VCTF-Oil_Rig [Pics] [PC] [Final]

Name:
    VCTF-Oil_Rig

Version:
    Final 1.0

Compatibility:
    UT3 2.1

Description:
    In the middle of an ocean there are two offshore platforms. One is operated by the Red Tiger Drilling Company the other by the Blue Shark Oil Company. Both platforms are connected with two bridges and a underwater tunnel. The employees of the platforms live peacefully in neighborhood; - But for one special day in the year, they declare war and fight with futuristic and deadly weapons until one sides gives up ! And the loosing team pays the cleaning and renovation of the bloody battlefield !

Custom Content:
    Custom Textures = Yes
    Custom Models = No

Credits:
    Epic and me !

Download: Mediafire
    Video: youtube

Screenshots:

???

did anyone tried it?

Comment

i tried to download for PS3, but the file i unzipped was not USERDATA.jam, it was pretty much the PC file. the pics look good and id love to test the PS3 version out for u, let me know when this issue is solved please.

Comment

UT3mod.com. that is the best 4 PS3

Comment

Hi , It either seems like too much geometry or it's very unoptimized ,It is not very playable frames for me at least...Non existent AI, and slightly confusing interior levels....

Comment

Originally posted by TX2k7 View Post
            i tried to download for PS3, but the file i unzipped was not USERDATA.jam, it was pretty much the PC file. the pics look good and id love to test the PS3 version out for u, let me know when this issue is solved please.
            Originally posted by doominator10 View Post
            UT3mod.com. that is the best 4 PS3
            I cooked the unpublished map in UnrealFronted – like its been described in this tutorial: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=597904 I get the ini. File and the other files like its shown in the screenshot.

– but after I click on “ok” – to confirm the ini. UnrealFronted stops working ---- ???? dunno what's the reason – tomorrow I will try it on an other PC.

Comment

Originally posted by AKWolf View Post
              Hi , It either seems like too much geometry or it's very unoptimized ,It is not very playable frames for me at least...Non existent AI, and slightly confusing interior levels....
              it is optimized with CullDistanceVolumes and should work with 50 – 25 fps ( the bridge section with 25) – the map has about 1000 bsp's and about 15.000 static mesh actors – yes I know thats is a great number of – but they are almost inside the “buildings”!

The Bots aren't really clever on this map – I dot path nodes everywhere but they get stuck – dunno why – maybe they have problems with the small floors ??? And a other weird thing is – that they have this problems only with patch 1.3 and above – on my PC!

Comment

Ok, it's not possible for me to cook a PS3 version that works!
                I guess my maps have too many static meshes or bsp's – for the 256 MB GPU Ram of the PS3 ?

Comment

video on youtube added => Walkthrough

Comment

Nice looks great I have a try at it.

Comment

It was hard to tell from your fly through video until the very end what vehicles were in the map. All of the running around showed it to be a large map , but, little else. I downloaded it and played it. I like the map. People I play with like VDM , so, that is how this will be played.

Comment

Hi Scud , I have downloaded your map yesterday and played it with 32 bots .
                        Well , I would say that you could do some tuning for bot path and behavior , they seemed to be frozen looking upword to the sky eventhough there were no shelling or air raids from raptor / cecida and they seamed to get stock in the levels just don't know what to do . Some of them though managed to be in main level and get to the vehc. but it is too narrow for them and I think too many opsticals .
                        I got into the raptor and got a tour ..LOL
                        It looks that I got into alot of bumps in the flying zone and even when I fired throu the levels ; it looks that there are also alot of bugs (( bumps )) that needs to be worked out so the line of fire is clear .
                        You did good job and it is alot of work but it is too jammed the way I see it .
                        My pc didn't choke on me or give me any problems but there are lots of bugs needs to be tuned in the map , maybe getting it bigger and getred of some of those opsticals on the main floor , also changing from the hillbender into the scorpions .
                        thanx anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Scud View Post
                          Ok, it's not possible for me to cook a PS3 version that works!
                          I guess my maps have too many static meshes or bsp's – for the 256 MB GPU Ram of the PS3 ?
                          Not being funny, Scud - might be worth you asking euchreplayer or TheDemonSlick whether they could try cooking for PS3? The map looks great, would love to take it for a spin

Comment

http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...TF-Oil_Rig.zip

Comment

fixed download link!

Comment

Working...
                              X