[Unofficial Greed Maps] Stock/Titan DM converted for Greed [Pics] [Links]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
    This should be fixed now. I noticed this when I was uploading the PC map pack, but will double check. yes, it's fixed.

For all 3 maps, do you mean the preview picture in menu, when you are selecting maps? I double checked (downloaded directly from the links provided) and they all work fine.

Are you using Map Mixer by chance (as I do)? If so, you have to scan them. Thanks for the info...
    hmmm, weird...
    ill just download them again then

Comment

Update (and a bump too), the Titan DM maps for the PC have been uploaded. See the first post for links and pics.

At this point in time, we can't cook them for the PS3 (because of the Titan content). Some one might have a solution, but until that is a reality, there are no PS3 versions of the maps.

Comment

The PS3 Titan DM maps have been cooked and uploaded (links are in original post). Thanks to euchreplayer23 for taking the time to do this!

Comment

Awesome.
          Thanks euchreplayer23. Very much appretiated.
          Can you let me know how you did this

Comment

I love these!

Comment

Well, it took me a while but I finally tried these. Actually, I still have 4 left to try tonight, so I'll give some quick comments on the whole pack soon as well as a few other Greed maps if I can find that thread also. One thing I found odd is there was no recommended player load in the preview pics. Was this an oversight or done on purpose? The reason I ask is that I noticed I was playing with more players in the Greed maps than recommended loads in the original DM maps and it made Greed more fun. Would you say to use the recommended loads or does this logic fall to the ground in Greed maps?

Comment

hey ode, all the PC links are broken...
                no idea how i missed this pack ...

Comment

Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
                  One thing I found odd is there was no recommended player load in the preview pics. Was this an oversight or done on purpose? The reason I ask is that I noticed I was playing with more players in the Greed maps than recommended loads in the original DM maps and it made Greed more fun. Would you say to use the recommended loads or does this logic fall to the ground in Greed maps?
                  I can't recall exactly why there isn't any player counts (it's been a while), but if I had to guess, we probably left them out because people, at the time, should be familiar enough with the maps to know a good player count for their liking.

It's hard to judge what you should play with because it's a Greed based game. I normally don't play TDM, but if you do, use numbers similar to this mode.

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
                  hey ode, all the PC links are broken...
                  no idea how i missed this pack ...
                  I know, I know, all of my links are dead as you mentioned in another thread. I will update them all by the end of this weekend. *writing note to myself*0

Comment

Can we provide links to other greed maps out there?

Comment

Originally posted by »TheHitMan« View Post
                      Can we provide links to other greed maps out there?
                      Check my sign....

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                        Check my sign....
                        You beat me to the punch, in my own thread.

Comment

quick comments

I'll just use the player counts from the stock maps for the ones that don't have it and I believe it's all the ones in the converted pack. I didn't try all the ones from this pack because I only installed the ones I liked so a few are left out but most I tried.

The ones that are the most fun with Greed in this pack were Fearless, Rising Sun, Sanctuary, Sentinel and ShangriLa; although, my bots need help a little in Sentinel and some spawn points feel way out in ShangriLa. I found it hard to find the Greed point in Arsenal and Carbon Fire, and I still don't like crouching in Diesel. Biohazard would be much better with the flak cannon replacing the biorifle. Not sure about Eden Inc, but it seems either bad weapon placement, bad weapon selection or both. Heat Ray may not quite be suited to Greed and Ocean Relic is possibly too large for Greed. Turbine seems barely suited to Greed, but it still works. Besides that I had fun with most of these maps and the Greed gametype.

Comment

@ SkaarjMaster

Well, I am glad you find some of them enjoyable. Sometimes, DM is a bit boring. While CTF work well with the Greed mode, I tend to find CTF layouts a bit boring (when it comes to fighting).

Since bots only recognize 1 flag for each time, we decided to only place one (we were going for 2 sets). Putting them in the same spot, in a central location was the most "fair".

We only would change a weapon/item pickup, if it conflicted with the flag placement or if it imbalanced the game play (since Greed has built in rewards (extra armor + Udamage).

You can view these type of maps (DM to Greed) as a enhanced DM style of game play, which is what I do.

As for the player counts. You can customize the .ini file with;

NumPlayers=2 to 4 players

and adjust it to your liking, this way you don't have to remember your preferred settings for each map.

Comment

Not much to add to Odes comments.
                              Your feedback is always good, and always welcome.

Comment

The Links Are Dead Please upload

Edit:: Nevermind the links are being slow

Comment

Working...
                                X