Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Prometheus v2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some feedback

Okay, bringing this back from the depths of the forums for feedback!
    I'm liking the new art style, it sort of transcends texture quality, even though UT3's lack of antialiasing bugs the heck out of me (not your problem).
    The new missions are interesting, and the makeover of the old are pretty nice as well.
    Personally, I think the style of the character you picked fits in extremely well with that of the environment.
    I sense some implied semblance of a future plot, too...

Now onto the slightly critical part of the comment spectrum:

First, if you have some time for tuning at the end of the mod's development, I suggest finding or making a better no-weapon animation than the Redeemer holding pose. This, gameplay-wise, is insignificant.

More importantly though, I keep coming across random bugs that I can't replicate. So far as I can remember, I've seen the following happen:

1. Quantum state replay skip during a processing hiccup (happened twice, once in the training level, where the state skipped about a second of playback and ran into the walls, the other in Defection, where a quantum state missed a jump.)
    2. Movers get randomly misaligned (happened intentionally in any map with an elevator, unintentionally one of the doors got misaligned in Defection.)
    3. Triggers not reacting to quantum states (happened recently, while playing Defection, but I suspect elsewhere.)
    4. Triggers acting oddly (happened once in Overload where button 3 kept deactivating itself, and again in Defection where some of the holdable switches stayed activated if you just touched them, I finished the level with my 4th state this way.)
    5. Breach just kept loading and loading and loading the first time i tried to play it, i left it alone till it crashed, then it worked.
    6. The subtitles in the training area repeat to some degree after hitting the fast-forward key (this ALWAYS happens).

All in all, this build seems surprisingly complete for a mod, but I hope you guys don't run out of ideas for missions .

Good work (for what my opinions' worth),
    XCase.

Comment

Just played trough it and enjoyed it, just like the last version.

however:
      Should be able to skip tutorial the first time playing. Having played trough an earlier release I was really annoyed having to go trough the tutorial.

Would also be nice to be able to choose from all the maps right from the start. Not nearly as important as tutorial skipping though.

with the new machine where you can play whichever clone you want, the freezing when you hit another clone was really annoying as I sometimes had to play the same one four or five times in a row because I kept bumping into the others and not getting a door open in time.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it.
        Originally posted by Xcase View Post
        First, if you have some time for tuning at the end of the mod's development, I suggest finding or making a better no-weapon animation than the Redeemer holding pose. This, gameplay-wise, is insignificant.
        It's been an issue since the beginning of the project, but unfortunately I haven't been able to find a dedicated character artist or animator who would be able to take care of that for me. Hopefully before the next release, but yeah, I'm getting tired of the "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a *****" pose too heheh.
        More importantly though, I keep coming across random bugs that I can't replicate. So far as I can remember, I've seen the following happen:

1. Quantum state replay skip during a processing hiccup (happened twice, once in the training level, where the state skipped about a second of playback and ran into the walls, the other in Defection, where a quantum state missed a jump.)
        Not sure what could be going on there, if it really is a processing hiccup it might be beyond my control. I'll see if anyone else has that problem though.
        2. Movers get randomly misaligned (happened intentionally in any map with an elevator, unintentionally one of the doors got misaligned in Defection.)
        I noticed it in Overload on the last few days but wasn't able to figure it out. After release I was able to figure it out, so hopefully with the next release the misalignment will never happen again.
        3. Triggers not reacting to quantum states (happened recently, while playing Defection, but I suspect elsewhere.)
        While working on some other bugs I noticed that happening too, and I'm about to debug that tonight. It was one of the first things I looked at after the first release, and it's frustrating that it's still happening. It should be easy to fix though, since the new system is already in place.
        4. Triggers acting oddly (happened once in Overload where button 3 kept deactivating itself, and again in Defection where some of the holdable switches stayed activated if you just touched them, I finished the level with my 4th state this way.)
        I went through and fixed a lot of the Kismet after release, I noticed that a lot of it didn't reset properly and sometimes got stuck. I think I've fixed all of it, but I'll keep testing all of the levels to make sure.
        5. Breach just kept loading and loading and loading the first time i tried to play it, i left it alone till it crashed, then it worked.
        Ouch. If it happens again, please send me your log file.
        6. The subtitles in the training area repeat to some degree after hitting the fast-forward key (this ALWAYS happens).
        Hmm, I thought I'd fixed that issue. If you can tell me your exact steps to reproduce it I would be grateful. (Like, waited until this subtitle came up then pressed fast forward, etc).
        All in all, this build seems surprisingly complete for a mod, but I hope you guys don't run out of ideas for missions .
        The past few days I've been finishing up one of the levels I had to cut for this release, so there are already a few missions waiting in the wings for next time. The main thing that's been holding me back is the lack of environment artists. I really need to get at least one for next release so that I can focus on programming and polish.
        Good work (for what my opinions' worth),
        XCase.
        Thanks!

Originally posted by FourEyes View Post
        Should be able to skip tutorial the first time playing. Having played trough an earlier release I was really annoyed having to go trough the tutorial.
        Thank you for the suggestion, I will integrate that into the next release by checking to see if the player has the Army Of One award and automatically unlocking the next level.
        Would also be nice to be able to choose from all the maps right from the start. Not nearly as important as tutorial skipping though.
        I'll probably do the same thing here, check to see if the player got the Epimetheus or Deja Vu awards and unlocking the next release up to that point. Good idea.
        with the new machine where you can play whichever clone you want, the freezing when you hit another clone was really annoying as I sometimes had to play the same one four or five times in a row because I kept bumping into the others and not getting a door open in time.
        Perhaps shortening the amount of time you remain frozen, or just reducing your speed instead of freezing you would work?

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming.

Comment

OK, could someone please help me. I tried running Prometheus but i get a warning that there is something wrong with Prometheus.ink . So i tried making a copy of the shortcut to UT3.exe and tried to change the target but then i got a warning that the target is invalid.

Comment

If you're having problems running it, make a duplicate of your UT3 shortcut and add this to the end of the Target:

-mod=..\Prometheus

Mine looks like this:

D:\Programs\UnrealTournament3\Binaries\UT3.exe -mod=..\Prometheus

Sometimes it might need quotes around it. On my bf's computer the link looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -mod=..\Prometheus

Let me know if you're having any more problems.

Comment

ok so now i have the correct target ( "X:\Game Files\UT3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -mod=..\Prometheus) but it just starts UT3 without Prometheus. I removed prometheus and re-extracted it in folder: My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 is that the correct extraction target?

EDIT: nevermind, the problem was that there was only a folder called prometheus that contained a folder also called prometheus and the readme and shortcut and shaders folder. this had to be extracted in the My Games\Unreal tournament 3 folder

Comment

Working...
              X