Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    train kept a rollin...

...watch out for that train! Ah, the subway setting, this always reminds of the CTF-Bastille custom map for the original UT. This one looks good with the details and it's about time I got around to commenting on this one. It's a good layout for the setting (very tight and you better know the map) and it must be really wild in Greed mode. I like the sound it makes when you frag someone or maybe that's just when you get near the escalators. I was kinda disappointed that the bots got stuck so easy especially near the escalators, but the map was still fun to play.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just a superb map. Plays a dream, looks just as it should, loads of fun.
    I'm not a great fan of the HOLP maps by and large so please Hazel, make some more like this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bad ***! Love your stuff Hazel, keep up the excellent work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just played this map. As I suspected, it's very well made.

The layout is nice, the visuals are nice (the bricks could have a bit more definition but that's just me but your custom assets are **** great), the atmosphere is really great, the item pickups (weapons / ammo) are also very good The only thing that I found a bit low is health. I did play with 11 bots at skillful level (so 12 total players) & I was running out of health very quickly. 1 - 2 more medium health would be welcomed.

I love the lighting & the clean look you manage to accomplish. The train passing is really a great feature that is very convenient for the theme. Clever idea to put the vest / vials there & I like the feature that you get damage when your trying to go at the extremity of the tunnel lol, very clever

The only things that I found extremely annoying for me is that bots get stuck in the stairs & it affect gameplay very badly. They're stuck like they want to climb to collect the items in the middle of the stairs :

[screenshot]http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/747/bots.jpg[/screenshot]

FPS is also great, I was always in the 120+ FPS

In all, it's a keeper but I hope you will address the bots problem in a future version.

Again, THX for your work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's a perfectly constructed map with good risk vs reward, clean original visuals and and nice little touches everywhere.. just what I expect from a Hazel map.

I can't stop noticing there's badly flickering textures along the sides of the sets of stairs leading to the subway from the red base though, the ones just outside where the bio rifle is.. :/ Only on the red side too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tidu View Post
    Love it, performance is much much better since the beta. And the improvements to the subway train are perfect. This is definitely a keeper!
    Thanks, glad to hear it's better now I wasn't too sure what it was when you mentioned the framerate issue. I optimised the materials and removed a few dynamic lights, in some areas there were two.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Love it, performance is much much better since the beta. And the improvements to the subway train are perfect. This is definitely a keeper!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another quality release from Hazel.H
    Review
    Thanks for the sub.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I not a CTF fan, but am a fan of your maps and I can play it in Greed mode, so...

Reminds me of a R6: Athena Sword map, based in the same general location (London subway). Anyways, the atmosphere of the map is great. Although the map is simple looking (compared to other maps), it looks great and let's you get down to business.

I like the train (though it could be a bit louder) and the digital scrolling signs (directing you to each base) as well. While the layout out is linear enough, it does allow enough choices and doesn't feel like your typical CTF layout (which is a good thing).

The biggest issue was the bots though as they got confused trying to grab the items on top of the escalator railing (I think they may have been set to Novice though). Also, it would have been nice to have proper foot step sounds on all the surfaces (I am a foot step freak).

Overall, a fun map that looks great, that make's it a keeper in my book.

Edit: p.s. You have the name "CTF-Retro" in the Title field in the WorldInfo properties.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you for a very well done map! Put it up on [-TOC-]TheOtherCrew-AnythingGoes(CustomMaps)
    69.90.34.91:7777.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Definitely a cool map. There are a couple of places that could probably use a bit less collision but you can file that away under nitpicking I guess
    I like that subtle pulsing effect on the ads and one of those in particular: Shark in a park makes me laugh every time I see it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Pretty great work in capturing the look and feel of the London underground. I used to hate that in my daily commute down the Northern line....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmm.... the map reminds me the metro in London... OMG it is what it was supposed to be !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    reminds me of timesplitters.... LOL it reminds you of every game with tube stations i guess

Nice Map! : O

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Download now !!!!!!!!!!

this mapa reminds gears of war , mission 3 "factory" , and too tim gás station

nice work!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X