Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks funny!

Comment

I played a little, but didn't see the whole set (deemer, avrils or anything) The shock was the most fun to me, loved the black holes... I also didn't get the rockets but still made kills. The hunting shperes on the dm map I played were awesome, they went right thru walls and stuff. Didn't see the hoverboard. I'll check that stuff out when I get a chance. Liked the link secondary but primary maybe jazz up a bit. Some of the firing rates seemed slow (rocket primary, flak primary + secondary) but it's probably just not what I'm used to. Cheers!

Comment

i would just like to point out that as far as i know, this is the only weapon set specifically created to be played with existing UT3 levels and gametypes (see: not part of a mod)

Comment

Everyone, you should try doing this:
          1 get an open vctf map like hanging gardens
          2 add 1 bot and turn loaded on
          3 shoot a ****load of those black orb things everywhere
          4 once they kill the bot and start chasing you, get on your hoverboard and try to outrun the blobs!

Comment

can u make a the greanedes separate from the pack i think it does it with the sniper or something the smoke is freaking cool but if it was in a different package it would be cool.

Comment

Could you please be more clear about your requests? I know you want smoke grenades as a weapon/deployable separate from the guided sniper thing, but try to be somewhat understandable.

Btw, [hint]I really like running from those hunting spheres. I think it would be really fun if you made it into a gametype.[/hint]

Comment

Great job guys...glad you were able to get this done. I really love a lot of the concepts, and how many things are going on when this mutator is on.

Some thoughts:

The jump height without the slow-fall of low grav is something I always wanted to see, and the hoverboard boost-combos are fun. This mutator does is better suited for larger scale battles and open maps, but in more direct confrontations, it seems like the refire rates really slow the pace of battles though, and in a lot of cases where people had the increased HP, I just couldn't put damage into them fast enough to kill them with a lot of the weapons.

Impact hammer - Surprised there were changes to everything but this

Scorchers - Fun...the secondary moves/fires a little slow, which is good for this weapon, but to make it stand up next to the primary fire, more shots stacked per burst and tightly packed, could work well, so it's something you have to place just right, but it would be worth interrupting your primary fire stream to get it off at intervals

Blob Lobber - I love the way secondary looks/bounces, but the pools seem a little low damage. You can really cover an area though so it works well as an area effect thing. The primary fire just being a laser feels stylistically out of place with the weapon but the combo is a great idea. The circle pattern pools aren't much of an area compared to what you can get off with the secondary on its own though. To make the combo worth it, it could explode in a ring of secondary shots...an idea I think you mentioned once.

Hunting Spheres - I like the feel and the aim required of the primary fire...if the rate of fire was increased it would almost be something you could cover a whole angle with, like the ripper's reflection shot. The hunting spheres are great too and for how deadly they are, it's probably good that you can't get them off too fast but I kept feeling like they had a delay longer than I wanted to be able to throw them out...even Specineff could do a few at once.

Leech/Ranger - Both good ideas, and I like the ranges...any way to make primary heal vehicles for a good amount? Never liked how you had to burn up your whole link gun over a long time to give a heavier vehicle a small boost to its health with the defaults.

Flash cannon - Primary - The refire rate feels really slow, especially given that it doesn't do much damage in one cloud. The moves-in-your-direction is a cool concept, but in battle, you usually aren't advancing directly on your target, and even if you are, these shots can't keep up well enough to make this anything but very short range. If the refire rate were up, it could be a funny sort of spastic area weapon, but I thought that earlier version I saw was much more fun and usable, where it fired quicker than the default flak, stayed tight, and you could make an advancing cloud that stuck around longer than these seem to

Secondary - I like the feel and effect, but the delay between when you fire and when it detonates, always ended up with it bouncing outside of the area I was battling in. If you increased the refire rate and lowered the detonate time, you'd be able to get a feel for the range, and fire at the wall, already knowing where you're going to hit, which is something you'd mentioned in a weapon before.

Since it doesn't fire fast enough to keep clicking it rapidly, and seems to do a fair amount of damage, what about the same projectile, same rate of fire, damage, and range, but you could only have one out at a time, and detonate it anywhere along the arc of its shot with a second press of secondary, if that's possible.

Cue Ball Primary - The homing missile is a lot fun...I like the ability to shoot around things or just get a better angle on a shot based on how someone is moving. The zone you have to look away from seems pretty big and the refire rate on direct shots seems really slow though, especially given the damage. With this and the flash cannon I didn't feel like I had anything direct enough to attack with, and couldn't get kills on healthier enemies. Those gravity wells were a great idea, but the hunting spheres are better for that gun...could you work mini wells into the primary rockets on this? Implosion rockets?

Secondary - Funny effect, and I like that you can charge it. The distance it goes had it often leaving the area I wanted to use it in battle, and forcing it closer usually hits you in the blast. I liked the old blue shockwave one better but this one is clever.

Psycho Rifle - Primary is fun and secondary is awesome...great idea.

Bhairava - Primary is fun, and secondary is even better. I wish you could fire the guided rocket at any time though, and just burn up unused ammo.

Also, can it be made compatible with Titan mode, and can the physics be separated from the weapons?

Hope the input helps...Great work again...you've made an enjoyable alternative way to play the game that's pleasantly far from the effects of the default weapons. I'd love to see further versions or game modes from you guys...maybe some vehicle weapon replacements to match this set?

Comment

can u make the smoke into one weapon mutator instead of getting them all? for example on the flak secondary could you add the smoke and add some sore of code so it takes time to press the secondary again that would be awesome or can u show me where i can make my own weapons on the editor im a noob but with alot of good ideas thanks.

Comment

a couple quick replies:

Originally posted by Distant Land View Post
                    Impact hammer - Surprised there were changes to everything but this
                    i think i had a cool idea for it but it's actually a really complicated weapon to mod and i felt like the leech gun alt would suffice for melee combat.

Blob Lobber - I love the way secondary looks/bounces, but the pools seem a little low damage. You can really cover an area though so it works well as an area effect thing. The primary fire just being a laser feels stylistically out of place with the weapon but the combo is a great idea. The circle pattern pools aren't much of an area compared to what you can get off with the secondary on its own though. To make the combo worth it, it could explode in a ring of secondary shots...an idea I think you mentioned once.
                    yeah we're definitely going to try some other ideas for the next version,

the real purpose for the combo is to pop it on a really low shot (after you bounce it, but you gotta be quick). the ring will come out as an overlapping puddle of instant death.

Flash cannon - Primary - The refire rate feels really slow, especially given that it doesn't do much damage in one cloud. The moves-in-your-direction is a cool concept, but in battle, you usually aren't advancing directly on your target, and even if you are, these shots can't keep up well enough to make this anything but very short range. If the refire rate were up, it could be a funny sort of spastic area weapon, but I thought that earlier version I saw was much more fun and usable, where it fired quicker than the default flak, stayed tight, and you could make an advancing cloud that stuck around longer than these seem to
                    the move in your direction functionality was intended to be used in conjunction with the enhanced dodges. it definitely needs to be reworked, but this was the last weapon we made coming down to the deadline.

secondly, there is a limit on the number of projectiles you can have and the old version reached that limit very quickly.

and for the secondary, i developed a feel for the range at which it would bounce and not bounce. it's pretty much made for lobbing long range bombs in warfare or bouncing off walls in tight DM arenas.

Also, can it be made compatible with Titan mode, and can the physics be separated from the weapons?
                    i don't think there is a chance of this being compatible with the titan mutator since both need their own player.u files or something.

by physics you mean the jump/dodge and hoverboard modifications? i believe those could be separated from the weapons reasonably easily... nevereneder might do it depending on how easy and how much interest there is.

we're cooking up several new weapon and deployable ideas which will probably be bundled with a some new gametypes in the next release. a new vehicle set is more likely further down the line but you never know, we might throw in some surprises.

Comment

I think the hunting spheres should have their damage reduced. Right now it seems that they always instantly kill whatever they touch, which is a bit unfair when they pop up through the ground. I think either a 70-150hp hit or a 15-30hp per second hit would be better.

Comment

Just a quick reply since I'm at work, but you should be able to pull the weapons in using the standard Weapon Replacement mutator if you don't want the other changes.

The only caveat would be that the grenades on the Cue Ball are going to be prone to killing people spontaneously because the code in UT3 that ends your life if you go "outside the world" has an itchy trigger finger, and bumping the walls or ceilings too hard sets it off.

There's code in the full mutator that addresses this problem, but you wouldn't get it if you used Weapon Replacement instead.

Comment

Funny...glad you can do weapons a la cart though...I was hoping for the inverse, where you could get the jumping and life boosts, but pick and choose certain guns, or use Titan...I more just like the idea of a reward for consecutive kills in the same life, Call of Duty style, and the way that adds variety to the game, and dug the bounce on those blue-shockwave rockets

Comment

hooray for official recognition! (we already knew our weapons and hoverboard were badass)

Comment

http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1468

Added to game-maps now

Comment

I found a PS3 link for it somewhere, and It's a blast!

Comment

Working...
                                X