. You can never have too much and most cards need at least 400 Watts. A little extra is always good. If you need help shopping for parts send me a PM and I can find you the most inexpensive parts. Hedsteem has several members that do this kind of thing for a living and know where to get the best deals and what parts work the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Poobah View Post
                            Hey, we have this map on a server that we regularly play on, and most of us are finding that the grass in this map causes it to run with a very poor framerate. Is there any chance the grass density could be decreased or something to improve performance?

Thanks for the map, though. It's good fun!

Well My PC has a 4 year old CPU and only 2gb of 667mhz ram with an ATI 4670 and its one of the fastest maps in terms of frame rate for me.

So you guys most likely need a better card.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Regarding the video card, I am using a GeForce 8800GT with 512MB of RAM.

Disabling the grass was a solution I had been looking for, but I hadn't been able to find out a way to do this. Thanks for mentioning the word foliage, though! I found a variable named FoliageDrawRadiusMultiplier under [SystemSettings] in UTEngine.ini, and changing this to zero disabled the grass and has made the map playable on my system!

The reason I thought it may be necessary to bring that issue to your attention is that the map runs a lot slower than the official maps, because of the grass, and therefore doesn't meet the same standards that the rest of the maps seem to go by in terms of performance.

Comment

Working...
                              X