• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fact3 Release

Name:Fact3
    Version:1
    Compatibility:Patch 2.0 or above
    Description:
    Fact3 is a Steampunk Total Conversion game of Unreal Tournament 3 made by a team of 12 students of l’Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue campus Longueuil.

MOD Info:
    Class-type game
    Custom inventory for each class
    Custom pawn properties
    Custom weapon
    Custom character
    Custom map
    Custum Pickups
    Custom Frontend and menu
    Third-person
    Comments:
    Come with the source code.

Script for the Class-type game is base on the CTF+.
    The in-game mesh change is base on the Micah71381 script.
    The Third Person camera is a mix of the Gearsofunreal , GearsCam and The Unreal Hero cam.

Thanks to the Unreal Community for your help.
    Screenshot:

Credits:
    Nicolas Barrière (Sorano)
    Annick Bédard
    Frédéric Bouchard
    Maxime Dontigny
    Samuel Kack
    Jean-Christophe Goyette
    Maxime Lebel (MXcode)
    Bernard Millet
    Paméla Morier
    Josiane Roger
    James Roman
    Etienne Savoie (Validuss)
    Under the supervisions of our teacher:
    Gilbert Arcand (Alcor43)
    Homepage:http://mm.uqat.ca/fact3
    Video:http://www.vimeo.com/4601785
    Download:http://files.filefront.com/Fact3exe/.../fileinfo.html

wow look good download now

Comment

downloading now just to have a look

Comment

oooh... steampunk!

Comment

Can see a problem looking at the pics. The hud is too big and bright. Being mroe colourful and brighter than the rest of the scene means your eyes will be naturally drawn too it. Instead of whats going on ingame.

Comment

I also worked on this (I'm in the credits under the name Nicolas Barrière). I can say that this was a blast to work on. Apparently dear MXCode did not know of my account on these forums.

If you have random questions, ask away and I'll try to answer! I'll be checking this thread for a while.

Comment

i have a question, on the cover what is the character on the far right? he looks like a monster or alien thing

Comment

WOW is right...

Comment

Originally posted by A.Republican View Post
                  i have a question, on the cover what is the character on the far right? he looks like a monster or alien thing
                  That my friend, is the Arbrute (or Tree-brute, we're a french-canadian team). He's a magic/elemental tree guardian of our more nature-aligned faction in Fact3: The Rusties.

He is summoned by tribal shamans to guard the various Rusty tribes scattered throughout the world. Even though his strenght and stamina are great, he's also as frail as a normal tree in our world would be. So while Arbrutes protect tribes, each tribe needs to take care of their guardians by healing their cuts, warding parasites and decay and things like that. Arbrutes are also powerful empaths, helping the tribes they protect establish an even greater connection with natural forces.

We had another junk/electric elemental planned, called the Ecklectik, early in development but was scrapped in production due to time constraints. He may show up, one day...

Comment

I'm having problems finding and hosting games. When I start to host a game I end up getting no response. I'm running the 2.1 patch, and my OS is Vista-64. I created a profile specifically for the game, like I did for The Haunted. It would appear to me that I'm not being signed in.

EDIT: The game says I'm using patch 2.0, but I'm definitely using 2.1.

Comment

Currently, as far as I can tell, Fact3 does not support online matchups. Lan Matches work fine, since the mod was made for that purpose first in mind. I will ask MXCode (the original poster in this thread) if online works at all.

Comment

Does this have any Bot support for offline play?

Comment

Originally posted by marilol View Post
                          Does this have any Bot support for offline play?
                          I can confirm that it does. It should work with both main menu settings and console commands.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorano View Post
                            Currently, as far as I can tell, Fact3 does not support online matchups. Lan Matches work fine, since the mod was made for that purpose first in mind. I will ask MXCode (the original poster in this thread) if online works at all.
                            Multiplayer via Internet work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorano View Post
                              I can confirm that it does. It should work with both main menu settings and console commands.
                              Well, this should be a fun weekend

Comment

Working...
                              X