WAR-Araja][ (Second Edition released!) [PC] [Download&Screens]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I've seen at least one other WAR map that comes up with a classic version in my WAR maps list within the game (and maybe a couple more but not sure), but I'm at work now so I can't check. Thanks for the info though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
    Does that mean there is no orb and it's basically ONS?
    Yes, I wanted to provide a way to play the map like it was originally played in UT2004.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does that mean there is no orb and it's basically ONS?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I usually don't download too many custom WAR maps, but I liked this one and I remember the ONS version from UT2004. This one has great atmosphere, great detail, good gameplay and good music with hidden pathways and a wild sky; I only found one hidden pathway, so I need to play it again to find others. It was fun to play and don't fall off the bridges.
    Thanks for playing it SkaarjMaster!

This one was fun, but not sure what regular and classic versions mean as it looks like the node layout is the same for both.
    In the "classic" node layout there are no orb spawners to make the gameplay more similar to the UT2004 version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I usually don't download too many custom WAR maps, but I liked this one and I remember the ONS version from UT2004. This one has great atmosphere, great detail, good gameplay and good music with hidden pathways and a wild sky; I only found one hidden pathway, so I need to play it again to find others. It was fun to play and don't fall off the bridges. This one was fun, but not sure what regular and classic versions mean as it looks like the node layout is the same for both.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by m2SP1rit View Post
    The map has a really cool atmosphere...and also wicked game play in my opinion...love it. Great Job.
    Thanks m2SP1rit.

Cons: hardware performance issues. I am running a quad core machine Q9650 at 3.0 Ghz, 4 gigs RAM..and ATI Radeon 5870 and at some points of the map my FPS drops down to the 40's and 30's.
    The FPS drop is a known issue in certain areas because of the size and detail of the map, but I'm surprised that you're experiencing it given your computer configuration... Maybe the UT3 engine has intrinsic limits that have nothing to do with the hardware it runs on.

I have been playing this map with bots...any one know if this map is listed on a server somewhere?
    I'm not sure if they still have public servers for UT3 but check out these links:
    www.unreal.fr
    www.nervousenergy.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Pros: Amazing immersive true to UT3 style atmosphere, amazing graphics and I really like the game play
    Cons: hardware performance issues. I am running a quad core machine Q9650 at 3.0 Ghz, 4 gigs RAM..and ATI Radeon 5870 and at some points of the map my FPS drops down to the 40's and 30's.
    But honestly...the immersion and addictive gameplay overcome the hardware issues IMO.
    I have been playing this map with bots...any one know if this map is listed on a server somewhere?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The map has a really cool atmosphere...and also wicked game play in my opinion...love it. Great Job.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks TIPPER. Glad you liked it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Fantastic map minifloppy. Such a shame some mappers dont take the time to iron out the last of the kinks in their work.
    Thank you very much. Definitely a keeper

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the mirror! Added in the first post and on my website.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mirror:

http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...-araja2-se.zip

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just a quick update for those of you who are still waiting for a PS3 cook.

I finally had some time in the last few days to try to cook the map for PS3, but after fixing some minor issues I realized that I've used just too much Titan content to be able to replace it without having to completely redo large portions of the map.

So, no PS3 cook until Epic fixes the Titan content cooking process. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KurlonT View Post
    Hey min any chance of trying a PS3 cook now that it supports custom sounds?

P.S. I'm just wondering if the cook would work at all due to the Titan content...
    I was thinking of cooking it for PS3 after reading about PS3 sound support, just didn't have time to look into it till now. I'll try to find some time in the next few days.

As you pointed out the main problem is the Titan content I've used in the map.. I'll see if I can replace it with stock contents.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey min any chance of trying a PS3 cook now that it supports custom sounds?

P.S. I'm just wondering if the cook would work at all due to the Titan content...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X