Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ball - Teotl - 4+ Hour singleplay TC mod - 3 X 1st prize MSU

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by bn_avit View Post
    get stuck on the loading screen on all levels i really want to play this help please
    Same thing for me, I'm running the game on Vista x64. On my Notebook with Vista 32 it runs fine.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by euchreplayer23 View Post
      The tutorial and survival mode loads fine and play, but the ball launcher is not in my inventory though, enforcer and impact hammer are there instead. Did you change the coding for the inventory?
      I have a similar problem with the black screen part. When I play the "actual" levels all I get is a black screen. I never had a problem with the previous versions either. I don't have steam installed if that matters....

      Code:
      [TB-Pehua UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]*****
      MapName=TB-Part3-Teotl-Level2
      FriendlyName=Part 3 - Teotl - Level 2
      When I was trying to get the levels to work, i noticed in a couple of the map ini's. Is that on purpose?
      We don't use the inis at all so they are not up to date.

      bn_avit - so the menu does show up correctly? This happens for a few people, we don't know what is different for you guys. It works perfectly ok for everyone else.

      General checklist when it doesn't work:

      -Did you completely uninstall the previous versions of the mod? That includes UTTheBall.ini in the config folder.
      -Patch 2.0 or above?
      -Verify the location. It must be installed here: C:\Documents and Settings\Hourences\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\TheBall
      -Commandline goes like this: "C:\UnrealTournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -mod=..\TheBall
      -If you use the steam version, and our instructions don't work, try going into steam and rightclicking UT3. There is an option somewhere there to set a commandline, or start with a command line. Add -mod=..\TheBall there.
      -Try deleting the file located here: C:\Documents and Settings\Hourences\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\TheBall\Shaders - this will make the game load slower so have a bit more patience.
      -There are log files here: C:\Documents and Settings\Hourences\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Logs - Note that the logs are in the UT dir, and not TheBall. Open Launch and Launch2 in notepad. Possibly post them here or email them to me if you wish me@hourences.com

      Comment


        #18
        Yeah menu loads fine can adjust all settings and then when i press any of the games it goes to the loading screen and then nothing I have Alt+CTRL+DEL to get out of it. I am also runnig Vista 64bit could that be the issue? I will try the above things and get back to you

        Comment


          #19
          works like a charm here on vista 64 avit m8

          Comment


            #20
            NVM. hadnt logged in since i updated.


            new issue: the mod reverts to default key movements and i cant remap since the mod offers no "keys" option in the input screen. should i reinstall?


            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by jabo1SFH View Post
              NVM. hadnt logged in since i updated.


              new issue: the mod reverts to default key movements and i cant remap since the mod offers no "keys" option in the input screen. should i reinstall?


              Start a level, you can configure keys in the Escape Menu - Settings.

              Comment


                #22
                Might be possable issues with mapmixer.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Hourences View Post
                  Start a level, you can configure keys in the Escape Menu - Settings.

                  thx. got it fixed. had to do a complete reinstall of teotl.



                  is there a way to stop the mummies from respawning? P.I.T.A. trying to complete tasks when the mummies seem to respawn incessantly and endlessly.


                  Comment


                    #24
                    Great fun, but I'm stuck on Teotl II. I got passed the first puzzle with the Giant's Causeway theme, but I just can't figure out the next one. I've placed the ball on the lift (because it doesn't seem to be able to go anywhere else), the lift lowers, I jump below the lift, hit the lift from underneath so that it raises and the the ball gets pulled up by some magnet, and then I have no idea what to do. I rush back up using that makeshift elevator, then I try to steer the ball somewhere, but nothing seems to work. I've tried hitting the ball in various ways to get it to fall to the lower level, to no avail.

                    EDIT. Got it. Clever use of UT3 movement.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Well, the puzzles in Teotl II were definitely much more challenging than anything we've seen before. Good stuff.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
                        Great fun, but I'm stuck on Teotl II. I got passed the first puzzle with the Giant's Causeway theme, but I just can't figure out the next one. I've placed the ball on the lift (because it doesn't seem to be able to go anywhere else), the lift lowers, I jump below the lift, hit the lift from underneath so that it raises and the the ball gets pulled up by some magnet, and then I have no idea what to do. I rush back up using that makeshift elevator, then I try to steer the ball somewhere, but nothing seems to work. I've tried hitting the ball in various ways to get it to fall to the lower level, to no avail.

                        EDIT. Got it. Clever use of UT3 movement.
                        I cant get that one at all.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Add me on xfire if you'd like any hints/walkthroughs on any of the puzzles. Username rhykker

                          Comment


                            #28
                            I updated the walkthrough today:

                            http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=180946

                            These do not mention the secrets though, I am thinking about doing a community thingy with those perhaps. Dont know how exactly yet.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Neat walkthrough.

                              Huh. Turns out I found a different way of overcoming that second puzzle on Teotl II. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if many of my trick jump techniques were not the intended way to solve puzzles...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X