• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTRamp - ut99-like Ramp Dodge Effect, {Screenshot} and Demo Map

Name: BT Ramp
    Version: 1.1
    Compatibility: UT3
    Description: This is a package BTRamp.u that allows map makers creating special ramps (slopes), that give the player vertical boost when dodging against, similar to UT99 and UT2004.
    Comments: Thanks to aCRaSSiCauDa, there is a test map that allows any player to try the effect of this mod.
    Screenshot:

Author: arDru
    Credits: Drummer.unr, Cypress Hill, ToxeCryz for helping me with research by making testing maps in ut99, ut2004 and ut3, Ambershee for his support, all the testers who helped me during different testing stages, and aCRaSSiCauDa for making the first ever demo map
    Homepage: http://tamtemple.com/
    Download: http://tamtemple.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7&p=12
    Demo Map: http://www.git-squad.com/Files/UT3/DM-BTRamp-Demo.zip

Come play this map on tamtemple's TAM server: 74.63.66.163:7777

Good work! this should have perhaps been included in UT3 as a mutator if nothing else, at least it can be custom implemented with your mod, hopefully some mappers will utilize this, it could be particularly useful in maps with the translocator turned off, and could be fun in general i remember the ramp slides.

CTF-Eternal Caves comes to mind in the Red base dodge sliding over the top behind the red flag from the L to R and players wouldn't expect you to be on the other side.

Comment

wooohoo!

Look at me! So classy! xD

great work arDru, works really well, I can alot of remakes are going to use this

Comment

We will make good use of it!

Comment

Ah dodge ramps. They were supposed to work by default in UT3 and well, like half the stuff they didnt

Should make some interesting maps if people take it and use it well. And Drummer nice to know you haven't been slacking

Comment

i am an idiot, so don't call me one, but is this essentially didge up slopes?
            and if it was implemented in the past iterations of this game, so that i may attempt to understand how much impact it has on my current state of affairs. mind you. i played the original tournament, demo to death, offline, and loved 2k4 to pieces, and only learned to dodge once i got ut3, so my growth is a bit stunted...

Comment

*bump*

Look at me being cool, ramp dodging and stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by rek View Post
                i am an idiot, so don't call me one, but is this essentially didge up slopes?
                and if it was implemented in the past iterations of this game, so that i may attempt to understand how much impact it has on my current state of affairs.
                Couple quick examples then:

Ramp dodging was hugely important for DM-Rankin among others in 2k4. All those corrugated metal sheets you see can be dodged up.

In UT99, DM-Liandri had one. You could dodge up to the biorifle by dodging into the column that supported the platform it was on.

*confession* I always turned dodging off though after accidentally dodging off the ramps on DM-Peak once too often D:

Comment

yeah rankin and perhaps ironic are back to buisness with that kind of stuff
                  thx for ur work mate

Comment

Working...
                  X