No announcement yet.

WAR-Araja][ (Second Edition released!) [PC] [Download&Screens]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoes does it play... I am away from home and not able to try it first hand.... looks nice though

Comment

Originally posted by KurlonT View Post
      minifloppy if you need help w/ the PS3 cook then contact euchreplayer23 or The Deamon Slick as both are pretty experienced w/ the whole PS3 cook process.
      Thanks for the pointer. If there is some interest for a PS3 version I'll contact them!

Originally posted by Chaotic_Cannon View Post
      Hoes does it play... I am away from home and not able to try it first hand.... looks nice though
      Well the gameplay is similar to the one of ONS-Araja for UT 2004. As such it is much more onslaught than warfare. The map does not have any isolated node or special vehicles. The are a lot of node and vehicles (Axon only). Here is the radar map with link setup (I added the same image also in the first post):

[screenshot]http://www.minifloppy.it/maps/araja2/shot09.jpg[/screenshot]

The center node linked to primary gives an interesting twist to gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic_Cannon View Post
        only played it off line myself - but it looks and feels like it will play well.

Heres hoping it gets voted in tonight for the «ne» Custom map night

Comment

Really cool map, great work.

Comment

Originally posted by minifloppy View Post
            Thanks for the pointer. If there is some interest for a PS3 version I'll contact them!
            Sure thing...Oh and you got one vote for a PS3 cook since we could always use more custom Warfare maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus... View Post
              only played it off line myself - but it looks and feels like it will play well.

Heres hoping it gets voted in tonight for the «ne» Custom map night
              Did you have a chance to play it?

Originally posted by aznstyle11 View Post
              Really cool map, great work.
              Thanks aznstyle11! Glad you like it!

Originally posted by KurlonT View Post
              Sure thing...Oh and you got one vote for a PS3 cook since we could always use more custom Warfare maps.
              Ok, I will look into it!

Comment

unfortunately no - but theres so many good maps out ATM

I tend to let others choose the maps

Comment

Review is up.

Really nice map
                  Thanks for submitting it.

BTW I posted this link over at BuF as well.

Comment

Ya got 2 votes for a PS3 cook

Comment

Originally posted by firefly View Post
                      Review is up.

Really nice map
                      Thanks for submitting it.

BTW I posted this link over at BuF as well.
                      I commented on BuF.

Originally posted by Blake1011 View Post
                      Ya got 2 votes for a PS3 cook
                      I was reading the PS3 cooking process on UDN and it seems that custom sounds and music cannot be exported to PS3. Didn't knew of this limitation before reading the documentation.

The atmosphere of the map is heavily based on sounds from previous unreal games and on the custom soundtrack by MrFerroni. Removing those sound will require a lot of work and will ruin the feeling of the map. As such, I don't know if there will be a PS3 cook.. Sorry guys

Comment

Thx for the update about the PS3 cook and totally understand.
                        I'm not sure what mappers do in that situation...guess they would have subsitute custom sounds for default ones and take out any music which is not ideal.

Doubt the custom sounds issue will ever get fixed since that part is all on the Sony end.

Comment

Hey, I see you added me to your thank list. Nice, but I only commented on your map from the screenshots.

I promise I'll have a look at your map soon, and post feedback.

Comment

No orb spawner at base for blue team, meaning they don't get orbs for the whole match.

There are logs on top of base which you can fall through letting you camp right next 2 the core.

Also I found a part where you can fall and still survive.

Comment

Like promised, my feedback is here.

Comment

Originally posted by aznstyle11 View Post
                                No orb spawner at base for blue team, meaning they don't get orbs for the whole match.

There are logs on top of base which you can fall through letting you camp right next 2 the core.

..cut..

Also I found a part where you can fall and still survive.

..cut..
                                Nice catches aznstyle11!

Strange that no one (including myself) didn't notice that the blue orb spawner was missing... This is a pretty bad bug.

I fixed the other two errors. I'll release a Second Edition of the map in the next few days.

Thank you very much for playing it.

Originally posted by Kantham View Post
                                Like promised, my feedback is here.
                                I replied there

Comment

Working...
                                X