• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Character - Liandri Bot'

Name: Liandri Domestic Robot
    Version: MkI

Compatibility: Unreal Tournament III v2.0 PC

Description: It is believed that during a recent Tournament, at the Carbon Fire factory, one of the contestants uploaded a virus into the XV-50L production mainframe. This malicious program activated all the dormant units after re-writing their baseline code. It was absolute chaos. Ratings were off the charts.
    This mainframe is also responsible for any unit software upgrades required by the end consumer, thus several hundred units in field were also affected. Many of these rogue robots are still malfunctioning across the quadrant.

Comments: I'm going to revisit my older character project with some new skills, but I felt my UT abilities were a little rusty. I have not been in the editor in about a year. So this is the result. Model and base texture taken from the Carbon Fire map. The model has been re-scaled and UV adjusted to fit the skeleton and material sectors.
    Team skins are working.
    Uses the Liandri faction for voice, gibs, and FPV arms.
    Drag and drop the folder out of the .zip

Screenshot:

Credits: Epic Studio, GeoDav, and Myself

Download: Filefront

wow this are the guys hanging on Carbon Fire,cool!!! can it be cook to ps3?

Comment

lol, so funny

Comment

the teamcolor is a little bit... little. How to see those in battle?!

Comment

Originally posted by acapulc0 View Post
          the teamcolor is a little bit... little. How to see those in battle?!
          The green sections of the Bot' are the team color sections. The blue is quite strong and the red is very bright, trust me it's easy to see them. All the screen shots were taken from a deathmatch session.

Originally posted by FastShotAbe View Post
          wow this are the guys hanging on Carbon Fire,cool!!! can it be cook to ps3?
          Yes there are. A PS3 cook could take place I think, there is no custom effects, gib's or sound, just the mesh. I don't know how to cook for PS3, if someone wants to they can with my blessings.

Thanks all for your comments.

Comment

mmm...those lights in the arms and eyes seem like plastic, doesn't appear like glowing light
            Anyway nice to see another botskin

Comment

It's alive!!!

Comment

Hey nice one, I'll have a play with it

Comment

Outstanding model, I just love the textures!

Comment

Perfect. Way better than the ones that came with the game. It's more human looking.

Comment

This looks great! I've always wanted to be able to play as these guys.
                      Thanks Mel! Downloading now!

Comment

Ah, okay, I see. Thought those blues were team color. My bad! GW

Comment

Thanks for the comments.
                          This model was exported from the UE and the texture was captured with 3DXRipper. The original mesh is pretty solid for gaming purposes, but it was obviously not meant to be used in this way. I deleted faces that you will never see and scaled the limbs so I could match the base male skeleton.

On that point, we have a female, male and Krall skeleton to work with. But there is a Corrupt skeleton, I found this out when my ini referenced the LIAM family and this model blew up. Does anyone have the Corrupt skel?

After "fixing" the mesh from Epic it was on to the texture sheets. They are only 1024 so detail is not that great but they were nicely laid out, for a static mesh. With Unreal 3's proprietary texture "zones" baked in, the model looked a little funy with whole sections swathed in blank/black texture. It required that the base UV's be altered to fit these zones and that the texture be seperated into 2 sheets, one for the body and one for the head. Once this was complete I could then create the emmissive and specular maps.

The scripting was killing me, Thanks Geodave. Once competed I tested it for a few days to find any glaring errors, vertex weights, texture stretching that sort of thing.

Overall it has brought me right back to the level of enthusiasm for creating characters for Unreal 3 that I had last summer. With luck I can get working on my custom Faction this week, need to do some concept art and then start up Zbrush.

Thanks again for your comments.

Comment

awesome character......

but!!

i don't like the bleu stuff :/
                            You could have made it green/yellowish or something, and make it glow a bit.

so anywaysss!!!!!!! just saying! donut wurry i really like the model

Comment

It needs custom fpv arms! other than that it is superb!

Comment

Working...
                              X