Community Bonus Pack 3: Volume 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Any chance I can get all the CBP3 Volumes in one torrent or links for direct download?
    for PC

thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    another good CBP3 volume

- CDOM-CBP3-CollisionCourse >> Holy Moly! This better be a quick match with the imminent doom thing going on. Great effects all around the spaceship and nice explosion at the end. I like the announcements and multiple paths. The bots are not too bad and I'll have to study it more to get a grasp on all the possible paths for myself.
    - CDOM-CBP3-Enslaved >> hope no one is trying to hook up electricity in here because it ain't happenin'. I like the effect of light passing over everything at once all of a sudden as well as the other good visuals in this one (anything with water, vegetation, old buildings). This has decent gameplay and the bots aren't bad either. These first two maps show off the ClassicDOM gametype well.
    - CTF-CBP3-FullThrottle >> another one where you're moving at a good speed while trying to defend your flag. Nice visuals inside the playing field and it kinda looks interesting outside but I'm sure it's not meant to be looked at too closely. Don't jump off this fast train and watch out for the fans. A quick, small CTF with decent bots. Be careful where you xloc because on top of the rails is a wild ride.
    - CTF-CBP3-SacredArt >> tight inside and wide-open outside and I like the fog with the city view but the sky could be better. You better get the jumps right or it's a deathfall. This one is fun to play once you know how to jump.
    - DM-CBP3-Cydian >> This one is visually pleasing and I like the boat, sparks and water but not sure about the sky. The thunder is also a good addition. It has good gameplay but the bots have teleporter trouble.
    - DM-CBP3-Incapacitate >> old decrepit building theme again with one lift that doesn't work and great gameplay. Lots of neat effects with the dry ice thing and scenery and it seems this building may be a little more in ruins than in some other similar maps.
    - DM-CBP3-Rothem >> great flow and connectivity as well as visuals, this one is not too small for TDM as far as I can tell.
    - VCTF-CBP3-Artemisa >> large factory but not too huge for VCTF, bots suck and watch out for them when on foot.
    - VCTF-CBP3-Octopus >> This is just one large VCTF but not too big anymore than Artemisa is too big. This play well and I like the underneath route for normal on-foot CTF; bots not too bad but could be better. Sky needs a little help and I've seen it somewhere before. Not a good thing to fall off the platforms, so don't do it.
    - VCTF-CBP3-Refuge >> interesting somewhat wide-open but also somewhat tight VCTF with nice upper crisscrossing route, you need a lot of help to get back to your base with the flag because they seem to gang up on you as soon as you leave the opposing base with the flag.
    - WAR-Industrial >> this map looks really good, but doesn't live up to its playability potential. The bots are terrible and don't help you at all or back you up in certain critical circumstances. It can be a bit cramped for vehicles in spots and you're toast if you try anything on-foot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Probably not any time soon. We still have plenty of ideas but most are struggling for time. There may be some individual releases from CBP members though

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any chance of a CBP3 volume 5 any time soon?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    PS3 version released!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Spoondog View Post
    Okay, change of plan regarding the PS3 version...

Volume 4 is going to contain more Domination maps, and so will need to install the Domination gametype. Unfortunately, the PS3 version of UT3 will not allow it to be installed again (when it's already installed with volume 3) because of package name conflicts.

So... the release of volume 3 for PS3 is going to be delayed yet again, until volume 4 is ready - which will be some time just before August 31. All of the volume 3/4 standard maps, characters, pickups will be released as one pack, and all of the volume 3/4 domination stuff will be released as a separate pack.

Sorry for those PS3'ers eagerly waiting!
    looks great! i will definitely be eagerly waiting for this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I downloaded the zip and hand selected what maps I installed...all the DM and CTF maps. I didn't bother installing the new game mode. Anyway, I played a CTF map(Sacred Art) from the new pack, I noticed PhysX is enabled..pretty cool.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Alright, thanks for the replies and info

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hornet85 View Post
    I'm running the game with the -nohomedir command, because I wants to install all my custom map in the same drive as where I install the game

So, I was wondering, will the auto installer for this map pack mess up the installation? Or is there any way to tell it to install all custom content into the that
    F:\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC
    instead of the usual folder in My Document

Thanks
    By selecting the "Install for Everyone" option will install the mod at
    "<Main UT3 Install Location>\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\"
    So you should be ok then.

And FYI as for the Domination part of the install, it allways installs to
    "<Main UT3 Install Location>\UTGame\CookedPC\"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very nice, i love the trailer (youtube).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hornet85
    I'm running the game with the -nohomedir command, because I wants to install all my custom map in the same drive as where I install the game

So, I was wondering, will the auto installer for this map pack mess up the installation? Or is there any way to tell it to install all custom content into the that
    The "install for everyone" option in the installer *may* work - but to be sure, you can just download the zip version and unzip things manually.

EDIT: Woops, meant the "install for everyone" option, fixed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    will be putting these up on my servers soon, thanks guys!!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First of all, thanks for a 3rd map pack, been a huge fan of the first two

One thing I'd like to ask

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the awe-inspiring maps! You guys consistently churn out fantastic work.. keep it up!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Spoondog View Post
    Okay, change of plan regarding the PS3 version...

Volume 4 is going to contain more Domination maps, and so will need to install the Domination gametype. Unfortunately, the PS3 version of UT3 will not allow it to be installed again (when it's already installed with volume 3) because of package name conflicts.

So... the release of volume 3 for PS3 is going to be delayed yet again, until volume 4 is ready - which will be some time just before August 31. All of the volume 3/4 standard maps, characters, pickups will be released as one pack, and all of the volume 3/4 domination stuff will be released as a separate pack.

Sorry for those PS3'ers eagerly waiting!
    ahh... well at least you're thinking of us. ^__^

I can wait.

(i'll be here in this corner)

*cries*

Leave a comment:

Working...
X