Released: Battle Team/Freezetag Arena V10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have the following problem:
    On our server (RaW) we are serving several basic gametypes and recently added BTA which we find a really great game mode and some fresh breeze in UT3. Unfortunately, each time we switch gametype from any other back to BTA, whole HUD dissapears (all BTA specific info and all basic info like health, ammo, crosshair) and players need to reconnect.

We are not using utcomp or advanced scoreboard or any othe mutator which might alter the HUD.

Any ideas of possible reason and how to walkaround it/fix ?

Comment

Open UTGame.ini and set "bForceNoSeamlessTravel=True" or over Webadmin -> Settings -> General -> Administration -> Disable Seamless Loading "Yes"

Comment

I notice that I can move my frozen character around the map on our server. I also cannot bring up the admin menu even though I login as admin. Any suggestions?

Additionally:

Sometimes the Admin tab appears after I use F12 and sometimes it doesn't. Even when it is available, I receive the message, "Sorry, but you cannot view details on a bit" or "Sorry, you can't messsage yourself.

Comment

Well, just for the record, my problem related to the other mutators on our server.

Comment

Open UTGame.ini and set "bForceNoSeamlessTravel=True" or over Webadmin -> Settings -> General -> Administration -> Disable Seamless Loading "Yes"
            This unfortunately causes the connection to be lost when more time is needed to load the map/gamemode/whatever...
            Any chance to keep the HUD and everything while "Seamless" is enabled?

Comment

Originally posted by Lilium_Atratum View Post
              This unfortunately causes the connection to be lost when more time is needed to load the map/gamemode/whatever...
              Any chance to keep the HUD and everything while "Seamless" is enabled?
              Yes, but it is a problem from clients when a map need a long time for load (over 60sec.). Clients need only change:
              Open your UTEngine.ini
              Search for [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
              Go to InitialConnectTimeout=60.0 and change it to InitialConnectTimeout=110.0 or higher, but 110 should be enough.

Comment

http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...reezetagArena/

Comment

Is there a mod like BTA for Dueling? To make weapons and health / shields behave the same way?

Comment

BTFA v10 Download Link: BTFA_v10.7z

I'm having an issue with BTA on our servers. Whenever we vote BTA from any other gametype, the HUD disappears completely. The only way to fix it is to disconnect and reconnect. Does anyone else have this problem?

Comment

see post 16-17 in this very thread...

Comment

Oooweeweewee thanks.

Comment

Does anyone here have any recommendations for good BTA maps? Our server already has a ton of maps, but maybe there are some popular BTA maps that we don't have.

Comment

If i would knew the names
                            The bigger ones are prefered for BTA. Grendelkeep and all these remakes from Q3 (that one with a large jumppad and that Udamage nearby in TDM). That Aztec map. And so on.

Comment

In my short BTA experience, i prefered big sized maps, and most importantly the maps with interesting center. The teams being spawned at the opposite sides of the map (most of the time at least), the fight generally sets up around the center. No names though except maybe Campgrounds as RattleSN4k3 described.

Comment

Working...
                              X