No announcement yet.

Community Bonus Pack 3: Volume 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concussion Field... An interesting idea, but it seems overpowered...
    Over-powered is fun! It's almost more fun being the one who's running away from someone who has it, imo Makes for some memorable moments (remember the first time you got a monster kill with the redeemer?).
    Both pickups have some nice effects, and i find it a shame that they were both only used in Enslaved...
    The speed boots are also in the two CTF maps. Don't forget the CBP3_Pickups mutator! It replaces the UDamage with the Concussion Field and the jump boots with speed boots in any map
    some people will love the pack because they aren't hardcore players and play for fun
    Those people are the majority, so we generally aim for that. CBP has never really been about the competitive crowd, though we do try and make things at least suitable for them... and nearly all levels have layout tests first - but we test them more for fun factor I guess. But in the end we're just a bunch of mappers, making levels just because we enjoy it really, and can't please everybody

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
      I honestly feel that CBP3 has slowly got worse with each volume instead of better. Or maybe i started picking up on more things after learning more in the editor and playing more gametypes. Either way, i doubt i'll be replaying many of these maps due to them not having the solid gameplay that keeps a map alive for a long time, just like the previous packs, i can't think of one i play regularly. It seems these packs only care for the visuals and try to put the gameplay in after, some people will love the pack because they aren't hardcore players and play for fun, or don't care how it plays and looks at the visuals. Some of these are well done pieces of art, other then well done levels.
      I, too, think the same. I'm not that into vCTF, Warfare, Custom characters, new pickups, and resource-hogging graphics. I love smooth, competitive game play on Duel and small CTF maps. I played with Rankin, not too important for me. The pick-ups aren't important to me either, since I don't even like using UDamage or anything else, other than Jump Boots. I played duels on the three DM maps, all of which dropped my FPS from 62 to 30. None of them really had good flow either. SacredArt made me drop to 20FPS in many areas. I don't know how long the pack has been in development, but it seems like it was rushed.

I mainly downloaded the pack for DOM, but it only has two maps... which aren't even that good. Poor choice in my opinion, considering it's a popular, non-default gametype and a definite pitch for downloading the pack.

EDIT: Now I can't play anything. I uninstalled the pack and removed all the left over files related to it and other things I deleted before. I've tried loading DM-Cath, a map I just downloaded today, and the game crashes during the loading screen. I've tried loading it many times, even after deleting the "localshadercache" file under the published folder. I tried another map I have already played today and the game crashed on that too.

Domination still shows up in the game type list after I uninstalled the pack.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
        Wow, quite a lengtly & detailed feedback there !

Crazy, you should be part of the beta testers

Comment

Domination still shows up in the game type list after I uninstalled the pack.
          That has a separate uninstall in windows add/remove programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoondog View Post
            That has a separate uninstall in windows add/remove programs.
            Thanks. I uninstalled that and I think I got all the pack's related files, but the game still crashes when I try loading a map.

Comment

What about when you load a standard epic map? Sure you didn't delete anything you weren't supposed to? Check your mydocs\ut3\utgame\logs\launch.log it may give you a clue to the problem.

Comment

What about when you load a standard epic map? Sure you didn't delete anything you weren't supposed to? Check your mydocs\ut3\utgame\logs\launch.log it may give you a clue to the problem.
                The very last errors in the log, after errors about not finding certain characters that I deleted a few days ago, are:

RaiseException() Address = 0x767ef328 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll]
                CxxThrowException() Address = 0x756f8e89 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a 1e18e3b_8.0.50727.3053_none_d08d7bba442a9b36\MSVCR 80.dll]
                Address = 0xbb4f92 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe]
                Address = 0xe875754c (filename not found)
                Address = 0xe875754c (filename not found)

Comment

Awesome. Thanks, I'm sure I'm not the only one appreciative of everyone's work.

Comment

The very last errors in the log, after errors about not finding certain characters that I deleted a few days ago, are:
                    Those aren't really that useful, the lines just before it would be more indicative of the problem. Try backing up your UTCustomChar.ini and your UTGame.ini somewhere and then deleting them, letting UT3 generate new ones. Maybe the map is trying to load a mutator or character that you've deleted.

Comment

Ok, I've downloaded your mappack and installed and everything... but I have an error with the WAR-Industrial.ut3 file... the file is damage and I need to download it again... so here is my question... is there a way to get that map only instead of the whole package?

I don't want to download +500MB again...

Comment

Awesome work.....massive thanks to all involved.

Comment

Over-powered is fun! It's almost more fun being the one who's running away from someone who has it, imo Makes for some memorable moments (remember the first time you got a monster kill with the redeemer?).

The speed boots are also in the two CTF maps. Don't forget the CBP3_Pickups mutator! It replaces the UDamage with the Concussion Field and the jump boots with speed boots in any map

Those people are the majority, so we generally aim for that. CBP has never really been about the competitive crowd, though we do try and make things at least suitable for them... and nearly all levels have layout tests first - but we test them more for fun factor I guess. But in the end we're just a bunch of mappers, making levels just because we enjoy it really, and can't please everybody
                          Mmmmmm, Monster kill *day dreams* ok i forgive you, they're fun

As for the speedboots in CTF maps, personally didn't test as normal CTF, i don't play it i tested in instagib mode.

Mapping for fun or competitive players i still think that a good layout no matter ends up fun and works with the competiive scene. I think personally for gametypes such as vCTF and WAR it needs mappers who play the gametypes more, from playing the previous WAR maps and this one, it seems like the mappers have little knowledge of the gamemode. Yet they can build mch better DM or CTF maps because they've played those gametypes. Same goes for vCTF, although these ones weren't as bad as pervious ones. But that's my opinion

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                          Wow, quite a lengtly & detailed feedback there !

Crazy, you should be part of the beta testers
                          Heh, just trying to help

Comment

Hey, i am new to unreal... this pack owns !! gratz people !

Comment

Haven't played the game in months. This looks good though. May have to fire it up.

Comment

Ok now it works. I installed the community pack via the zip files.

I hope, that we'll see in the next community pack more levels for the domination gamemode.^^

Comment

Working...
                                X